Please Help This Seedling!

RookieJuana

This is a big bang Auto seedling that is 5 days old. As you can see, her tiny inner second set of true leaves are brown. She is in fox Farms ocean Forest mixed with perlite, sitting about 2 feet under a 300 watt LED. The other seedlings are sitting under the same light without any problem. I should note that the last time I started in a drinking cup with the same soil perlite mix, the seedlings first set of leaves were Brown but then she grew out of it fine. What does this look like to you? Is she going to be all right? Both of my big bang Autos are doing the exact same thing. Do they need to get used to the soil? Will those leaves grow? Thank you so much in advance. I am at a loss.

Attachments

• 20190407_112048.jpg
    20190407_112048.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 20190407_112019.jpg
    20190407_112019.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 111
Please ignore spelling, grammar and punctuation. Talk to text sucks sometimes.

That's a tough one...I've had seedlings where the second set of leaves are blackish,or dark purple
around the edges,but they were always a little green in the middle- brown is odd-

But you say the last time this happened the seedling grew out of it just fine,so about all you can do is wait and see if this one does too.

It looks like those little leaves are dried out,possibly from too much heat or too much light,or both,but with the light 24" away,I doubt that's the problem...

I don't like humidity domes,but it wouldn't really hurt anything to put one over it for a few days,in case it is drying out for some reason-just don't leave it on there for more than a few days-they can do more harm than good if left on too long-the seedling needs to adapt to real world conditions,and it can't do that under a dome.

That's a tough one...I've had seedlings where the second set of leaves are blackish,or dark purple
around the edges,but they were always a little green in the middle- brown is odd-

But you say the last time this happened the seedling grew out of it just fine,so about all you can do is wait and see if this one does too.

It looks like those little leaves are dried out,possibly from too much heat or too much light,or both,but with the light 24" away,I doubt that's the problem...

I don't like humidity domes,but it wouldn't really hurt anything to put one over it for a few days,in case it is drying out for some reason-just don't leave it on there for more than a few days-they can do more harm than good if left on too long-the seedling needs to adapt to real world conditions,and it can't do that under a dome.
Thank you for your input. Yeah I've never seen brown before either. Maybe they will be just fine. I hate the just wait and see game! But that's what I need to do. Thank you again!

Has anybody else seen this before!

Hey sweet guy! Here is an update on my little brown leafed seedling. Aside from a tiny bit of crunchiness around the edges, they turned out just fine! The soil is just a tiny bit hot for the young seedlings. But look! They will be just fine, just like you said they would be! Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 20190410_140609.jpg
    20190410_140609.jpg
    856.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190410_140543.jpg
    20190410_140543.jpg
    663 KB · Views: 90
The ffof soil is to hot to start a seed off with that’s y . Sum strains are more sensitive than others to the stuff. Try a good seed starting soil without any nutrients for your next outing. I’ve heard that happy Frog has less nutes, ?

The ffof soil is to hot to start a seed off with that’s y . Sum strains are more sensitive than others to the stuff. Try a good seed starting soil without any nutrients for your next outing. I’ve heard that happy Frog has less nutes, ?
And I almost bought Happy Frog! Dang! But thank you so much, now I know what to do next time I visit my local Hydro Store!

Cool-she's going to be fine-that was a fast recovery,too :goodjob:

Hey @RookieJuana!
Bud is right - your girls will be fine though just keep a close eye on them.

Thay will grow into, and get use to the ocean forest soil ( fingers crossed ) and once established she will thrive with it. Please don’t as many have done and feed nutrients to soon!
As it’s easy to see Y not, ffof has enough nutrients to last at least 6 weeks or more. Don’t get suckered into byeing a bunch of junk that u really don’t need. Growers luv

That would've been my only guess as well. It's just a little too hot. But they look good and will be fine. As long as they're growing and not getting crispy you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom