Please advise - First time DIY hydro setup with day 2 of germination

JRILEY100

Thank you in advance for any and all help. I\'m in the germination process using the paper towel method for lowrider dwarf autoflowering seeds and from the YouTube video I watched it said not to use rock wool or clay pebbles, only plant directly into soil? Correct me if I\'m wrong but doesn\'t a Hydro setup produce faster and much higher yields? I plan on modding a wicker storage unit with 3 levels of shelves and the following products. Deep culture hydro bubble system (rock wool and clay pebbles provided), 1000w full spectrum light with 2 fans and hanging hooks, 100w cfl bulbs as side lights, plenty of mylar, FloraGro, FloraMicro, and FloraBloom nutrients, digital thermostat (temp, humidity, alarm, day, week, month,ext), 2 timers, 2 small fans, 2 lamps for cfl bulbs, and other misc products such as thin rope to construct 6 boxes (1) for each plant, sitcoms to trim, duck tape ect. Any and all advice is very much appreciated as I\'m trying to avoid making mistakes. Thanks again.JR.

Lol you thats for soil grows. They do just fine in hydro, im on day 6 with the start of an auto blueberry, i started mine in a peat pellet which is basically soil, i germed in it a day later it popped out of the soil. Yes they do grow faster in hydro. I planted one in hydro and one in soil. Both are the same age, and my blueberry in the hydro is a much bigger seedling and is growing faster. Im using a 300w led

Sent from Deez Nutz

Niiiiiiiice bud. I'm on day 2 of germination and 100% have cracked open and have a tap root. Pics the next time I have to moisten the paper towel. Thanks bro and good knowledge.

Seeds germinated a lot faster than expected. This is coming up on 48 in the diy system I had tho put together asap. Real hard keeping Temps down so no cfl, just full spectrum for now. I added a tiny bit of nutrients and this is how it looks. I have NOT had time except for a couple hours to try and put something together fast. The 5 out of 6 look the same, one I believe I killed by tearing off have the root. And the extra one I just transferred into a pot. . #1 recommendation by anyone would be appreciated. Test ph?
20160921_185850.jpg

It looks great. Right now for nutrient solution im using 1/4 strength in a 3.5gal dwc bucket from htg supply, i lowered the water level on this weeks res change at 7ml mixed into two gallons of water in res. I would add in the nutes first then check the ph and adjust to around 5.8 to 6.2. 5.8 would do just fine. What kind of led is that? Usually you want the light at 32-36 inches above the plants canopy at the seedling stage.

Sent from Deez Nutz

Huge font, no clue why. Thanks for the advice. That's exactly what will do. I appreciate it. Move light up, it's a 1000w full spectrum with a couple of fans. Get to hot in there with the cfl. I have the temp on there done to mid 70s. And I just got another 7 same seeds out of nowhere today. I have to let them know. I appreciate it. Another couple leaves pop everyday. I'm surprised and shocked it seems to be so far so good. Keep u posted pal. Again much appreciated. Thanks again. JR.

*temp in there down to mid 70s

Dont inform the seed company, keep them. Lol i got the same order one time and i thought i had put down 2 for everything, checked my order log, only one set of everything. So i just kept the second package and never said a thing. They didnt notice to this day either. Seed companies charge way tooo much anyways lol.

Sent from Deez Nutz

My man, I live chatted with them earlier. Whoever said they sent the seeds when I told them I sent the cash then they sent me another pack when they got my money. I just wanted to be able to order from them in the future. And who sends seeds before the cash arrives!?! That's crazy and awesome on there end. I want to say it took 5 days for me to get them in the mail and I 00% of them germinated...great company.
The person who explained what happened told me to use them as extras in case some of the others didn't germinate but they all did and fast. Long story less long.. She said send us 30 bucks whenever. It's a karma thing with me
My only Q I have right now for you or anyone who sees this post is how do I lower the ph levels?? I got the kit and the ph was up around 8%. I did a water change and tested it with no nuits and it was the same high ass ph. I started adding the nuits a little bit at a time. (Floragrow, micro, and bloom) it's at about 6 to 6.2% . My Q is which nuit if not all lower the ph? I really have no idea which one or what to add or not add ect. My 1st grow are the autoflowering lowrider drawf seeds. As always..any and all advice is much appreciated. Here is a pics if day 3 1/2 since transferring into my diy hydro system. Got a close up of one. All grow another set of leaves everyday so far. So there are 2 sets of 3 leaves each day for a total of 6. So far so good!?!
20160924_013732.jpg

Sorry about the bad grammar. Effe you spell check, lol

My seed companies i order from send freebies in case some of theirs dont germinate. Usually you want to make your nutrient solution THEN check the ph and adjust from there. You want to be adding the micro first, then grow and the bloom last. When using grow micro and bloom nutrients on any brand of nutes. You want to be using all three nutrients when you have grow micro and bloom. Otherwise youd be asking for trouble. Your ph is at or around 8.0 after mixing nutes? You should be adding ph down then if thats the case.

Sent from Deez Nutz

Hello all, hope all is well. Coming up on 7 days. Biggest one of the bunch. The others aren't too far behind. I added another 2 rock bubble stones for 4 total. As well I purchased (PH DOWN)...made by API. I got it at Petco and with the nuits I'm right at about 6 ph. One Q...good or bad idea to put a glass of already treated water for humidity? First timer as we all know and don't have a clue. Thanks again guys. Especially AK & Yankee.
20161003_112210.jpg

Deez, you the man. Thank you. That's the question I asked about in the simplest way possible and you my man are the only one who said exactly what I should do. Thanks again bud. These girls started to take off. I have 3 sorry 4 in a gallon and a half tube. Wtf, the roots are outta control. I literally couldn't believe my eyes. I want to transfer the 3 biggest ones that I didn't manage to kill but Idk if the roots are fine all intertwined with each other or not. And I obviously have to do constant water changes. I have 4 bubble stone cubes or whatever the effe they are called in there as well. Serious bubble action lol. This is day 21 since I transfered from germ to diy hydro setup. Thanks again. Pics coming asap. Much appreciated my dude.

Hello all, OK so I just hit the 21 day mark and thanks to everyone the 3 germinated 1st batch of seeds I didn't manage to kill are popping. Nuits, ph, and added 2 cfl lights within the past couple of days. The biggest girl grows 2 new branches a day and I swear you can see her slowly grow if you watch long enough, I'm kidding but she's a beast. Oh and I have a total of 4 bubble stones going in there as well. The tank is only a gallon and a half...root cluster effe to say the least. Should I transfer big mama onto her own pot? I just don't want any issues that will negatively affect the plants. Thanks again and here are a couple of day 21 pics. Hope all is well... JR.
20161012_115358.jpg
20161010_201705.jpg

Back
Top Bottom