Please help, my plant is dying!

boombhole

387789762-2_weeks.jpg

This image is of two weeks old

387790648-yellowcurled_leaf.jpg

this is aobut 3.5 weeks

426530386-now.jpg

this is 4.5 weeks

Hello fellow green thumbs. im a new grower in the need of some help. ive had one nice harvest before and im going for a second. i am growing an autoflower called Short Ryder. it germinated well, and for the first 2 weeks had alot of vigor, growing a new internode almost evry two days. now however its definitely slowed. the leafs are turning yellow, and older ones falling off and dying, a few small parts of the edge which have curled and browed. It was transplanted into the main pot after it was 1.5 weeks. The soil mix made was as follows:
-4 parts organic vermiculture
-2 parts worm castings
-1 part chicken manure
-1 part small rocks
-1 part sand
-1 part pumice stones
-2 tbsp seaweed extract in granular form
-5ml of a micronutrient solution - Zn, Fe, Mn, B
1/2 part of rock phosphate
3/4 part of ammonium nitrate
this mix was left to sit in sun for a month, watered every other day, and tilled. we tested the pH to be between 6 and 7. the water supply we have is basic, but i made a test batch of nutrients which read a 6.5.
In terms of climate, its fairly warm, around 25-30 on average (tropical climate) without any way to cool the room down. I do have an exhaust fan, an oscilating fan and a ceiling fan installed. the average humidity is between 60 and 70. i also FIMed (topped) the plant about a week ago. at the time it had a few more leaves, and the yellowing was alot less than currently. i had read up that it may cause a halt in growth for a few days, but it seem to have stopped growing all together. Could this perhaps have had a role in whats happening? I had given her the first dose of nutrients, which included all macro and micro with a little extra N about 3 days back. the condition doesnt appear to have any improvement. today i fed her with a solution of cow manure thoroughly mixed in water in hopes that may do something. Please help o green gods, i cant figure out the problem?!?

Hey boombhole, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

We'd like to help if we can, but you need to take a look here: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, for the rules on posting images, and here: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos, for how to upload your photos. Once the other growers can see your plants, I think you'll get some advice.

Yes, topping or fimming will put the plant in what I've heard described as a "state of confusion" as it figures out what to do next...the growth will stop until the plant shifts greater concentration of auxins in the lower branch tips.

Really need those pics to try and diagnose the yellowing, curling, etc. you were describing.

I hope that helped a little.

:Namaste:

yea sorry about that. i got em uploaded and ready though.

2_weeks2.JPG

This is her, 2 weeks old, and pretty healthy

yellow_curled_leaf.JPG

3_5_weeks.JPG

These two are of 3.5 weeks, and she has started to yellow, some margins and tips have browned and some of the older leaves have fallen off.

now.JPG

And this is now, some spotting has started and intervienal chlorosis.

Thanks for the help bro

It is very well aged lactating cow manure, very soft consistency and rich fertile smell. It has been sitting for about 6 months

I'm at a loss bro... It doesn't look like nute burn to me. And I can't see it being a deficiency with everything in your soil unless it's a lockout.

Right now I'm thinking the problem is soil related... I'm looking at your mix, and it's not what I'm used to seeing for mj. The average soil mix has ingredients that buffer pH like peat and dolomite lime. I don't know what your organic vermiculture is, but depending on what was composted I don't know what you have for buffers there... Have you tested your runoff? I'd be curious what the pH is right now.

Also, from the list of ingredients it seems like the soil might be on the dense side...sand isn't usually used, and can contain all sorts of stuff depending on what kind of sand it is. Soil looks very moist in the pic also. What is the texture like? I could be way off base here without being able to lay hands on it, but I'm hoping those roots can breathe. How does it drain? How long does the pot take to dry out?

I also wouldn't fertilize with anything right now, just plain water... you have enough nutrients in the soil to get the plant through the foreseeable future.

Ah i forgot to mention that i added Limestone to the mix as well in 1 part. Also what i was told was limestone i believe is finely crushed seashells, but of that im not sure, the location i am in is rather remote so its tough to find proper materials. As for the vermiculture, i have seen the younger beds and they seemed to have alot of vegetables, cow manure, and some seeds, but i cant really be too sure what it really consists of. When i was digging it out, i tried my best to only take the darker more rich parts. Also we hand sifted though it to remove anything that seemed outta place. My soil ph is between 6 and 7. i am using litmus paper so i cant give an accurate value. My water ph is a little more basic, just above 7. The soil is a little thick but i added a fair bit of small stones and small pumice. Texture is soft with random pebbles and rocks. It takes 1 day for the upper 2 inches to dry, and about 3 for the upper 4-5 inches. I have been watering every other day. It drains but not excessively. I just checked the runoff to be around 6. Another thing i was thinking was the Potassium content. I didnt really add anything for natural potassium. The fertilizer i gave a few days back was a blend of Pura Vida Grow and Pure Vida Bloom, and i just tried the lactating cow manure yesterday. Ill lay off any ferts for a while, in hopes she'll resume growth soon.

In the future I wouldn't use limestone. You'll want powdered dolomite lime, it stabilizes pH and provides calcium and magnesium.

With a well constructed soil mix I never bother to pH my water, I believe it's really only necessary for hydroponics (unless you have really bad water!), but you could have problems there...between 6 and 7 is a large range, 6.3 or 6.5 would be ideal, but 7 is lockout territory.

I'm also thinking the soil is packing too tight and not allowing the roots to breathe...our plants like a soil that's light, drains well, and is well aerated... I used a mix once that was almost one third perlite...and the plants did great.

Sorry, I wish I had more to offer...

:Namaste:

yea sorry about that. i got em uploaded and ready though.

2_weeks2.JPG

This is her, 2 weeks old, and pretty healthy

yellow_curled_leaf.JPG

3_5_weeks.JPG

These two are of 3.5 weeks, and she has started to yellow, some margins and tips have browned and some of the older leaves have fallen off.

now.JPG

And this is now, some spotting has started and intervienal chlorosis.

Thanks for the help bro

I found this maybe you could try it.

"IRON (Fe)

Leaves on growing shoots turn pale and veins remain dark green. pH imbalances make iron insoluble. Foliar feed with chemical fertilizer containing Fe or rusty water."
all hail to the person who put it on the internet

Back
Top Bottom