I misspoke. The Mars light is higher umols, but concentrated in a smaller area. (0.5x0.5 ft)

Attachments

• viparspectra-v600-par-chart.jpg
    viparspectra-v600-par-chart.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 58
  • ECO600--Par_3.jpg
    ECO600--Par_3.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 63
Found my first tiny pistol on the Lemon Haze plant! Now I don't have to worry with her. Gorilla glue is a little behind. Her stipules are crossing which is generally not the case for males I've read, so she'll be showing her pistols soon as well, I hope! I'll get pics as soon as it's large enough to view with my camera :Namaste:

Hi West Hippie, thanks for the tags! :circle-of-love:And thank you @PlastekShark for looking into our lights. You can use "smokesara" or "marshydro" to get your discount off from our website: www.mars-hydro.com and if you have any question in future, you can contact me freely. :circle-of-love:

Hi West Hippie, thanks for the tags! :circle-of-love:And thank you @PlastekShark for looking into our lights. You can use "smokesara" or "marshydro" to get your discount off from our website: www.mars-hydro.com and if you have any question in future, you can contact me freely. :circle-of-love:

Thank you very much Sara. I'm currently looking into they Eco 600W

Thank you very much Sara. I'm currently looking into they Eco 600W
Hi PlastekShark, now all (except AU) of our Mars ECO 600 is upgraded from 98 chips to 120chips, that means you pay same amount of money for a bigger wattage and more powerful lights. :D :cool: Hope you and your plants will love it!

I'm in to see if I can help with the LST (though you never know what else I might have to say ;))! Oh and if you have autos you almost certainly have females. You would have to go out of your way to purchase regular auto seeds.

I know the odds are extremely slim. Better safe than sorry! Lol.

Quite true, though it's never anything I've thought about. I want pistils to show as late as possible on an auto. Longer veg means bigger harvest!

Here's a pic of each plant from the side.

Attachments

• 20190129_105951.jpg
    20190129_105951.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190129_105931.jpg
    20190129_105931.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 66
First thing I would do is get a rock to support the trunk on the side where the bend is. You don't want to stress the connection between the trunk and the roots at the soil line. I also recommend thicker wire so you don't have to worry about cutting through the skin as the plant ages.

Now that the main is laid out (it looks like you have bent it about as far as you can at this pont), I would tuck the big fans under the main stem to expose the lower growth to the light. The entire theory behind LST is tricking the plant into thinking it no longer has an apical cola without actually removing it. And the way to do that is to keep the apical (main) stem growth lower than the lower growth. You can't do that until the lower growth gets the light it needs.

Looks good so far! Let's hope it doesn't flower out too quickly so there's time to train.

First thing I would do is get a rock to support the trunk on the side where the bend is. You don't want to stress the connection between the trunk and the roots at the soil line. I also recommend thicker wire so you don't have to worry about cutting through the skin as the plant ages.

Now that the main is laid out (it looks like you have bent it about as far as you can at this pont), I would tuck the big fans under the main stem to expose the lower growth to the light. The entire theory behind LST is tricking the plant into thinking it no longer has an apical cola without actually removing it. And the way to do that is to keep the apical (main) stem growth lower than the lower growth. You can't do that until the lower growth gets the light it needs.

Looks good so far! Let's hope it doesn't flower out too quickly so there's time to train.

Thanks for your help! I probably should have started earlier but wasn't sure of the timing. Even if they start to flower, I'll be happy as long as I don't kill them! Lol. Loving my first grow and the learning that's coming with it!

My autos tend to double in size during stretch so there will be plenty to do, and it will be good practice either way.

Good to know!

I'm also going to raise my light to 20" above the canopy. I had it much too close. Higher umol in a much smaller area wasn't doing me any good lol. Time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom