Please Help Before I Kill Another Plant!

GoodHops

Ok, so this year is my second attempt at growing after a very successful single-plant grow last year. I currently have 6 plants, all very healthy..

However, I decided to start one more - Cannatonic (from a clone at a dispensary). Now, I'm not sure what the heck I did but she's pretty much toast. I have had her 1 week and pretty much day by day she just wilted and wilted and wilted.. I think I screwed up in several ways - namely I think I watered way too much.. Also, I used some nutes (diluted them with water - 4 parts water to one part nute mixture). The nutes I'm using (on my adult/flowering plants) are the Cutting Edge Solutions 3 part..

Anyway, just looking for any feedback... Oh, I'm using CFL's - a few inches from the plant. This same setup worked perfectly on 7 other plants but not this one.. I heard that Cannatonic needs very little water, so that's why I'm thinking this is from over-watering..

I guess I'll let her carry on for a bit. I'll be going the dispensary this weekend to get another..

As it stands, I have stopped all watering and pulled the grow cube from the soil.. The temperature has been between 74 and 86, typically around 80. I have kept the lights on 24 hours..

j2CImpu.jpg

Here are my 6 healthy plants. They all started flowering a week ago (rather early)..
W9Uge4s.jpg

I'd guess it was nute burn.

Their website states for the 3 part nutrients, you mix 5ml Micro, 5ml Bloom, and 10ml Grow for Cuttings and Veg.

If you mixed a gallon batch, you basically mixed 946.25ml (one part) into a 3785ml (four parts), you should only be using a total of 20ml mixed into 3785ml.

Ahh.. My apologies - I should have explained this better.. I mixed the veg. blend as you stated above, then I diluted that 4 to 1 with water... So it was very weak but still - from what I have read (since the murder), you really don't want any nutes at this stage..

Ok I understand now. I'm so used to seeing people saying 1/4 strength, 1/2 strength etc.. that I totally misunderstood you.

How often did you feed it the nute mix?
And what is the growing medium it's in?

The temperatures are fine. 86 is a little higher than most guys like, but I've seen some other successful growers use 90 degrees as their cutoff point. Growing is full of opinions, so every grower will find something that works for them, even though some will disagree. It's all about finding what works for you.

Overwatering will usually start out with wilting, green turning to yellow, and slowly dying. But a Nitrogen deficiency is VERY similar, except the leaves don't tend to wilt as much at first, they go green to yellow, then start wilting, and then slowly dry up.

With nutrient burn, you need a good eye to detect it when it first starts. You'll see the very tips of the leaves start to look dry, then you start seeing the tips of the serrations start to look burned, and it just advances from there.

These topics will help you out in the future:
Plant and Pest Problem Solver
Plant Abuse Chart

And this thread contains both of those topics, and a ton more related growing topics:
Everything you need to know

Ok I understand now. I'm so used to seeing people saying 1/4 strength, 1/2 strength etc.. that I totally misunderstood you.

How often did you feed it the nute mix?
And what is the growing medium it's in?

The temperatures are fine. 86 is a little higher than most guys like, but I've seen some other successful growers use 90 degrees as their cutoff point. Growing is full of opinions, so every grower will find something that works for them, even though some will disagree. It's all about finding what works for you.

Overwatering will usually start out with wilting, green turning to yellow, and slowly dying. But a Nitrogen deficiency is VERY similar, except the leaves don't tend to wilt as much at first, they go green to yellow, then start wilting, and then slowly dry up.

With nutrient burn, you need a good eye to detect it when it first starts. You'll see the very tips of the leaves start to look dry, then you start seeing the tips of the serrations start to look burned, and it just advances from there.

These topics will help you out in the future:
Plant and Pest Problem Solver
Plant Abuse Chart

And this thread contains both of those topics, and a ton more related growing topics:
Everything you need to know

Yeah, it sounds like nute burn and over-watering.. The girl was basically flooded for 3 days or so in the nutes.. First there was wilting, then the tips curled a bit, then the edges started going brown (on the lower leaves first). The top leaves (the newly developing ones at the very tip) looked fine but eventually they started to wilt as well..

I'm not 100% sure what all is in the growing medium but it's one of those coco coir mixes (no actual soil in it, I think).. I can't say for sure because this year I went with a product that a local guy blends for my local hydroponic store..

Next time, I'll go with water only.. Curious - what pH should a clone be when it's just starting out (6-8 inches in height, 6-7 nodes)? Thanks for the help, by the way!

I'm learning a lot myself brother.. one thing I recently learned was coco coir contains no nutes, so you do have to use them, but it sounds like the mix might have been a little too strong.

I personally grow in soil right now, since it's what I have experience with in all of my other gardening, flowers, bushes, vegetables etc..

PH for soil is best between 6.0-6.8. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the term "Soil" will include anything that isn't hydroponically grown.

As for hydroponics, PH should be 5.5-6.1
Here's a handy chart to show you how PH affects nutrients and when they're available to the plant.
pH_chart712.jpg

Back
Top Bottom