Please Help! NOt sure what to do with seedlings

BigTaco

I am relatively new at this and will appreciate any help you guys can offer. My first problem is the very edges of my leaves are starting to turn brown. This is just happing to the two major fan leaves. This just started yesterday and seems a slight bit worse today. The two black spots are denoted by the two red-arrows. Also, the first two plant leaves have curled under. But, this may be do to the fact it got too hot one time and completely wilted then I brought her back to this stage. I had a fan blowing on her and she dried out too much when I was gone. So the leaves were wilted long before the black spots showed up. She is a little over three weeks today.

My second problem is the seedling leaves are starting to turn yellow a plant that is about a week younger. I am not sure if I am over-feeding or underfeeding or rather under-watering or over-watering.

Just so its clear I am in a hydroponic system. I have started everything in rockwool and then transfer into a hydro container. I am using a 3-part nutrient system from general hydroponics. I start-off with clean deionized water with a ppm reading 0.00. If I add the full strength nutrient dose for seedlings I only get to a ppm reading of 175(1 mL per 4 liters of each of the three solutions, 1 mL per 4 liters of superthrive, 2 mL per 4 liters of hygrozyme). I was told by someone before that the ppm for seedlings should be around 300. To get to a reading of 300 I would half to add twice the amount specified for seedlings. You guys have any suggestions how much of the nutrient solutions I should add. My pH was originally 5.5 but I have raised it to around 5.9.

Also, does anyone have suggestions about how long to leave the seedlings in the rockwool before transplanting them into a hydro-system.

The current lighting is a 400W sunmaster MH cool deluxe.

Snapshot_2008-08-12_10-02-29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom