Please help not sure if I should transplant or not

Jwhat201

I'm currently growing OG Kush and Great White Shark.

The GWS is falling way behind, budding very slowly compared to the OG. She's 4 days behind and only topped once but I still think there's something going on because shes so far behind. Leaves are showing a ton of weird symptoms too, looked like potassium deficiency but feeding didn't do much.

Does she need a transplant? Never transplanted this late into budding (week 3), not even sure if it's wise to do, anyone have any idea? Should I transplant or is it something else?

Help greatly appreciated. Adding a few pics the smaller plant is the one having issues. I took some lower branches off and that helped the branches a little but still slow.

image12330.jpeg
image12331.jpeg
image12332.jpeg
image12333.jpeg

Transplanting in flower might cause the plant to hermie, so it's not recommended.

By your pictures, it looks like you've got multiple symptoms going on. So that points me to a pH imbalance or lock out more than anything else. Can you be more descriptive on nutrients and feeding schedules?

It also look like it could have some heat stress going on. Temps?

If we look at these two charts, the closest match to my eyes is a zinc deficiency, which isn't particularly common. BUT if we look at the second chart, too much Phosphorus and Calcium can inhibit the uptake of zinc. So, I'd say your best mode of attack right now is to flush the hell out of it with clean pH'd water. Then consider adding nutrients at 1/4-1/2 strength for the next feeding.

plant105.jpg

1306683695_24651306683695_2465.jpg

Thanks man. I think you're right on the PH cause my other plant had weird leaves until I transplanted from the promix to miracle gro. I think the ph might be off for the promix. And I got nothing to measure ph at the moment so my only way to fix that would be to transplant. So I'm fucked lol.

For nutes I fed her a miracle gro mix first and she didn't react to well started feeding another brand 10-15-10 for veg. Switched to koolbloom but I've only fed once yet. The schedule I've been doing is one nutes and 3 water then nutes again.

Yea you're right looks like zinc and potassium to me, probably ph messing her up.

Or maybe she's rootbound, I'll add another pic after I post this.

Based on all of this what should I do. Should I risk the hermie

I'm not being smart I'm really asking why haha, what would flushing 5 gallons of water do to save her. If I had ph buffers and a meter id understand, flush it then adjust ph then feed, But I got none of that. If I flush then feed without any of that won't I just get the same result.

Flushing not only washes away excess nutrients in the soil but also any salt build up that will inhibit your plant's food uptake. It sounds more like a nutrient lock out rather than just a matter of balancing your PH. Also if you are growing in soil that has time release nutrients that aren't geared towards Cannabis you can expect more problems like this in the future. I would suggest investing in a PH meter as it will prove invaluable to your grow if using chemicals. Also if you transplant that plant now I have to agree that there is a big chance of it turning hermie. No matter how careful you are you will probably break some roots which will at the least cause a loss of yield and growth time, but the shock will more than likely cause more than that.

Back
Top Bottom