Please help my seedlings

deek13

Thought after weeks of reading this site and learning I would see if anyone could help with my problems

Here it goes....Im growing white widow and lemon skunk. My soil is fox farms light warrior in solo cups. Im using 4ft floro. with t8 bulbs. Everything is in a cooler with light resting over top and plants are within two inches or so. I do ph my tap water and also let it sit so chlorine dissipates.

So I germ my seeds and they all cracked nicely two lemon skunk and five widows. They were put into soil and right to the cooler and closet. I have monitor and temp stays from 73 to 78. fan is blowing, humidity normally 40 45 % but for past 24 hours I have cool mist humidifier running and humidity up to 60 percent.

They all sprouted up nicely and took off changing everyday for the first week. I watered with a spray bottle lightly for the first five days or so. They were progressing nicely and things were good. About the 5th day I stopped with the spray bottle soil seemed moist enough and leaves looked a little droopy. After a few days soiled dried and plants looked healthy and growing nicely. This watering I decided to Use Tappin Roots which is for root growth. I gave it at half strength with this watering and watered till I got good runoff. Plants still seemed healthy and growing but leaves a little droopy. Three days later I watered with tappin roots again till runoff.

After this things went downhill and they drooped badly I figured I was over doing the water after reading so much. Then after a few days all growth seemed at a crawl and plants still looked green just droopy and some more of a light green. Then a small yellow spot on leaf edge of my biggest looking seedling. I figured they were getting nute burned, more than one was starting to have its lower leaf not cotly. start turning yellow and getting brown spots and now dry and brittle lower leaf. so after no water for five days a decided to flush to make sure it wasn't the tappin roots when I thought it was the water. I flushed thoroughly with distilled water this time and ph checked. It has now been five days since I have flushed and they are really drying out but Im afraid to water the leaves still very droopy looking? They have shown some new growth on the top since the flush but the yellowing seems to be going up the plant and the leaves still drooping

Anyone insight would be appreciated
Thanks

Can you post some pics? It's hard to know because it could be any of the issues you mentioned, but pics will help for the hordes of people, smarter and more knowledgable than I, who are lining up right now to help you with this. You should be able to tell re the watering - if it feels light when you lift it- and comparable to a pot filled with unwatered soil straight from the bag. Stick your finger down an inch or so can you feel a bit of moisture? Your ph tester could be throwin a fit- make sure it's calibrated. I'm not familiar with that soil - it could be too rich especially with whatever you've been adding lately. It also could be the sort of soil that just doesn't drain, and turns into a dense black lump. It would need to be well draining soil I think for the plant to be able to handle all that watering it's had lately. The wilting and slow growth does sound to me like my experiences with overwatering/ and ensuing root rot.

Can you post some pics? It's hard to know because it could be any of the issues you mentioned, but pics will help for the hordes of people, smarter and more knowledgable than I, who are lining up right now to help you with this. You should be able to tell re the watering - if it feels light when you lift it- and comparable to a pot filled with unwatered soil straight from the bag. Stick your finger down an inch or so can you feel a bit of moisture? Your ph tester could be throwin a fit- make sure it's calibrated. I'm not familiar with that soil - it could be too rich especially with whatever you've been adding lately. It also could be the sort of soil that just doesn't drain, and turns into a dense black lump. It would need to be well draining soil I think for the plant to be able to handle all that watering it's had lately. The wilting and slow growth does sound to me like my experiences with overwatering/ and ensuing root rot.

I'm working on it now. .thanks

20150302_222807.jpg
20150302_222731.jpg
20150302_222712.jpg
20150302_222659.jpg
20150302_222637.jpg
20150302_222613.jpg
20150302_222554.jpg
20150302_222543.jpg
20150302_222530.jpg
20150302_222511.jpg

I can post more pics if necessary. Im not sure if I destroyed these and should just start over again. They are about 20 days old

was wondering when to re plant but they just didnt seem very big or root bound. I cut one cup open to look at roots and there was a good amount but not really bound. I have a tent ready with 1000 air cooled hood but didnt think they were ready for the big lights. Im a noob and learning as a go

honestly they don't look that bad, I've seen and had worse. You already did a flush so it would be a good time to get them going in bigger pots with fresh soil.

