bammerhammer

Have had my big plant in new pot for a week and the top of the dirt at the edge of my pot got dug into and there were some damage to the roots!!! They look pretty new but can anyone tell me what might happen or absolutely anything they know about roots getting damaged! !!!!!

:thanks::tommy::goodluck:It's still in veg probably for another week or so and that's about what I figured basically I am in no rush so I'm letting the plant just do what it does I'll see how it reacts and and flower when I think it looks like the plant is showing improved growth I planned on flowering soon but she's already a good size do you think sex could be affected it's a bag seed so I'm truly not sure the sex by the way it's grown it looks female hopefully haha but thank you for the input and good luck with everything let me know any theories on sex and maybe like stress relievers I'm a musician so maybe I show write her a song lol whoooo!!!! It's bedtime

:high-five::yahoo::woohoo:I have pics of it if interested in another thread tag epic in title should take you there or I'm sure you can click my name or whatnot sawz yawlz in the am :peacetwo:

After the potting up they could be some transplanting shock & at best shorts it self out in a few days time, just make sure you water in well after potting up tho.

Ye i wouldn't worry about a little root damage either they will grow back as it is hardly going to effect much at all :thumb:

Awesome thanks everyone it seems to be going pretty good have a little unknown damage to the fans not sure what it is but I'll get pics ASAP again :thanks::high-five:

MJ plants can take a lot of abuse. And root cropping is routinely done if the plant is going to live longer than one season. So don't worry. New roots will replace the damaged ones.

Oh, and don't let the cat into your grow room. Soil says "litter box" to most cats.

MJ plants can take a lot of abuse. And root cropping is routinely done if the plant is going to live longer than one season. So don't worry. New roots will replace the damaged ones.

Oh, and don't let the cat into your grow room. Soil says "litter box" to most cats.

Right on thank a grammar definitely great to know so if I planned on not flowering this and just taking clones I leave it in veg state state and just remove a branch when like I have a couple branches a little over 10 inches should I use those as clones and keep her growing or what is in peoples eyes would you guys do she is almost 30 inches, almost 3 months old topped at tenth node have two new tops that are about an inch and a half long most branches are between 4 and 7 inches with a couple fimmed branches that have knuckled and a few that need a little more time to recover to knuckle. I have 5 other bag seeds going a they are between 5 to 7 inches high just basically wondering um How long do clones range in becoming a mature plant and if I was to want mamma yo go two seasons is a 7 maybe 9 gallon bucket big enough to maintain healthy roots???? I've watched many cloning techniques what has worked best for evertone any ideas the one clone I did take from mamma was a branch that wasn't too mature but I was trimming mamma to the 3rd node to make a good grow gap for other more established branches at node 4, 5, and six been bout wk and a half and stem has stiffened and very little growth has formed but yea would it be best or smarter in everyones eyes to keep mamma and clone or her or flower her now and hope for my other bag seeds to be as beautiful as mamma!?!? Lol any suggestions and ideas or comments very welcome and thanks again akgramma:Namaste::thanks::thanks:

bammerhammer: It sounds like you are, like myself, willing to experiment and see what works for you and your ladies. Don't fret over "the rules" as MJ will adapt to a lot of different growing conditions, from a hands-off approach, to a micromanaged grow. In the end, barring any unneeded nitrogen donated by your kitty cat, you should figure out what is most efficient for you, and what your ladies respond to.

See and like that's what I've become to realize like I'm completely new to this and I don't know everything in the least bit I got the growing basics but like you say going by how your plants seems to react has been the best way to go about growing..... become attached to the plant get on a personal level with her and understand what she wants and how she wants it lmao sounds like the way I got a fiance LMAO anyhoozer like my uncle is a very arrogant know it all and like I showed him my one plant mamma at the time the only one I had and he did nothing but tell me I'm going to kill her and said well he's doing hydro( cause he's on full time disability and get a shit ton of money) his plant are gonna be better blah blah like one u r my uncle through marriage so your lucky I don't just take your shit and two it's not a competition... like I hope he fries his plant and ruins his crop at least twice lol I know that's bad to say but when someone comes up to you for help and all you do is talk mad shit about every aspect not taking into consideration mutations and freaks of nature sometimes turn out to be better than what was supposed to be produced Idk stupid people piss me off and I think mamma and the family look happy and healthy! !!! Thanks again ak and sorry for the rant but just cause you read it in a book doesn't make iy THE ONLY WAY POSSIBLE " RULES WERE MADE TO BE BROKEN HAHAHA good luck akgramma and happy postings :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom