Please help Natures Care organic potting soil with water conserve

Will5211

420 Member
I was wondering if that would would be ok if I added perlite peat moss and eco earth with rocks at the bottom and drain holes The only concern I have is the water conserve part . But was hoping with me adding stuff too air rate it that it would be ok. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Hard to say until you try it.
But for me personally I stay away from "water conserving" additives.
I prefer soil that is more lite and airy with oxygen around the roots.
Things that suck up and hold water are exactly the opposite of that, its heavy and promotes more of an anerobic soil.

I would also suggest tossing out the plastic pots and use FABRIC.
Putting rocks on the bottom really doesn't help at all, it just raises your "perched water table".

The fabric pot will give you a far superior root structure and allows the soil to breathe.

I have drain holes all around the sides of the bucket too just small enough for air too get too the soil and help dry it out. I don’t want to transplant again with them being autos and not having as much time too recover and still grow too there full potential if that makes sense. Im curious though if me using 2 parts soil 2 parts perlite and 2 parts peat moss with some eco earth if it would dry normal so I can water every 2 or 3 days.... it’s only been a night since I watered them so time will tell I just get impatient and try too find the answers ASAP so I no what I’m dealing with. But anyone who has used this dirt what’s your opinions

Back
Top Bottom