I would transplant just to have a fresh start- but hold off on the rooting additive perhaps for now. Most potting soil has enough nutrients to start a seedling and grow it much bigger and healthier than that. They do look stunted and someone other than me will tell you why, probably. I'd double check the ph tester too.

I will try transplanting to bigger pots with fox farm soil. Hopefully it will help. Thanks for the suggestions much appreciated. Do you think they are ready for 1000w lights??

IMO 1000w would be a waste but if you do, then keep them several feet away from the light to start and/or partially shaded. For what it's worth- my take on the transplanting isn't that they've outgrown their pots- just my philosophy of -when in doubt and I've really fucked it all up-then transplant into better soil. Be careful not to overwater because you're going to have small and (apparently) unhealthy root systems in bigger pots- so just keep it moist never wet and do not fertilize at all to start. I've read of lots of issues with Foxfarm soil being too rich for seedlings. But I have never used it and I'm not familiar with the particular mix that you are using.
And make sure about that ph.
That would be my take on it anyway. Hopefully you'll get more input too. Best of luck man.

You need to feed them with light nutrient solution I can tell from the pics they have several deficiencies u should use light nutes (I hope u are using clean water not well water) and a beneficial bacteria because they have root rot as well and the roots need protection from root rot also use a b-vitamin supplement but add everything at 1/4 strength then after u feed them that solution let them dry til next watering

Good beneficial bacteria like voodoo juice or other brands will work wonders it will make roots grow and then uptake proper nutrients and that fox farm soil needs to be cut with perlite because it compacts over time suffocating the plant..If u do transplant use a small pot like half gallon otherwise your little plants will take forever to grow so wait til ur plants are root bound then pot up and continue til u are in the final pot let the plant set new roots n fill the pot then flower with a big dense root system u will get big harvest

" You need to feed them with light nutrient solution I can tell from the pics they have several deficiencies u should use light nutes (I hope u are using clean water not well water) and a beneficial bacteria because they have root rot as well and the roots need protection from root rot also use a b-vitamin supplement but add everything at 1/4 strength then after u feed them that solution let them dry til next watering"

I can't disagree with that one at all. They have been flushed like crazy so will need some nutrients -I was assuming your repotting mix would provide that. But I just looked up the mix you're using and it doesn't contain nearly as much nutrients as the other Foxfarm versions. So 1/4 strength sounds right. You just want to go easy because right now that plant isn't craving large amounts of fertilizer, it's feeling a bit more ill than hungry so start slow and avoid wet soil. Beneficial bacteria can do wonderful things. Lots to read up on in that area but there are quite a lot of off the shelf products that people are getting great results with.

Going to try and feed today with light nutes. I have the fox farm trio of liquid nuts. Should I add the voodoo stuff with my nutes when I feed them?

I always start my plants in the 2 liter soda bottles, you cut them in half and place the top in the bottom half. I leave the cap on with perilite in the bottem and water them, loosening the cap until the water drains out slowly. Because these are clear you can actually see the root growth. I take the caps off after a couple of weeks. Once the roots of the plant grow down into the drain bottom, I transplant them into what they will stay in for the rest of their grow. Make sure to put the perilite on the top surface of the plant to inhibit any black fly fungs knats. I have never had any issues with my baby plants until after they have been transplanted into their forever home using this method. It's actually kind of cool because you can see the root growth plain as day.

You need to feed them with light nutrient solution I can tell from the pics they have several deficiencies u should use light nutes (I hope u are using clean water not well water) and a beneficial bacteria because they have root rot as well and the roots need protection from root rot also use a b-vitamin supplement but add everything at 1/4 strength then after u feed them that solution let them dry til next watering
He can take care of the root rot with a solution of 1 cup 3% hydrogen peroxide that you can buy anywhere to 4 cups of water. He can add the nuts to the mixture and kill two birds with one stone. Only add as much as you need to water the plant until it drains in the bottom of the pan, you don't have to use the whole mixture at one time on a single plant, just to be clear.

Back
Top Bottom