Please educate me on what is wrong with copper pipes

Jaguarnaut

Hi all,

In the Forum guidelines it says
420 Magazine does not allow discussion of ..... [snip]..... smoking from homemade devices, aluminum foil, or brass or copper pipes. These topics are either unsafe ......

Please tell me what the problem is, I used a nicely crafted copper pipe for some time years ago, gave up on it as it gets too hot. Is there an issue with particles damaging the lungs? Please tell me I am not looking at cancer soon!

Thanks

Jaguarnaut said:
Hi all,

In the Forum guidelines it says

Please tell me what the problem is, I used a nicely crafted copper pipe for some time years ago, gave up on it as it gets too hot. Is there an issue with particles damaging the lungs? Please tell me I am not looking at cancer soon!

Thanks

I always thought that the fumes from copper were poisonous, but I'm not exactly sure.

Do a quick wikipedia of copper toxicity and you will find your answer I believe. Just a quick read of it shows that for many reasons the body will not react well with excess copper, including many side effects and possible health risks. I believe this is the reason that 420 Mag does not condone the use of these unproven or unknown ways of medicating. There are much healthier and safer ways to go with papers, vaporizers, and glass.

Also, I know in some states that manufacturing paraphernalia is illegal as well..so that may be another reason for not showing DIY smoking devices.

Wouldn't the heat be a reason? A lot of DIY stuff is dangerous, simply cause you do with what you have, and what you can rig up at the time. IMO

Back
Top Bottom