Please help asap plants dying? Strange leaves

Phillipallman

Hi guys I have a very big problem my plants have been vegging for 3 months now a bit long I know lol I'm stupidly running them in a 50/50 mix soil of plain soil and miracle grow soil any way the other day I got this new miracle powder nutrient to mix with the water as the plants seemed to be getting a nitrogen deficiency the day after I feed them they started wilting then some top leaves have gone all dry and twisted and covered in these black/ purple marks I thought it might be nute lock so I flushed the 5 gallon pots with 5 litres of water to flood them and checked them today and seems to be getting worse I have no idea what this is or how to fix it
received_10154023861560625.jpeg
received_10154023861325625.jpeg
received_10154023860960625.jpeg
received_10154023860670625.jpeg
received_10154023861560625.jpeg
received_10154023861325625.jpeg
received_10154023860960625.jpeg
received_10154023860670625.jpeg

Yes I gave the 5 gallon pots 5 litres of water that's the most I could give them as then it flooded the bedroom floor ph level is around 7 but because of my stupid soil mixture I cant correct it the top leaves are going like the pictures with red/ purple stems

Can't put any pictures up at the moment they have been vegging for 3 months now so about 5foot tall lol I've just put them all in the bath and run the shower head over them for 5-6 minutes each till they are soaked and there's loads of crap running out the bottom

Can't put any pictures up at the moment they have been vegging for 3 months now so about 5foot tall lol I've just put them all in the bath and run the shower head over them for 5-6 minutes each till they are soaked and there's loads of crap running out the bottom

If your tap water isnt the right pH your going to further hinder your plants. You may also wanna think about maybe up potting to bigger pots after 3 months of veg time. Could have a few root issues that you're not aware of even. I may be wrong, but 3 months sounds like an awful long time. Might be root bound too.

For a proper flush you need to run pH'd(6.5) water through them at 2-3 times the volume of your pots. Like the nutty proffesor said. So with 5 gallon pots at least 10 gallons of water or 15 gallons of water

Thats going to cause even more issues if your water coming from the shower head isnt with in the right pH.

It looks sort of like a 'P' deficiency to me (dark blue/green leaves with dark splotches).
I use triple the amount of water to soil for a flush. If you have a 5 gal pot = 15 gal water. The 5 liters you use is a typical watering amount.
Since you said the leaves wilt after you give them water, it sounds like it has been over-watered rather than needing water. Pots should be extremely light when you water/feed them.
3 months of veg in a 5 gal pot can be done, but it is more difficult. The plant(s) should be heavily root bound and need lots of attention.
MG soil already has nutrients in it. Adding more food might possibly bring some nute's into the toxic range.
Check PH if possible. Potting soils are usually buffered so it isn't an issue, but after 3 months in those pots, anything is possible.
Dunno if any of this helps...

Thanks for your help mate well I left them under the shower head for 5 minutes so they got really soaked so now I've put them back in the room with all the lights on so will leave them a few days see if they pick up they were a lot heavier after sticking them in the shower

Hey what's up . Nice to meet everyone . . If it where me I would have flushed with at least 15gallons of water. I would not have just turned the shower head on them . You have to know exactly how much water your flushing them with so you know u are doing a correct flush . And I would also put them in 15 g grow bags veg for a couple more weeks and flip to 12 12. Just my 2 cents ..

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

Back
Top Bottom