PlastekShark

Hello, everyone! :D

Similar to what I have seen with some other posts...I am also now starting a personal grow with the legalization passing in Michigan. I had been on the fence about getting started for almost 2 years. Legalization passing was all the go ahead I needed.;)

As the title states, this is my first ever attempt at growing. Any tips are GREATLY appreciated. I tried to educate myself as much as I could before starting my grow, but hands on is a whole different ball game.

I'm currently growing two plants. I only have one pictured here now but will upload the other soon. The plant pictured is a Super Auto Lemon Haze, from Original Sensible Seeds. The other plant (currently not pictured) is a Gorilla Glue Auto, from FastBuds Seeds.

I was unfortunately too strapped on a budget to purchase a grow tent for this first grow, so I have it set up in an unused closet measuring 5x3x8 (I have the top 3 feet blocked off, so realistically it's 5x3x5) I used foil to line the walls in order to add a reflective surface for the light. ( I know, sounds like an episode of Trailer Park Boys) I'm using a Phlizon 600W LED Full Spectrum light sitting aprox 14-15 inches above both plants. Using a small humidifier to keep RH at 52-55% and a small fan to keep air circulating inside the grow space. I will be installing a CO2 bag in one week. Temperature for the space stays around 71-78°F. Medium is a mix of Coco, LITE nutrient soil, and Perlite. Ratio of 60/30/10 in a 3 gallon cloth pot. When I say lite nutrient soil I mean, .85 -.05 -.10

Both plants are 11 days from germination. They received their very first nutrient feeding today. Very lite. 2ml CalMag, 1.5ml GH Micro, and 1.5ml GH Bloom in 1 gallon of water. So far I think everything is going well. The Goriall Glue plant looks a little thinner, and slower to develop. Seeing as how I only just started adding nutrients, and both plants have had identical conditions, I suspect it's just simply the genetics of the plant.

At any rate, let me know what you think, or if you have any questions!

Thank you! :Namaste:

Welcome shark to 420 magazine
Don’t you want to start that grow in a journal?
When sending pics please cover or turn off burple light we can’t see any problems like that .
With a journal you’ll get plenty help in your grow !

Welcome to 420Mag, im from the Mitten as well, but I started way begore legalization lol. You should consider starting a grow journal great way to meet super knowledgeable cultivators!!

Congrats on legalization. Just click on "report" and ask them to move this thread to grow journals. You can also change the title if you desire.

Closet is a perfect place to start!

I've asked them to move this thread. As soon as it's moved I'll put up some photos of my girls under some white light :)

Taking longer than I thought for the move. Here are both plants in some natural lighting. 20190123_121017.jpg20190123_121011.jpg20190123_120942.jpg20190123_120926.jpg

Your girls look great!!

You said your using foil, if aluminum foil off the roll I’d suggest getting Mylar...Walmart or Meijers should have emergency blankets.

You might be very grateful for that extra 3 feet of headspace in your closet. I have a 2x4x5 tent and wish I could have gotten an 8 footer.

Since your girls are rocking it, may I suggest topping after the 4th node when time comes. I think you’ll like the results.

Your girls look great!!

You said your using foil, if aluminum foil off the roll I’d suggest getting Mylar...Walmart or Meijers should have emergency blankets.

You might be very grateful for that extra 3 feet of headspace in your closet. I have a 2x4x5 tent and wish I could have gotten an 8 footer.

Since your girls are rocking it, may I suggest topping after the 4th node when time comes. I think you’ll like the results.

I am using aluminum foil currently. I will certainly look into getting Mylar. With these girls being autos, I don't think I'll have to worry too much about my headspace. I've looked into topping, and on autos it doesn't seem to help too much. I think it's because of their short veg cycle, giving them less recovery time. I plan on starting LST next week when I introduce the CO2 bag. LST seems to yield the best results when dealing with autos. However, I plan on doing two Northern Lights autos after this grow and for my own experimentation I will probably top one of them, and LST the other.

thread moved to journals in progress. let me know what you want to change the title too and ill do it for you.

Thank you! @Amadeus Forzin New title...

First Ever Grow: Gorilla Glue and Super Lemon Haze auto in Coco/Soil mix. 2019

Day 12

The Lemon Haze has already begun to give off a nice strong smell. She's just taking off!

The Gorilla Glue seems to be stretching more than the Lemon Haze. I believe it's partly due to the majority of blue light coming from one end of the light as opposed to being more uniform. So, I just swapped positions under the light, and we'll see how she likes that.

Feeding is going well. No weird developments with new growth, or burn on older growth.

Staying at 55% humidity and around 77°F

Attachments

• 20190124_125927.jpg
    20190124_125927.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 189
  • 20190124_125823.jpg
    20190124_125823.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom