Please Help Diagnose My Problems

Patient420

Here is my situation.

Grow Medium: Hydroton
System: Waterfarm Buckets
Nutrients: Humboldt Natural Grow and Bloom
Water: Tap (190 ppm)
Lights: 1000 watt dual arc, 1000 watt daylight (Large A Wings with super spreaders)
Temp/Humidity: 65/76, 20-35%
Strains: 3 Affgoo and 3 Skunk #1

So here are my questions:

I am having Calcium, Mag, Zinc and Iron deficiencies. Been using GH CAMG for two days. Also have added to the res and foliar sprayed with humic acid. When should I begin to see a turnaround and how far along is to far along? What would happen if they stayed deficient in these areas for too long?

Question #2

I went with the humboldt natural based on a friends results but have come to find out that it is generally used to soil. Up until the aforementioned deficiencies things looked great. The question being. Would it be acceptable to do a complete flush and switch to general hydroponics. I am 2 weeks into veg.

Question #3

Do you use humboldt grow in conjunction with the bloom during veg or the grow during veg and bloom during flowering.

Question #4

Is my humidity an issue. 20% during day and 35% during night.

Question #4

I have ridiculous ph fluctuations 5.5 to 6.5 overnight. I took all buckets off the reservoir so I can tend each one individually, i.e. each bucket is its own reservoir. Are these ph fluctuations going to cause me problems? Currently I put all the water back into one central reservoir, bring the ph back down and hand water them. Kind of a pain in the ass but I don't mind tending them individually.

Question #5

Should the drip ring run all day or intermittently. The more it runs the greater the ph fluctuation.

Question #6

My central questions are. Should I scrap the humboldt natural midway through or stick it out. Are my plants going to have ph lockout with the constant adjusting of the ph? Could switching nutrients shock my plants and screw up the chemistry? Am I going to start seeing a lot of other deficiencies in the future due to the above mentioned issues? Currently my plants are about a foot tall. Two started from seed and four rooted clones. Do they sound like they are on the right path?

Question #7

When adding the CAMG can you go overboard. In other words does the 1/4 strength theory apply to CAMG and humic acid?

Question #8

Is there a point when too much ph down is going to screw things up?

Question #9

Why do my plants droop an hour or two before lights out? Perky as can be throughout the rest of the day. What would happen if I was doing 24 hours instead of 18. Would they droop for a few hours and perk back up like they do on the 18 hour schedule?

So these things considered, do you think my plants are going to produce good results? Am I on the right track to repairing my problems? Any other suggestions? Would pulling them out of the hydroton and switching to soil put a long ways behind? How far along are the deficiencies actually once they begin to show up?

Anyway, my apologies for the long-winded and redundant post. I have been searching for answers all over the place and everyone seems to have different opinions on my situation. Thanks for the help.
100_27321.JPG

100_27231.JPG

100_27331.JPG

100_2731.JPG

100_2725.JPG

100_27211.JPG

100_27191.JPG

welcome yo! the only one i can really answer for you is humidity. in my opinion its way too low. in veg, i run mine at 60%, flower 55%. also, when do you check your rez? immediatly after putting in nutes or waiting around for a few hours? i usually wait around 5-8 hours to check it to make sure everything has mixed in the water properly. what ppm's are you running right now (after adding nutes)? and last, i run my lights at 24. yes they will droop a little with no light. once again this is all one persons opinion. hope it helps

Here is my situation.

Lights: 1000 watt dual arc, 1000 watt daylight (Large A Wings with super spreaders)

I am having Calcium, Mag, Zinc and Iron deficiencies. Been using GH CAMG for two days. Also have added to the res and foliar sprayed with humic acid. When should I begin to see a turnaround and how far along is to far along? What would happen if they stayed deficient in these areas for too long?
Your asking a lot of simple questions for someone who can tell they have all those deficiencies...do you have any pics so we can help you further...what would happen to you if you became deficient of stuff?
Question #2

I went with the humboldt natural based on a friends results but have come to find out that it is generally used to soil. Up until the aforementioned deficiencies things looked great. The question being. Would it be acceptable to do a complete flush and switch to general hydroponics. I am 2 weeks into veg. No problem but did you flush when you found the deficiency or just add to the problem? Whenever you have a problem with the plants its best to flush and start over with a solution.

