Please help me with nutrients ppm goes super high

cnile

ok this is what im attempting. a week one feeding for coco at around 300 ppm

so ok i go and follow the lucas forumla:

3 mil/gal calmagic
1 tsp/gal epsom salt
2 mil/gal floramicro
3 mil/gal florabloom

it says for week one to feed around 300 ppm.

well, this mix is no where near that so what am i supposed to do? add what it says with those ratios, then dilute it with water to get to ppm 300?

cause thats a ton of dillution.

I dont get that it says for week one use that amount but then its a huge freaking ppm, no where near the 300 it says for weeks 1

3 mill of calimagic and im already over my 300 ppm, how does that work???????????

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is a second feed i try:
feed4.jpg

what happens with this one is i get the RO water, 0ppm almost. i add the 1 tsp/gal of the calimagic and BAM the ppm is up to 416, how the hell am i supposed to add all the rest to have a 300 ppm solution to water with???

thank you.

I don't see Epson in that chart, that said Epsom is mag and you give also cal-mag.
I have a conversion that 1 tsp = teaspoon = 5ml might be you use tbsp = tablespoon = 15ml

epsom.jpg

that is the one with epsom salt that i was trying to use.

so if i follow them at all they are super high ppm even though it says SEEDLING STAGE 300 ppm or so. how does that make sense.

I use ec and know that there are 2 conversions for ppm so I am not sure.

The amount of nutes looks ok to me just to much calmag / Epson but I think that is part of Lucas formula I never used.

That 2nd chart is for bloom only.

Epsom salts are very strong - super high ppm and even though I see many people recommend 5ml/gallon, it makes no sense based on my ec meter reading.
I usually add calmag at the amount of 100-200 ppm. Calmag is composed of 2% Nitrogen, 3.2% Calcium, and 1.2% Magnesium, and .1 Iron.

So, basically, if I'm adding calmag at 200 ppm -I'm adding -roughy- 65ppm of N, 100 ppm of Ca, and 35 ppm of Mg.
5ml of Epsom salts would be adding a few hundred ppm of Mg.

I don't think you need the Epsom salts anyway.

i guess my main thing is someone obviously sat down and made this, based on the chart and what the guy said he said 300 ppm week 1 but the mix he has is like 1000ppm

if someone went by what it said added each ml as this diagram says for week 1 without a ppm meter they would kill everything
epsom.jpg

so i just dont understand why under the heading week 1 - 300ppm, when i add the nutes it dosn't make a ppm right around 300, it makes it way way off

so what i did was calimagic to 160 and then micro and bloom, more bloom up to a total of 300.

i watered them and they got darker green im pretty sure looks like they stayed lighter right near the new growth in the center, the fan leaves turned dark.

after water
DSCN089312.JPG

an update. i do not use either of those feeding schedules.

epsom and cal mag together with base nuts i think is too much.

i am feeding with 1 gram epsom, 6/9 micro/bloom (per gallon ro water) and that gives around 800 ppm, dilute to desired ppm with ro water wait an hour, ph, wait an hour, ph again if needed.

Back
Top Bottom