Please contact Congress about medical marijuana!

saracannon

Just thought I'd share the e-mail alert I've pasted below... It's a terrible thing to see people who are terminally ill being thrown in jail by the federal government for using their medicine, especially in states where medical marijuana is legal. Not to mention, what a waste of taxpayers money! The Hinchey amendment would give states the right to decide how they want to handle medical marijuana without input from the federal government, and would stop the DEA from arresting patients in states where it is legal. If you agree, please follow the links to send a letter to your member of Congress!

Click here to go straight to MPP's action center.

Dear friends of MPP:

Would you please take a few minutes to write your member of Congress and ask him or her to vote in favor of the medical marijuana amendment that the U.S. House of Representatives will be voting on in the next couple of weeks?

If you're going to send only one e-mail this year to stop the federal government's war on medical marijuana patients, now is the time – and it couldn't be easier. Just click here to go to MPP's action center. You can send one of our pre-drafted letters, or you can personalize the letter.

It's crucial that you take action now, because Congress will soon be voting on an amendment that would prohibit the DEA from spending taxpayer money to target seriously ill medical marijuana patients and their caregivers in states where medical marijuana is legal.

If you agree that sick and suffering patients should not have to live in fear of armed federal agents breaking down their doors, this is your chance to do something about it. Please send your message to Congress now by clicking here .

Last week, MPP's five-year campaign to pass the medical marijuana amendment got a big boost when we distributed decks of cards – with the title, "The Deal on Medical Marijuana: 52 Reasons Why You Should Support Medical Marijuana Access" – to every House lawmaker. The cards were extremely popular and garnered positive media attention. We're hopeful that the cards – combined with your e-mails and faxes – will help us reach the 218 votes needed to pass our medical marijuana amendment on the House floor in the next couple of weeks.

This is an important chance to speak out before Congress votes on the amendment, so if you've read this far and still haven't clicked through to MPP's action center, please do so now.

Thank you,

Rob Kampia
Executive Director
Marijuana Policy Project
Washington, D.C.

Thanks & welcome saracannon to 420! MPP is a great organization which I support and I am grateful to see this coming before Congress...you are right, it just takes a few minutes to give your representatives an email on where you want them to vote on this issue.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom