Plato420's 2x2 Organic T5 - Ace of Spades 2014

Plato420

YO! What's Up 420 Mag! I'm back and its a small garden right now but hey you don't need a big garden to be happy right!:tokin:

Lots of Love to everyone here!

What strain is it? - ACE of Spades And Blackjack
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ACE of Spades - Ind/Sat 30/70
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Ace of Spades Flower _ Blackjack is in Veg
If in Veg... For how long? BJ 28 days
If in Flower stage... For how long? Ace of Spades Day 6
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? _ Organic Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Happy Frog
If soil... What size pot? 3 Gallon
Size of light? 2 foot 2 bulb T5 Veg - 4 foot 6 bulb T5 3 blue 3 red
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? 81 - 90 with lights on average 85. With lights off temp is steady at 74F.
RH of Room/cab? flower 50% Veg 60-70%
PH of media or res? fox farm's happy frog- not sure of ph
Any Pests ? NO
How often are you watering? once every 4 days
Type and strength of ferts used? General Organics GO Box using everything recommended other that the squid. reg strength.

So I'm currently in flower this is day 6 for the Ace of Spades from a clone purchased at a local dispensary. I'm flowering under a 30,000 lumen T5 unit hung vertically in my 2'x2'x4' flowering cab. I'm also in veg with a Fem Blackjack from Nirvana seeds. I have topped it a few times now and planning on starting to LST soon. I did a previous grow using the General Organics line and figured I will stick with this until I go TLO (True Living Organic) Style. I have 2 Dayton 105 CFM axial fans one in and one out in the flower cab.

This is a simple 2 plant flower set up with the ability to be a 4 plant set up with a light hung from the top. Looking at several LED lights most of which are 420mag sponsors. However this flower cycle I will Run the T5 all the way thru flower for the Ace of Spades.

Pics to come soon!

IMG_40475.jpg
IMG_40464.jpg
IMG_40451.jpg
IMG_40446.jpg
IMG_40434.jpg
IMG_40424.jpg
IMG_40411.jpg
IMG_40405.jpg
IMG_40395.jpg
IMG_40361.jpg
IMG_40352.jpg
IMG_40251.jpg

Hey So here is a pic of the cab and as you can see it is not a lot of grow space but doing what I can with what I have.

Just built this cab and it cost total for everything other that the 4' 6 bulb T5 light about $650. So this is where I'm at with everything. Feel free to comment and let me know what ya THink.

IMG_40812.jpg

Here are a few more pics. This is day 6 Flower for the Ace. Day 29 Veg from Seed for the Blackjack.
Ace Birds eye view.
IMG_40994.jpg

inner branching of the ace. Still only preflower pistols but branches has done quite a bit of stretching.
IMG_40985.jpg

Branch of Ace of Spades.
IMG_40973.jpg

Installed a home style filter to the box to catch any large and semi small particulate.
IMG_40944.jpg

Here is the BJ.
IMG_40932.jpg

Side View of the Ace
IMG_41004.jpg

IMG_40913.jpg

Every eve when the lights come on I check the plants. I run my light cycle from 7:00pm to 7:30am so I am currently on a 12.5/11.5 schedule. I'm thinking I will run the entire flower period with this schedule.

I keep it super clean in my cab not leaving any soil or bits of stuff hanging around. The Humidity in the Veg area is over 70% so I will be putting some damp rid in there to bring it back to at least 6o%.

The flower cab is running about 55-60% humidity and will possibly try a technique another 420magster recommended which is hanging a large bag of rice in the room and it sounds like it would work. However if it doesn't work I will use the calcium chloride which is proven to remove water from the air.

My cab is a total of 16 cubic feet in the flower cab and with two 105 CFM Dayton Axial fans, one in one out, I am well over the 80CFM which is 5 times air exchange each min.

I use Happy Frog Soil and I use RO water PH 6.75. This is a little high but I talked with General Organics and they said Happy Frog is a very forgiving soil mix and can handle water PH up to 7.0. This however is not exactly ideal for the soil microbeasts they start to die off from what I hear at higher PH Levels. I would say 6.25 to 6.5PH would be a good ph for the soil medium I am running but for ease I call 6.75 good enough especially with what the GO rep said. I would like to hear others thoughts on this as well.

The Ladies seem to be doing pretty well and some leaf curl on the ace but only on a few of the older leafs so I feel like all the new growth is looking good. I'm looking forward seeing them in full bloom! Lots of love.

Peace!:roorrip::420::tokin:

So here is a link to Growing with the moon phases and cycles. I think there is a lot to learn from growing and harvesting at different moon phases. Really the most important aspects are to sprout seeds a couple of days prior to a full moon. So without going into much of the article here take a look and let me know what you think.
Moon phases and the power it holds on planting!

Hey there,
Subbed if ya don't mind. Liked the link on lunar phase gardening stuff.

Your tent looks nice. Ill be along for the ride.

Peace

Also, is there no light above your plants, only side lighting? Interesting.

Hey there,
Subbed if ya don't mind. Liked the link on lunar phase gardening stuff.

Your tent looks nice. Ill be along for the ride.

