Please help - Are these Hermies?

Zafu

I ordered all feminized seeds last year and all eleven ladies were female. This season, out of 10 plants I've already pulled one that was clearly male and now have 4 remaining that are suspect Hermies. The buds are not full colas (1- month of flowering today) like the Jamaican Dream and Cotton Candy ladies in my garden. These four are rather scraggly looking and have some signs that "may" indicate they are hermies, but not sure. I've looked at many pictures on the net and these are suspect but it's just not clear to me they are hermies.

Please let me know your thoughts...

Some unknown variety that was supposed to be 8-Ball Kush but clearly is not:

Unknown_Herm_Suspect.jpg

Pinaapple Kush

Pineapple_Kush_Herm_Suspect.jpg

Thank you.

Zafu

Re: Please help. Are these Hermies?

Looks to me like a healthy female. Nice work! Where did you buy your seeds? Could just be bad luck, phase of the moon, environmental stress, bunk seeds...what leads you to believe they are hermaphrodites? I have two indica dominant strains that stretch like a sativa while flowering which elongates the colas, making them look male from a distance but are clearly 100% female when inspected closely.

I ordered all feminized seeds last year and all eleven ladies were female. This season, out of 10 plants I've already pulled one that was clearly male and now have 4 remaining that are suspect Hermies. The buds are not full colas (1- month of flowering today) like the Jamaican Dream and Cotton Candy ladies in my garden. These four are rather scraggly looking and have some signs that "may" indicate they are hermies, but not sure. I've looked at many pictures on the net and these are suspect but it's just not clear to me they are hermies.

Please let me know your thoughts...

Some unknown variety that was supposed to be 8-Ball Kush but clearly is not:

Unknown_Herm_Suspect.jpg

Pinaapple Kush

Pineapple_Kush_Herm_Suspect.jpg

Thank you.

Zafu

That one looks like a female to me.

FWIW, I've always had males when I've bought "feminized" seeds. Not all were males, but the usual ratio of male to female. In other words, they weren't "femmed" at all.

Looks to me like a healthy female. Nice work! Where did you buy your seeds? Could just be bad luck, phase of the moon, environmental stress, bunk seeds...what leads you to believe they are hermaphrodites? I have two indica dominant strains that stretch like a sativa while flowering which elongates the colas, making them look male from a distance but are clearly 100% female when inspected closely.

Hi Bear,

In the center of each picture you can see the usual 2 female hairs. Next to them are what could be pods/balls, but also could simply be a normal part of a female. It's tough for me to tell since my other strains don't look like this. In my other strains it's just those two female hairs without the two suspect pods/balls.

I pulled a male earlier, so know what pods look like, and this isn't that same look; but I'm just not sure and because these plants are growing more skinny smaller slower buds it's making me more suspicious.

These two strains are Barney's via Attitude, as-is the Amnesia Lemon that I don't show here but also seems similar. The other strains are Jamaican Dream (EVA) and Cotton Candy (Emerald Triangle) also via Attitude Seeds and these last two strains are looking awesome. What's weird is last season I ordered Vanilla Kush, Laughing Buddha and Acapulco Gold, all from Barney's via Attitude Seeds and every one of those grew female and gorgeous. My luck with Barney's this year is a whole other story.

Thank you. -Zafu

That one looks like a female to me.

FWIW, I've always had males when I've bought "feminized" seeds. Not all were males, but the usual ratio of male to female. In other words, they weren't "femmed" at all.

Thank you so much Dr. Bud,

One follow-up question. Can you at least see why I was suspicious? In the middle of those pics you can see two hairs that are obviously signs of female, but right next to them are those other two growths that is what made me suspect. Typically I only see the hairs but those two growths are more pod-like but from what you're saying must simply be part of the flowering.

-Zafu

Back
Top Bottom