Please help! Are these lights usable in my grow room?

jlapan32

I found these lights at my father's house and was wondering if they are usable in my veg room. The model is M59 and they are 400 watt MH. I would also like to know if these are way less efficient then horizontal lights. If it isn't too big of a difference I could really use the money saved elsewhere in the room. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_20131012_160936857_HDR.jpg

I would say those lights are perfectly for vertical lights, way too heavy and cumbersome to mount sideways though

I would say those lights are perfectly for vertical lights, way too heavy and cumbersome to mount sideways though

Thanks, for the input.

They appear to be older ballast so they may be a bit loud. They will be slightly less efficient than the newer models but they will work fine.

With the hood/reflector that is on these, do you have any idea what the coverage area would be? Im assuming not much more 2x2.

I use a 400w CMH in a 2.5'x 5'x7' tent and for veg it is a perfect footprint. (mine is horizontally mounted in a air cooled reflector hood).

For flower I would say they are good for a 2.5' x 3' for optimal lighting but this also depends on the type of reflector used. Since yours are mounted in the round reflectors I would probably say a good 3' circle would be for optimum lighting and flowering.

Back
Top Bottom