Peace

Also, is there no light above your plants, only side lighting? Interesting.

Hey COorganics! great to have you here! I will have to check out your garden, TLO is my next step in growing and now there is a company that sells the soil so I will have to order some and give it a run!

Yes side lighting only. I had purchased the T5 for a prior grow where I had more room and used it as a veg light. However now with my space restriction and since I had this light on hand from the previous grow I figured why not give it a shot. It has 30,000 lumen which is quite a bit for the tiny 18inch x 22inch x 4feet tall grow space.

:Namaste:

Nice, will be interesting to see how they flower under the side lighting. Ive not seen anyone do that yet. Looks great so far.
PM me before u order the soil from the online company I have some ideas for you.
(If ya like)

Happy ganja farming

Edit: if u really wanna go TLO, the best thing you could do, right now, ahead of time, is build or buy a worm farm and red wiggler worms. The worm farm for me is a very very important part of my grow. For castings for top dressing, for castings for amending soil, for innoculant for compost teas. And for compositing my root balls and fan leaves and stalks from old grows.

What u do is buy a bag of decent quality EWC to start and put that below your food tray, this way long before the worms would have provided you a tray of castings, there is one there and you have gave it some life by allowing the live worms to move around through the purchased EWC.

Also worm farm/bin does not stink or take up too much space, low maintenance, just water every now and then and throw a mix of brown and green scraps inside.

Nice, will be interesting to see how they flower under the side lighting. Ive not seen anyone do that yet. Looks great so far.
PM me before u order the soil from the online company I have some ideas for you.
(If ya like)

Happy ganja farming

Edit: if u really wanna go TLO, the best thing you could do, right now, ahead of time, is build or buy a worm farm and red wiggler worms. The worm farm for me is a very very important part of my grow. For castings for top dressing, for castings for amending soil, for innoculant for compost teas. And for compositing my root balls and fan leaves and stalks from old grows.

What u do is buy a bag of decent quality EWC to start and put that below your food tray, this way long before the worms would have provided you a tray of castings, there is one there and you have gave it some life by allowing the live worms to move around through the purchased EWC.

Also worm farm/bin does not stink or take up too much space, low maintenance, just water every now and then and throw a mix of brown and green scraps inside.

Hey COorganics! Yes I have been wanting to start a worm farm! I'm not sure if this is going to happen soon though because I am super space restricted at the moment, however I do really want a way to recycle my leaves and root balls.

I think the most feasible thing for me to get into TLO is to purchase form this website here. truelivingorganic.com

I will be posting more pics and update later today or tomorrow! Also for all that grow and follow the Moon cycles today is the full moon. Its friday the 13th and a full moon will rise today.

Thanks so much for being here with me at my grow journal. I'm always learning and every little bit helps!

:Namaste::tokin:

Here is a photo update. I'm Day 11 flower.
Veg and Flower area. The Ace are both looking good other than I need to adjust my PH when using water only down from 6.75 and want it at 6.5. I do believe Manganese, Zinc and Iron are semi locked out because of this.

Veg and Flower area.
IMG_41311.jpg

Blackjack almost touching the light.
IMG_41295.jpg

The next several pics are the Ace of Spades at day 11 Flower.

IMG_41275.jpg
IMG_41264.jpg
IMG_41254.jpg
IMG_41243.jpg
IMG_41124.jpg
IMG_41115.jpg

Doing some research on LEDs and found that the New Cree led is awesome! here is a link to advanced led light called the diamond series. NEW - Diamond Series XML - 10W CREE XML - Advanced LED Grow Lights

Anyone know of any growers on :420: that are using the diamond series lights? I'm thinking I would like to pick one up. I'm really excited about the future of growing and the potential to be had with the new tech especially with the 10w cree led this could really be the game changer that takes LED above and beyond HPS and MH. The LED companies are doing this mainly by focusing in on the specific spectrum the plants use to photosynthesize then tuning the LED to emit that specific light spectrum.

Let me know what you think and if anyone knows anyone using the Diamond series. Thanks in advance. Stay green my friends.
:lot-o-toke::tokin::green_heart::roorrip::bigtoke:

Well as I sit here and take a look at the plants I think to myself damn I over Nuted the hell out of the plants not to mention the PH is slightly off by .25, its at 6.75 but want it at 6.5 when I water. Hoping the PH will correct any leaf twist that is happening. I'm using happy frog soil and I really could have let them go with out using any nutes at all for like the first 4 weeks or so. This stuff is hot but not crazy hot because you can still plant seedlings in the stuff but be very careful when adding nutes to hot soil mixes. Yes lesson learned here. Cutting back on the GO nutes for a week or maybe two for BJ in Veg and the Ace in Flower.

At the same time as these issues, the plants really seeming to be flourishing so part of my equation is right now continue to dial things in. :thumb:

I was looking thru my old grow journal and found I did the same over nute on that grow also however much less over nutes. Its been a while since my last grow so I should have went thru it sooner however I can tell you I will for sure not have that issue again.

My one and only Blue Dream from my first grow. Blast from the past.
IMG_089410.JPG

I will post updates and Pics later tonight also.

:Namaste::peace::ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom