Please Help Got ants

GoodNBaked

Ok so i have 14 plants total, 5 in the ground n the rest in pots. but theres a few in the ground that have piss ants all around the base of it on the ground an there running up an down the stock of it. there seems to be no damage but im wondering if they will do anything? like get in the ground an kill the roots or something please help!

Thanks GNB

Get some Amdro or the like for the ants.

Then check for aphids. Ants herd aphids like cows to sip that nectar that the aphids excrete. Guess aphid poo must taste good to the ants.

DD

I highly recommend going to the grocery store and buying a box of Borax (boric acid). I make a perimeter around my garden of Borax that keeps crawlies out. Borax is a primo non-insectide alternative to keep them at bay. I always have a big box of '20 Mule Team Borax' on hand. You can also mix the Borax 50/50 with some sugar and mix in a bit of water to make a delicious little treat that they will take back home and share with momma, and kill that bitch too (since the queen is your primary target). It may take some time, but that it is what I would recommend to begin with.

Tangle-foot all the way around the perimeter of the room and at the base/trunk of the plant.. and try (I Love the stuff) Terro ant bait..its like a party to them..but then 2 days later they are DEAD...and the next party goers come and same result..I must of had 5-10 waves of ants (colony's)(and years of ant problems) and all ended the same..DEAD

My mom has a Lemon tree next door...so im just waitin til they try again and they will not make it out this house alive!!

Thanks Guys for all ur help, ima go to the store n buy all this so ima try all of it at once n see if i can kill em fast

GNB

i've heard that if you actually piss on the base of the plant that it will run the ants off .
then they're just pissed ants...:popcorn:

or pissants... :rofl:

there was a thread about using piss for nutes.. lol, but if you pissed on the plants, I would think you would burn them,, the thread talking about using piss for nutes was saying to dilute 10 to 1,, so pissing on the plant may kill it..

Back
Top Bottom