Question #3

Do you use humboldt grow in conjunction with the bloom during veg or the grow during veg and bloom during flowering.See link below and others in my sig for help.... BTW this reminds of the time as a kid at a football meeting when the school tough guy stands up asks "Hey coach who has the ball the offence or the defense?"

Question #4

Is my humidity an issue. 20% during day and 35% during night. Humidity is good around 50% right through but lower is always better then higher if you have no mite problems. Yours is not an issue worth worrying about

Question #4

I have ridiculous ph fluctuations 5.5 to 6.5 overnight. I took all buckets off the reservoir so I can tend each one individually, i.e. each bucket is its own reservoir. Are these ph fluctuations going to cause me problems? Currently I put all the water back into one central reservoir, bring the ph back down and hand water them. Kind of a pain in the ass but I don't mind tending them individually.The bigger the rez the more stable the ph. Your in hydrotron so you should be able to hook up a recirculating method of watering. from on big rez. If you can its good to have a separate rez that you can have the water sit for a day or two releasing its chems and then a day or so to mix nutes and stabilize ph. keeping ph around 5.5 during veg and 5.8 for flower works good. hydrogen peroxide is a must in your set up and temps of the water change the ph like that, that's wht it's important to have things circulate rather then the roots sitting in bad solution.

Question #5

Should the drip ring run all day or intermittently. The more it runs the greater the ph fluctuation. doesn't have much to do with your problem run it as long as you find the plant wants it.

Question #6

My central questions are. Should I scrap the humboldt natural midway through or stick it out. Up to you but you can no problem. Most nutes work better with the mediums they were made for and they usually have their own recommendations as far as ph and ec levels to be usingAre my plants going to have ph lockout with the constant adjusting of the ph? See above about flushingCould switching nutrients shock my plants and screw up the chemistry? see aboveAm I going to start seeing a lot of other deficiencies in the future due to the above mentioned issues? see flushingCurrently my plants are about a foot tall. Two started from seed and four rooted clones. Do they sound like they are on the right path?Just follow the yellow brick road and make a right...keep learning brother they'll make it.

Question #7

When adding the CAMG can you go overboard. In other words does the 1/4 strength theory apply to CAMG and humic acid? You can over due anything brother..you have already determined that the problem is caused by unstable ph...fix that and cal/mag problem should go away.

Question #8

Is there a point when too much ph down is going to screw things up?See flushing...change your rez..no problem!

Question #9

Why do my plants droop an hour or two before lights out? Perky as can be throughout the rest of the day. What would happen if I was doing 24 hours instead of 18. Would they droop for a few hours and perk back up like they do on the 18 hour schedule? Their sad your going to shut the lights down and they do that so you get their attention. Under 24 hrs the plants grow faster take more water and your hydro meter spins longer and before you ask...YES YOU CAN...lol

So these things considered, do you think my plants are going to produce good results? Am I on the right track to repairing my problems? Any other suggestions? Would pulling them out of the hydroton and switching to soil put a long ways behind? How far along are the deficiencies actually once they begin to show up? answered above

Anyway, my apologies for the long-winded and redundant post. I have been searching for answers all over the place and everyone seems to have different opinions on my situation. Thanks for the help. no problemo

patient420-protype1.77188
Correct the problem and your new growth should be fine........:welcome:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Here is my situation.

I would think three days after changing your feed you should see new growth with improved results. The older leaves may never recover. If they (the plants) stay deficient throughout your grow, your yield will suffer and the plants will look awful.

Question #2

I went with the humboldt natural based on a friends results but have come to find out that it is generally used to soil. Up until the aforementioned deficiencies things looked great. The question being. Would it be acceptable to do a complete flush and switch to general hydroponics. I am 2 weeks into veg.

You could swtich. I'm using GH flora series, very impressed with the results. If the HN isn't formulated for hydro, this could be some of the issue.

Question #3

Do you use humboldt grow in conjunction with the bloom during veg or the grow during veg and bloom during flowering.

Most Nute companies have a calculator, or formula for lookup. But yes, it is common for a grow component to be used during bloom, it's usually a smaller ratio based on the caluclator. Check out the one for GH I follow.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Question #4

Is my humidity an issue. 20% during day and 35% during night.

Pretty low. Those numbers would be ideal for bloom cycle!

Question #4

I have ridiculous ph fluctuations 5.5 to 6.5 overnight. I took all buckets off the reservoir so I can tend each one individually, i.e. each bucket is its own reservoir. Are these ph fluctuations going to cause me problems? Currently I put all the water back into one central reservoir, bring the ph back down and hand water them. Kind of a pain in the ass but I don't mind tending them individually.

Your PH should fluctuate, but those swings seem pretty radical for overnight. Do you use an air-stone or other aerating device?

For comparison, have you ever mixed a small batch of nutes, don't use it in the reservoir, and compare your PH number? Find out in your process where the shift is actually occurring.

Question #5

Should the drip ring run all day or intermittently. The more it runs the greater the ph fluctuation.

If it's a drip system, it should run 24/7, at least until the roots are submerged in the water. Then you can turn over to some type of cycle watering.

Question #6

My central questions are. Should I scrap the humboldt natural midway through or stick it out. Are my plants going to have ph lockout with the constant adjusting of the ph? Could switching nutrients shock my plants and screw up the chemistry? Am I going to start seeing a lot of other deficiencies in the future due to the above mentioned issues? Currently my plants are about a foot tall. Two started from seed and four rooted clones. Do they sound like they are on the right path?

Lots of questions that could have many opinions. Only you can really determine whether to make "radical" changes. I myself wouldn't want to feel terrible for telling you something with a possible negative outcome. Personally, I would probably switch nutes, especially if I had some ambivalence about the nute feeding schedule. If you can't get proper answers to your schedule, then I would switch.

Question #7

When adding the CAMG can you go overboard. In other words does the 1/4 strength theory apply to CAMG and humic acid?

Rule of thumb, start with 1/2 strength or thereabout, and gradually work up to full strength, monitoring plants along the way.

Question #8

Is there a point when too much ph down is going to screw things up?

It could. If the HN aren't hydro formulated, you may have some adverse effects. Hard to tell. Normally if you Ph Down too much, you're plants just won't be taking in the nutrients.

Question #9

Why do my plants droop an hour or two before lights out? Perky as can be throughout the rest of the day. What would happen if I was doing 24 hours instead of 18. Would they droop for a few hours and perk back up like they do on the 18 hour schedule?

Even with 24 some leaves may droop. Some of this may be related to your other issues above.

So these things considered, do you think my plants are going to produce good results? Am I on the right track to repairing my problems? Any other suggestions? Would pulling them out of the hydroton and switching to soil put a long ways behind? How far along are the deficiencies actually once they begin to show up?

I wouldn't be so quick to switch to soil. Just get your hydro dialed-in. Hydro is nice because you'll see the results of your modifications pretty quickly, most of the time overnight.

Anyway, my apologies for the long-winded and redundant post. I have been searching for answers all over the place and everyone seems to have different opinions on my situation. Thanks for the help.

At a site like this, you'll get a ton of opinions. Just keep doing your research and learning as much as you can from the successes you'll find here.

:goodluck:
SF

Thank you Happy Kitty for editing my post...I couldn't figure out the picture thing. Thanks for the responses. Let me know if you think I am correct on the diagnosis in the first place. Everyones input is much appreciated.

I'm happy to help :thumb:

Good luck with your grow. :goodluck:

looks like a nitrogen lock out to me.. leaves lightening in color yet showing slight nute burn on the tips. my advise, reset everything. pour some hydrogen peroxide in the bucket let it run for a good 10 maybe 15 min then drain it all out refill with ph'ed water 5.8-6 and add in veg nutes higher in nitrogen.

the peroxide will kill off what ever is in your rez raiseing the ph, so dont skimp on adding that. ive added a half bottle to a 3 gal bucket to resolve a problem ive had. works every time, but ive learned now and dont see problems anymore.

Back
Top Bottom