Please Help: Plant health issue

No. I'm sorry I wasn't clear about responding to Senior, their advice seems reasonable and upsize at least twice the size you had or close as possible if not larger. Try not to go any smaller. Use a spray bottle and mist the rootball then use some rootone (or another root enhancer) on the rootball. Be gentle.

So you’re saying I should transplant it into a larger pot. Ok. What size of pot would you recommend? Also, any recommendation for soil?
^ I believe it is more of a desperate times call for desperate measures comment than suggesting you do it.

The actual info is here, the gist, from a 5 month newbie, is autos are hard to correct because they will finish in a short timeframe. Uppotting takes a few days to bounce back & it may be too big a risk for your timeframe.
Really, search for an hour and then decide...

plants can either be phoperiod where you flip lights or use sun to initiate flowering or autoflowers that dont care about day length or light hours.... they flower automatically.

As Konks said - your plant is a photoperiod, it is currently in the veg cycle, it will not begin to flower until you flip lights to 12/12. If that were an autoflower it would be covered with trich glitter and almost done but it’s not - so it ain’t... how‘s that from grammar?

Don’t worry about runoff ph or ppm... Runoff is like Vegas what happens in the bucket stays in the bucket. But actually it doesnt.... all runoff water carries fine sediments & chemicsl salts from nutes, it’s an inflated number ‘bout as useful as a laser scope on a slingshot. Here’s the real problem you check run-off then adjust your input ph or ppm to change the output numbers...dont chase that rabbit.

For soil grows bigger is better, 3 gallons is not much when you still have about 10 to 12 weeks left to go. If that was my plant I’d upgrade / transplant to 8 or 10 gallon bag and veg for another week or two and flip to flower. Since that’s a photo you can safely upcan it multiple times without worry but you definitely want to give her a bigger home before flipping to flower

dont know about feeding 25 to 30%.... sir / ma’am you are looking skinny/chubby/whatevs.... how about if you get 25% of your weekly allotted food?

As Konks said - your plant is a photoperiod, it is currently in the veg cycle, it will not begin to flower until you flip lights to 12/12. If that were an autoflower it would be covered with trich glitter and almost done but it’s not - so it ain’t... how‘s that from grammar?

^ think that is photoperiod, full season to mature vs autoflower in much less time
Ummm, Konk was pointing out "photo" was photoperiod. Not the op's plant type. ;)

its not auto... it would already be flowering at 6 weeks

I want to clear something up that senior said incorrectly - autos can be transplanted more than once but they are so dang easy to stunt that most folks only do 1 upcan... in fact many start an auto in large final container that’s what Emilya’s second watering tech paper is all about..... but photos definitely can be upcanned multiple times... it’s all about building the root ball on photos. That’s how to propel growth, you build roots in veg so she can use them in flower

If you are only using those 3 FF products , you are not following the schedule.
Because of that you have nutrient issues developing.
FF soil schedule calls for a periodic flush ( sledgehammer&water w/ 3 x the size of your container ).
Have you done the flush to remove built up salts ?
As mentioned , your pot is probably to small .
Most folks say photo’s should not be up potted.
I know that @Emilya had success w/ this.
Her tutorials on watering plants in soil would be very beneficial to you.
Good luck
DAC1D1EB-7FF2-4918-B64E-C5DCCF3821EC.jpeg
06857BE8-A91A-4490-9DC6-1FF37E3499AA.jpeg
Sorry :sorry: ...don't know where you heard that from, but it's wrong, I only used the trio for years, grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom, but I also used FFOF for my soil :thumb: NOTE: I use Mega Crop now.
So you’re saying I should transplant it into a larger pot. Ok. What size of pot would you recommend? Also, any recommendation for soil?
If it's an auto NO, (but it should be flowering). If it's a photo YES. And I would recommend Fox Farms Ocean Forest, it's easy to use right out of the bag, no need to PH, because it buffers it for you.

I'm a minimalist when it come to my girls :thumb: I give them only what they need to be happy and healthy :morenutes:

That means no extra root zone shit, no extra nutrient supplements they don't need, no chemical PH up or down. Take a look for yourself :passitleft:
Northern Lights auto in a 3 gallon pot

Happy and healthy girls

Sorry :sorry: ...don't know where you heard that from, but it's wrong, I only used the trio for years, grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom, but I also used FFOF for my soil :thumb: NOTE: I use Mega Crop now.

If it's an auto NO, (but it should be flowering). If it's a photo YES. And I would recommend Fox Farms Ocean Forest, it's easy to use right out of the bag, no need to PH, because it buffers it for you.

I'm a minimalist when it come to my girls :thumb: I give them only what they need to be happy and healthy :morenutes:

That means no extra root zone shit, no extra nutrient supplements they don't need, no chemical PH up or down. Take a look for yourself :passitleft:
Northern Lights auto in a 3 gallon pot

Happy and healthy girls

Where did I hear it from ? How bout FF.
Their soil feeding schedule is pretty clear.
Now , can you grow using 3 elements of this schedule ?
I guess so . You did it for years.
I guess the question is were you maximizing the potential ?
FF would probably say “ follow the schedule “.
That schedule also clearly says , if using FF products , a flush ( shown in the vertical blue columns ) is required or there are going to be problems.
I will follow the manufacturers recommendations if using their product.
Got to believe in the science brother.
BCC728D9-DDC5-4571-9577-63129091367B.jpeg

Transplant an autoflower? Different schools of thought to be had on that but I've seen others here do it frequently with good success rates but not perfect. Once an autoflower gets stunted it usually takes far to long to recover in the amount of time it has to grow to be all it could be. It doesn't wilt and die, it just doesn't produce much or as much without some extra work like LST and topping.
Theres lots of info here, using the search tool unveils so much, you'll be reading for days. Welcome and good to meet you. GG
If you read what I said , I did not recommend to up pot . I mentioned it as an option. Especially if the plant is root bound , that is an option.
Furthermore , I said @Emilya had success up potting auto’s . Prior to flower by the way.
:thumb: :peace:

its not auto... it would already be flowering at 6 weeks

I want to clear something up that senior said incorrectly - autos can be transplanted more than once but they are so dang easy to stunt that most folks only do 1 upcan... in fact many start an auto in large final container that’s what Emilya’s second watering tech paper is all about..... but photos definitely can be upcanned multiple times... it’s all about building the root ball on photos. That’s how to propel growth, you build roots in veg so she can use them in flower
I had to go back and read what I said. Good catch . I did type photo. I was stoned. . We were talking about auto’s at the time and meant to say auto. At the time OP mentioned auto , but the six week thing was suspicious. :thumb: :lot-o-toke:

Well I guess FF had it wrong then :rofl::rofl: ...especially when they're saying to maintain a PH of 5.6 to 6.8 in soil....6.3 to 6.8 is what I always do for soil...

I guess the question is were you maximizing the potential ?
Got to believe in the science brother.
I believe I was maximizing the potential, and I'm no scientist, but I believe what I can see :thumb:

Thank you guys for dropping your knowledge on this manner, it’s much appreciated, but no one still told me what’s wrong with my plant. I’m hearing a lot of solutions to an undiagnosed problem. So, can anyone tell me what is going on with my plant?

Well I guess FF had it wrong then :rofl::rofl: ...especially when they're saying to maintain a PH of 5.6 to 6.8 in soil....6.3 to 6.8 is what I always do for soil...

I believe I was maximizing the potential, and I'm no scientist, but I believe what I can see :thumb:

Beautiful plant Mocha .
Yep. Certainly looks like you were maximizing potential :bravo:
Your years of experience growing shows.
Perhaps that experience is what makes the difference ?
For a new grower , that has not figured out all the nuances , following the manufacturers feeding schedule just makes common sense.
Including flushes as required.
:peace::Namaste:

The part about you heard it or was told that it would flower at 8 weeks.... thats how long it takes to flower once it has been vegged and then flipped to flower....

drop a photoperiods bean... veg until you build big frame (6 to 8 weeks) then flip to flower and run 8 to 10 weeks until trichs are ready.... total run time seed to harvest 14 to 18 weeks

drop an auto bean goes from seed to harvest in 8 weeks

Autos don’t need to be upcanned multiple times - it can stunt a plant, but that’s mostly when an auto is small... your plant is healthy so slim chance of stunting it. But at 6 weeks an auto would already be in flower but it’s not - so that tells us it’s not an autoflower. It’s a photo and responds well to upcans.

What Mocha said from the start still applies rootbound and hungry. That soil has nutes in it but nutes for tomatos or houseplants are different from weed nutes...different NPK ratios. I know you’ve got the FF bottle nutes too. I’m still saying upcan to bigger container with more soil since you’ve got about 10 to 12 weeks left to go. 3 gallons of soil might work for an auto but that’s a photo.

it really sucks to start flowering a big plant and realize 3 weeks in that a 5 gallon bucket they been cruising in for several weeks is too small. Been there - done that.

upcan to bigger bag 8 to 12 gallons is good, put plant on riser and slide old bag down, gently score the rootball with a knife on edges and put in its new home. Need to water differently just a cup on top of old rootball - the rest goes on outer perimeter to tease roots outward.

that’s my 2 cents - but please consider other opinions

Beautiful plant Mocha .
Yep. Certainly looks like you were maximizing potential :bravo:
Your years of experience growing shows.
Perhaps that experience is what makes the difference ?
For a new grower , that has not figured out all the nuances , following the manufacturers feeding schedule just makes common sense.
Including flushes as required.
:peace::Namaste:
Senior, I was just messing with you :passitleft: ...I'm an aggravating fu%$# that way :rofl:

Thank you guys for dropping your knowledge on this manner, it’s much appreciated, but no one still told me what’s wrong with my plant. I’m hearing a lot of solutions to an undiagnosed problem. So, can anyone tell me what is going on with my plant?
At 6 weeks it's obviously not an auto, so...
Let it dry out to the point of wilting...prepare a bigger pot with some moist soil in it already...(I recommend
Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil)
...squeeze the outside of the pot your girl is in to loosen the soil inside...tip pot sideways and inch her out gently...support root ball while putting her into her new home...fill with soil and mix up some nutrients and feed her...:thumb:

We all did kind of go around the bud world and never answered your question.
Sorry.
If you click on GROW and then to Cannabis Problems and Pests , your issue appears to be a nitrogen problem just starting. Is it a deficiency or excess ? IDK.
The spots may be neut burn ?
@InTheShed can answer that ? Also , would you , She’d ,
0A64C4DB-0D2A-486A-BB9A-6A0747919E02.png
AAFABD3D-9EB7-4BDA-A6A8-5E4128181ABD.png
522A6B9E-5D5E-40FF-B5C0-2B3F41FDDE56.png
agree w/ the following advice ?
Flush the soil w/ 6 gal ( if you have a 2 gal container now ) of water slowly.
If you have the FF Sledgehammer mix in water per schedule amount )
This should stabilize your soil .
Let sit for a couple days.
I think all of us are in agreement , if your plant is 6 weeks from sprouting it is probably a photoperiod rather than a auto .
If so there is no prob w/ transplanting.
Up pot to 5 or 7 gal fabric container w/ FF potting soil if u can get it.
Wet that soil before transplanting.
Water per @Emilya s watering/feeding regimen.
Always water till runoff starts coming out the bottom.
Do a quick search here on soil mixes. Lots of choices.
If using FF neutrients , mix per the recommended dosage.
The schedule shows how much of each goes in per gallon of water.
Your plant is in the veg stage now. It will continue like this until
you change your lighting to 12 hrs of light and 12 hours of dark.
The FF feeding schedule address this “ flip “ at week 5 , but you can do it anytime.
In your case , if up potting , wait 1 week after .
Does this answer your questions Cintetik ?

Back
Top Bottom