Please help Leaves won't last

clydedavis

I have a new grow tent set up, and a buddy hooked me up with some clones. They were doing great at first I have plenty of 6.5 ph distelled water. I am using technaflora recipe for sucses starter kit. I am running 1 400watt hps/ mh conversion bulbs(will switch for flowering) about 3.5 feet above the plants. I have all vents open and the tent itself wide open with 1 4 inch open exaust fan and 1 8 inch cooling fan blowing on the fixture. My big problem is that the thing grows great but the older leave seem to brown right at the tip and within 5 days it has spread to the inner leaf. I have been clipping them strictly for looks. It seems to be clockwork I gain 3 new top leaves and lose 2 lower leaves. Pics will be up soon I have them on 18/6 light I go 2 days water 1 day grow food.:roorrip: I will put pics up later Please they are great strains and dont wanna loose them. P.S.What temp should the room be?

Re: Please help Leaves wont last

78 day time is what temp I use. What is your night time temps dropping to? also i have 400 watt hid hps with air cooled hoods and im only 10-12 inches above the plants. How long have you had them? You been feeding them anything? Clones usually get deprived of nutrients. Once they establish roots they need food and to get transplanted.

Mmm your lights are to high i'm afraid the inverse square law of light effect will greatly reduce lumen & light energy to provide suitable growth at that distance & will be greatly reduced !

You may wish too view this chart - note 400w bulb can be safely hanged around 12 inch from plants.

HPS-Light-Distance-Chart3.jpg

Its reasonable common for older leafs to yellow or go brown, how ever it could be a sign of nutrient deficiency... so a few pic's of effected leafs would help diagnosis the problem...

If a def, i'd suspect P - phosphorus if in late veg (several weeks of growth) but may depend on how often you are feeding the plants & what strength of nutrients used, you might be under feeding if using less than recommended amount ?

Oh btw welcome to the forums :high-five:

Still havent uploaded pics yet, but after refrencing the chart I def. have the lights way to high. I had them much lower but it was so hot it was browning the leaves bad. I think I def need to cool that light bulb better so I can lower it. also I got them at like 3 weeks and I have had them for 2 weeks about 12 inches tall. Ive got all those white hairs and was about to go into flowering. {but again pics will tell the wholestory im sure!

Mmm ye get some pic's up & we will see how to unwrap the info so far with a more detailed answer or with those members who may care to offer insight on the matter !

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

We can work on all the above question but we may require further details too help in offering advice !

Over all temps of grow rooom will help !

How often are you feeding ?

What concentration of nutrients are you using etc ?

Some minor details go a long way in helping solve a problem :thumb:

Place your hand underneath the light and move it to the point you can not feel any heat from it and move the light above your canopy to that level, raise the light as your plants grow.

here are some lumen versus distance charts, they do not take heat into account

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom