Please help me decide on a tent size for my new grow room

Pinktiger777

Hi -I've been growing for three years now, and I've outgrown my 2 x 2.5 X 5'7"Gorilla tent and I'm taking a 12 X 14 bedroom in the basement and turning it into a grow room. We are plumbing it along the shared wall with the bath.Putting in a utility sink and cabinets along that wall.
I'm planning to keep the 2 x 2 1/2 tent, and I have a smaller propagation and cloning tent.
I want to add a large tent to the other side of the room, which is 14 feet long. A closet with a regular door is on the end of the wall facing the hall. So, need three feet of clearance for the doors.
I'm doing this with hydroponics similar to now. I use ebb and flow with a drain table and reservoir underneath.
I want to get a big tent because I never have enough space.
Is 4 X 8 too large?
I'm a little nervous about the size of the reservoirs and also about how to top off such a large reservoir (115 gal) if I go with a drain table that fits that space.
Should I, instead, go with a 4 X 4 or a 2 X 4? I'm unsure. I want to grow CBD in my older tent and Thc/Cbd in the new.
Thanks for any assistance!

This is my current grow:

What kind of lights do you have?
I would build it based on my lights and the coverage they provide.
I have blurples. I’m going to transition to quantum boards.

FWIW, You should get some plywood and 2x4's and build a room. It might even be cheaper than buying a large tent. To build a 4x8 room you'd need 6 sheets and one could be used as a door. A couple 2x6 could be used on the top and a staple gun for mylar sheeting or paint it.
I would if I could. But I think a tent would be more portable and easier to get rid of should we Want to change it back to a bedroom. Also, I’m pretty much unskilled in carpentry.

As big as will fit. You know you want to sit in there with them and I am sure you will find ways to fill it up. It's only money, right? I would love to have a 4x8.
I know, right? The 4 x 8 is looking better and better.

Ok, I’ve decided and have it paid for and coming in a week or so.i decided to buy from a local growers supply. We are going with a 5 x 5 tent, a 4 x 4 tray (inside dimensions), a 70 gal reservoir. I haven’t purchased a light yet. But I’m looking at several options. One is a Mars hydr, another is budget led, etc. I’m going with either QB or white light.

I accidentally posted the wrong message on this thread. Sorry. I deleted it and the original post is now in my Perpetual Experiments thread.

Back
Top Bottom