Please confirm my thinking on partial plant harvest!

trichomes

My fellow members help requested. This girl was started & kept under 24 hours of light. Then I put it outside in May. It should have finished, and it looked like it would finish, in early July. 3 weeks ago it sprouted new growth from all the top (almost ripe/done) buds/colas. Now all the top colas are covered with new bud growth "shoots". My Dilemma, I have high amber % trichomes on over half the bud on this plant. Obviously this new growth won't finish for another month, BUT, the old growth colas are done, almost too much amber in old growth trichs. I think I will trim/harvest the old growth now because amber is at maximum % I desire. I'm rambling. Any dis-advantage to the plant going forward, after I cut off all the ripe bud? (I'm going to remove all the bud that's done) thank you all! :thanks: here are the trichs today from the "older" bud and a pic of the plant a couple days ago.

000725.jpg

00724tri.jpg
07214152.jpg

no amber on the new growth, it's all still clear, but the bud below/ where the new growth comes out of, is what I think I should chop (70% of the bud you see is amber), I will leave all the new growth until it's done in a month or so. Thanks for your input!
If the ratio of amber over new growth is greater, I would chop!

:Namaste:

thank you, now I found these (baby seeds?) in every calyx?/pod? that I open, these balls/seeds are at the very bottom inside the calyx/pods shown. Are they baby seeds? I can't smoke this. Any chance this is normal growth for a pure female?, I only find these in the newer growth, I think I'm done with this plant!
00seed.jpg
00seeds.jpg
thank you
If the ratio of amber over new growth is greater, I would chop!

:Namaste:

hmm Im no pro but those look like seeds to me. Ive smoked herb with undeveloped seeds in it before...YUCK! they taste just as bad as fully developed seeds. I suppose its normal growth in that the female was pollinated (possibly self pollinated seeing as it was revegging may have stressed a male flower or two out ) and started producing seeds. Hope that helps.

my thoughts exactly! YUCK! that's the last thing I want to taste! I chopped it down today. thanks for your input, good karma headed to your garden now:thumb:

Just read your other thread on the subject. Unfertilised seeds thrown out by a female when overcooked. Interesting. I learn something every day especially @ :420:

Back
Top Bottom