Please Help: Plant health issue

A lot will depend on what it looks like when you peel back the cloth and see if it's a solid mass of roots. Have you thought about how you will get it out of the grow bag?
From what I gather I’d wait till it’s dry, squeeze the sides of the pot to loosen up the soil, then shimmy it out with the pot on its side. I’ll take all the advice I can get if I’m missing something or am wrong.

so if it’s a solid mass of roots then I score? What if it’s not a solid mass of roots?

That might work if the dirt isn't too solid. This is how I do it: put the plant on an upside down bucket smaller than the pot, and peel the pot away from the roots. Then drop the whole thing in a bigger pot. And you don't have to worry about tearing the roots off the pot as those are the ones that have been airpruned anyway.

Here are some pics I took when I stripped a pot off a root ball after harvest.
20190329_081839.jpg
20190329_082003.jpg

It's a bit messy, but all transplants tend to be!

That might work if the dirt isn't too solid. This is how I do it: put the plant on an upside down bucket smaller than the pot, and peel the pot away from the roots. Then drop the whole thing in a bigger pot. And you don't have to worry about tearing the roots off the pot as those are the ones that have been airpruned anyway.

20190329_081839.jpg
20190329_082003.jpg

Looks legit. I was assuming you would need to cut the bag to peel it but yours looks intact. I hope mine goes like that, although I’m not too attached to my container so if I must, I’ll shred that thing.

20190329_081839.jpg
20190329_082003.jpg

So I just peeled the bag and it’s a solid rootball. All 3 gal of it. I don’t know if you’ll respond in time but I’m still not clear on if I should or shouldn’t score it. You said it depends on what it looks like. I’m guessing it means if it’s a solid mass than yes to score it? I don’t want to leave it nude too long so I’ll score per your instructions in this thread. I hope I’m not wrong. Lmk

So I was just wondering, how long does it take for the single and double pistils my plant is showing currently to turn into buds? Is this a lengthy process? Did the transplanting slow things down? Because I haven’t seen any progress since I saw the pistils first last Wednesday.

So I was just wondering, how long does it take for the single and double pistils my plant is showing currently to turn into buds? Is this a lengthy process? Did the transplanting slow things down? Because I haven’t seen any progress since I saw the pistils first last Wednesday.
Do you have pics? Before & after the transplant and the "single and double pistils" specifically might speed up any info provided.

Thanks for the thread. I have the same issue of brown leaves on a seedling. From what I've read here it seems that the seed sprouting too high in the grow media didn't allow for the roots to grow like they should. I'm figuring the transplant to soil will eventually resolve the issue.

Attachments

• 2021.5.JPG
    2021.5.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
Thanks for the thread. I have the same issue of brown leaves on a seedling. From what I've read here it seems that the seed sprouting too high in the grow media didn't allow for the roots to grow like they should. I'm figuring the transplant to soil will eventually resolve the issue.
I am too green to back that up, but they're weeds, right, I do agree good soil can hide/solve a multitude of issues.
Is transplant on your list? Do you have a soil plan for transplant?

Hey @parnelli - what size container were they in before the transplant to those grow bags? Were they rooted in a different media like coco or hydro? That soil looks pretty wet for a seedling.

ok slid past your journal and saw these were started in aero grow which is aeroponics or hydro format. Those roots were adapted for water.... it takes a while for them to transition to soil..... but first that soil must dry out. If you water them every day or every 2 days or every 3 days they will continue to struggle. Many folks learned the old stick a finger in the soil up to the first or second knuckle deal. Trouble is when top of soil is dry the bottom is still very wet.

Elevate that grow bag so air gets underneath, it needs to be placed on a grated and elevated surface to breathe and drain properly, my guess is the container will drip or pee out the perched water table.

If a grow bag sits on a flat solid surface then it can’t drain properly, roots can’t breathe. Don’t add any water for at least 4 days maybe 5 or 6 even, watch for slight wilt and then wait half a day before watering any. Right now that’s a big container full of wet soil.... I’m pretty confident that once it dries out she will green up. When soil is totally dry she will send out tiny root hairs to search for water, this is precisely how to build a massive rootball. Work the wet dry cycle hard in veg.... bigger roots equals bigger fruits and all that shizz

Regardless of how shallow or deep it was planted or transplanted I still say soil needs to dry out. I would say it’s both overwatered and watered too often That’s a tiny seedling in a huge bag of wet soil. Roots cannot / will not grow in wet soil. I still say post 114 above contains your solution

this little Hawaiin Haze girl was popped Oct 20, she started in 20 ounce solo cup. Was upcanned to 1 gallon on Sept 15, she gets a sip about every 7 days and a decent watering every 2 weeeks.

Once she is rootbound AF then she will get moved to 3 gallon bucket. I will veg her in 3 gallon for a month and slam her into a 12 or 16 gallon for flower. This is simply focused growing with multiple upcans, (this technique is for photoperiods) focusing on building a ginormous root ball.

You build the roots, she will grow the fruits

Attachments

• 37A0E951-AB32-4200-A870-D0EF69E25722.jpeg
    37A0E951-AB32-4200-A870-D0EF69E25722.jpeg
    707.1 KB · Views: 81
  • E75151DE-0527-4D60-BDAD-30282CAE6760.jpeg
    E75151DE-0527-4D60-BDAD-30282CAE6760.jpeg
    822.5 KB · Views: 85
  • D38B4746-A552-4CA1-8E2C-89DB3D7738F8.jpeg
    D38B4746-A552-4CA1-8E2C-89DB3D7738F8.jpeg
    711.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 46FEAC42-F602-4FA6-91A6-1E83498035C6.jpeg
    46FEAC42-F602-4FA6-91A6-1E83498035C6.jpeg
    771.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 6C2681D0-8820-4026-A97E-DEC187A38769.jpeg
    6C2681D0-8820-4026-A97E-DEC187A38769.jpeg
    692.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 518934BF-A2D0-4553-BFF2-812503960F9F.jpeg
    518934BF-A2D0-4553-BFF2-812503960F9F.jpeg
    580 KB · Views: 83
K, I gotta piece this together to remember :bong:

@Konks Dirt Empire @InTheShed
Pics 1-4 are comparisons of last Thursday and today. The pistils pics are both from today. They look the same as last week.
Ok, again I have 1 run almost in jars...my take is your plant looks happier, a content but ravenous plant. I would gently hammer it with nutrients, get your watering going and it will show you that growth your watching in the next few days...
Dunno, someone with more experience will pop in with their own take.

Back
Top Bottom