PLEASE HELP!(i have no idea)

arizonabudski

My plant is about 2 ft tall, she is a healthy female. It is an outdoor plant. Where i live the plant will not get 12 hours of darkness untill late August and people have told me that the plant will die because it will get to cold before it can complete budding. WHAT SHOULD I DO? shold i start to bringing in the plant so it has 12 hours of darkness- is this really the only way it will bud? And during the 12 hours of darkness how many hours of light will i need to bud? Also, will it just keep growing without budding, or will it skip the budding cycle if i dont give it appropriate levels of darkness. (I NEED HELP< PLEA:thanks:SSE HELP)

Re: PLESE HELPP!(i have no idea)

How Cold Would It Get There??
& You Can Start Flowering Now By Putting a Trash Bag Over The Plant & Trick It On a 12/12 Cycle to Get Shit Started Or Jus Bring It Inside In Total Darkness Jus Make Sure It Gets atleast 12 Hours Of Dark a Day In Order To Start Flowering

Re: PLESE HELP!(i have no idea)

yes 12-18 hrs of darkness is the only way for canabis to push out the flower. they think the will die so they flower, canabis is not an annual, flowering happens at the end of its life.

thanks very much..i am not at my house very much so it is possible that i can leave it in darkness for 18 hours and day light for only 6?

and i am in New England so come late august into september it could probally dropp in to the 40's on a could night

Just start putting it into flower now. The gabage bags work or you can build a pvc pipe frame to hang tarps over them.

12/12 is the ideal number but Ive seen people go as extreme as 8/16. this doesnt work with all strains just as indicas and sativas are diff in many ways as well as there nute requirements. Im in th NE as well and my temps will go quite low in sept and oct. frame and tarp is prob the best solution but it is problematic....thats why I like my indoor deal

maybe a bit complex, and not in your ability or means of stealth, but what about a space heater/greenhouse build?

ok ill pick up a cheap trash can and give it 14-16 hours of darkness with at least 5 of light thanks everyone

canabis is not an annual, flowering happens at the end of its life.

That's what annuals do, complete their life cycle ANNUALLY or one grow season. Perinnials grow year after year. I said that to say this, cannabis IS an annual plant.

But to address the original question, you can create a cold frame (i think it called a cold frame, u know the hoop house type and shroud the plants with a tarp or thick cover that won't leak light. I always wondered about the risk of mold or transpiration using plastic (like a bag) to cover a plant. Anyone care to elaborate? (PM me on the last question).

Easiest way to do it would be to place them in a shed or indoors for ur dark period. Happy growing.

BWC- i have a shed within 30 yrds of my plant that would work great but the problem is, that i have a massive pot and i wouldnt want to risk carrying it over every night/morning at 8. - thanks,feel free to elaborate-much apreciated

I've read of some growers who place a wooden frame on a set of heavy duty casters beneath big pots. They did this to rotate the plants or move them as they grew. A dolly perhaps (depending on pot shape and size). Then when indoors (ur shed) ventilation (Fresh air in/Hot air out) and keeping light out are now a concern. This is mere speculation, but I'm tryin.

I was also thinking if pots are too heavy to move that maybe you could get some 7'-9', lightweight (maybe thick bamboo) stakes/poles and place on on each corner and place remaining stakes where needed for support. The idea is a cheap, temporary tent(dunno what kinda budget ur workin with...
1) Drive/work them into the ground once U figure where to place them.
a. Once they are in the ground, cover the tops of them with something smooth 1st thing in mind was to wrap with plastic cellophane several times and duct taping it around the pole to secure it (if using bamboo). This is to make the next step easier.
2)Next you can take ur tarp and drape it over the poles one at a time (walking beneath the tarp, draping the poles. The you can stand beneath with ur girls and check for light leaks Find em an fix em.

If no light leaks and ur getting decent air flow in from the bottom ur good to go. If u got light leaks......fix em. U may also want to strategically secure the tarp to the ground in a number of areas around the perimeter to keep wind from blowing over. Watch ur humidity too. I'm merely speculating (this herb seems to have that affect on me) and the tent, just seems logical. Please experiment with this b4 committing to it.
<br>
I've been prescribed some high powered medicine. Thanks doc. Hope some of this helps. Oh yeah, u might wanna look into a hoop house, google it.

okay thanks everyone very much, i think i am going to use the trashcan idea for the first weed or so and try to come as close to 12/12 as possible. After the first week or so with the trash can i think i am gonna start moving it into my shed is less strict daylight/darkness. say (14-16)-darkness with remaining light

yes my shed is basically empty, i will put up some shades and cover the windows with something. i could also just build a tent like thing in my shed to cover the plant?

when growing outdoors, the exact amount of time light a plant is getting doesnt matter as much as whether the light is getting longer each day or shorter. the shortnening days is what causes outdoors plants to flower, it tells them that fall and colder temps are on the way and to start reproducing before they die. so your plants dont need exactly 12 hours of light to go into budding. man ive got plants that are getting 15 hours of light and are already going bud style.
really unless your temps are going to drop into way cold region or youve got a really sativa plant that wont finish until late in the year, you can just leave your plant where she is and let mother nature take her course. unless you want buds sooner rather than later, then dropping light exposure will do the trick
:peace:

lets not make this harder then it should be..
you can jus cover it up outside wait til its dark and uncover it...
then do it again the next day not much work at all..

That's it, that's all

Please read up on previous posts before replying! Lol...it IS harder than its supposed to be, were trying to beat the sun on the east coast, while just going into flowering. Kinda running out of season, so were trying to find the easiest, safest route. We dont want him to put in all this effort and have them not be able to finish. BUT, you did make a good overall point extortion, some people just get overwhelmed after reading all these threads, and "worry their plants to death"...end up killing them due to personal fear and anxiety...like you said, roll anotha blunt, kick your shoes off, get tuned with the earth, and listen to your plants, and realize it IS a WEED...lol, it'll grow!

What's left to say? LOL. Nicely put.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom