Please help - flowering female lost its aroma

miss thing

Please help me understand what this means, I can't post a picture but it is a single indoor female plant, about 12 inches tall, very green with white pistils slowly budding out the nodes. It had a strong (delicious) aroma for a while but has since vanished.. has the THC decreased? What does this mean? Am I panicking? Also, should the remaining fan leaves be removed now to increase bud development? It's on 12/12 and has been flowering for two weeks. Thanks for any and all opinions and help.:thanks:

Re: Please help > flowering female lost its aroma..

I noticed with my females early on in flowering that their odor would come and go as well. What I figured out was that when they were dry and in need of water, their odor was diminished and when I watered them their odor returned in full force. Now that I'm watering my ladies every other day, their odor is intensifying every day.

Wow that is interesting because I have been holding back the water some lately. Maybe she just needs a good healthy drink, I might have been just being over-cautious. Thanks for your reply.

Definitely keep up the watering, I would not remove leaves if you are just beginning flower as this will cause stress on the girl and slow her down which can also bring an array of troublesome disguises she can bring making you think she has deficiencies.

2 weeks into flower you are going to start seeing a lot of changes in your plant, smells also. Different phases will bring different characteristics. Do you know what strain you are growing and the time limit you are shooting for? Being sativa or indica is going to make quite the difference.

Definitely keep up the watering, and leave the leaves on the girl :peace:

:Namaste:

Thanks CA215, I had been getting conflicting advice about the fan leaves. Some say to pinch them off to make fuller buds, others say leave them alone. Think I'm gonna go with your advice and leave them alone for now. So excited it's a GIRL!!:cheesygrinsmiley:

You will lose enough fan leaves later on during flowering as a result of the maturing of your girl than unless you have an overabundance of fan leaves which are preventing your bud sites from getting enough light, it really does not make any sense to remove them.

You will lose enough fan leaves later on during flowering as a result of the maturing of your girl than unless you have an overabundance of fan leaves which are preventing your bud sites from getting enough light, it really does not make any sense to remove them.

I'm with CH here - unless it's absolutely necessary, those leaves are the plant's "humps" if you will. They feed the buds too.

Your post makes me giggle and wonder .......... are there any growers that DON'T sniff up their girls daily ?

Hahaha yeah I check on them every day and always enjoy their smell, which to me is a bit intoxicating (in a very good way) I grow AK-48 and they have a very distinct aroma (very sweet and citric) which I'm very fond of and this has become my favorite strain so far.

I agree with the guys in that the smell comes and goes, but there are other factors affecting your perception.
First, you get used to the smell even if you're not in there all the time. It's the same principle when you don't feel any odd smell in your bedroom but when someone arrives they pick up on it instantly and ask to open a window.
This happens to me on my car all the time, which stinks of weed most of the time because I always smoke in there but I don't really sense it, just a little maybe, but whenever someone else gets in the car they feel the very strong and indistinguishable aroma or MJ. It goes away after a few days if I don't smoke in there but that doesn't happen very often.

The other factor affecting you perception of smell is the RH. Have you ever noticed that when it rains your sense of smell becomes heightened? or when you fart in the shower it smells a lot stronger? this is because in a high humidity environment your smell thingies in your nose work a lot better and every odor in the environment become much more noticeable. So if your plant smell better when you water them, that's why.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and happy growing!

Hahahaha yeah I don't have the actual medical data supporting that info but I'll look for it. I'm positive that's how ot works so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Hahaha. So that's why they stink worse in the shower :) that is soo funny!!!!! Great thread here!!!

Please help me understand what this means, I can't post a picture but it is a single indoor female plant, about 12 inches tall, very green with white pistils slowly budding out the nodes. It had a strong (delicious) aroma for a while but has since vanished.. has the THC decreased? What does this mean? Am I panicking? Also, should the remaining fan leaves be removed now to increase bud development? It's on 12/12 and has been flowering for two weeks. Thanks for any and all opinions and help.:thanks:
I'm having the same problem.
I've got an impressive amount of huge buds but had to go through a VERY HOT summer... three heatwaves after the other, this last one reaching 102F (39C). Just when I started flowering too!
These giants should be stinking up the whole block but daaamn! Hardly a whiff and I believe that smell and potency go together so I'm not expecting much take-offs with this harvest.
Next time I will be starting in autumn.

This is what I'm talking about :(

20210803_174218.jpg

Back
Top Bottom