Please help - 1st grow - Blue treacle auto 600w Mars Hydro LED

Wanobi

420 Member
Hi guys. This is my first indoor grow and was wondering af anyone would be able to help me.
I am growing in a 20l pot with bio bizz light mix and using bio bizz nutrients and additives. I have her under a 600w mars hydro led @12inch above her. Air in and ventilation out. Temps are always around the 26c mark. Giving her 20 hours light on and 4 hours off.
Everything seems to be going well and bud growth is amazing. Still see growth every day. Main cola is looking hench and all lower colas are doing really well too. My question is on the packet it says 60-70 days but I'm at 9bweeks and she looks to me to have at least another few weeks. A few of the orange hairs have gone orange but new hairs growing. I'd say about 5 to 10% are orange. Should I start flushing now? And just keep her going until leaves start to fall off? Any help is really appricated.
Wanobi
Capture439.PNG
Capture2103.PNG
Capture1105.PNG

Re: 1st grow. Blue treacle auto 600w mars hydro led.

Also don't know how to upload pics to show you :-(

In the FAQ forum whee this is posted a the top is a sticky post explaining how to post pics.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

When to chop down is personal choice and you wont find what you like right away. Get a good magnifying glass. I prefer 60x or higher. There are cheap ones that are nice allover the place including sponsors who advertise on this site. You can then tell if the flowers are ripe with one of those and there are lots of threads on here explaining that. There is a great sticky on here with links to everything and I believe it is called everything you need to know.

I prefer to wait and go longer...

The deal is the ratio of various chemicals and the point where some of them are peaking.

Usually newbs want to cut down at least 3 weeks early. Take a deep breath as you still have another 2 months of curing to wait for...

:goodluck:

Ha thanks. Have been checking under magnifying glass @60x. I've heard that not always on autos do the hairs go orange or the crystals turn from milky to orange. But will keep checking. Yeah not going to rush her.. want to harvest her at her best haha. Are there any benefits to fridge curing?

There is lots to read about curing and lots actually happening. the most important point is you need the humidity in the jar at a very small window in order for the bacteria to work. there is bacteria that will eat up the sugars and chlorophyll in the leaves and other green parts. Smoking sugar is very harsh and is just black soot. So you let the bacteria eat that up then you have smooth smoke.

There is more to it but that is the most important part and there are entire areas dedicated to the are of smooth smoke.

The process is slowed I believe by keeping it cool but a slower process is better typically. I like to cure for not less than 4 months.

You will ruin 2-3 runs in you growing career from mold by curing wrong but you will get it eventually.

Thank you so much for your help. It's all a learning curve. Have Lready learnt so much but I know I haven't even broken the back bone of it yet. Might have to go through a couple of grows to get to where I wanna be. Trial and error haha. Again thank you

For the best harvest you do it after a long night period. Most people do more like 48 hours of darkness. For a few reasons.

Most importantly however is the potency cycles throughout the day. Like a heart beat the potency goes up and down each day. Light damages the product. That is why curing is done in the dark. It is most potent right before the lights come on.

So throughout the day the photosynthesis is great but the lights are burning down the resin... and at night it is covering itself in the resin that protects its flowers. So many, myself included, do a long night cycle and harvest it in dark lighting and dry and cure all in very low light.

Lots to be read on here about that. But go in and examine your plants when the lights come on vs. right before they go off.

Anyway good luck. Sounds like you are growing an auto. I avoid those for inside myself.

Good Luck!

So much useful info man. Really appreciate it. Yeah im growing autos. Wanted to try them first as they are quick cycles and I'm growing for personal use only. If I turn out to be alright at autos then I'm going to move onto bigger and better. As I say it's all a trial at them moment. My very first one wasn't great (was bubba yum) And did so many thing wrong to her. This blue treacle one is going much much better.
Another quick question. What's rusty spots on leaves and red stems mean. Have read it could be a few things. Just wanted your opinion. Could it be mag/cal deficiency? Will that affect anything so late on if it is?

Calcium Deficiency and Magnesium Deficiency look very different. In some cases the solution is increasing the micro nutrient that is lacking. Calcium and Magnesium come in the same bottle so people prescribe Cal/Mag for one or the other (usually Calcium) and people who don't know what they are talking about look at calcium deficiency and call it a cal mag deficiency..which is just hooey.

Use google image search to prove you have calcium def. If not search again for rust colored spots as a Def. because there are a few others ...but usually it is calcium.

Now all that said you are not asking the right questions so even though I answered them you got the wrong info for you problem.

You need to be asking what typically causes deficiencies like that to show up. It may be that there is not enough but that is rarely the case. Just adding more may help. But the real problem almost always is pH. The medium is outta whack and needs to be brought down usually.

Do you know your mediums pH level and how to drop it? Go get a bottle of Cal mag as almost no program has enough but likely that wont fix the real problem. Measure the pH level and get it correct for the medium you are in.

Calcium Def. is not be repairable. You will know you have fixed it when new growth looks good but the bad growth is what it is.

Good luck..I never understand why newbs try autos first when they are so much harder to grow...and no faster. Autos bloom when they want to. regulars bloom when you want them to or basically as early as you want.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom