please help time constraints!

no199

ok so im relatively new to all this i have a great base of knowledge but not in the electrical dept. i just moved into a nice 2 level condo and i want to use an upstairs room for this. i have old fuses in the house a fusebox with 15 and 20 amp fuses so i know its out of the question BUT there was a second box installed not long ago and it has breakers to run the dryer and a roof warmer. the roof warmer has a 20 amp breaker and the dryer i think is running 2 30s side by side. i didnt want to mess with the dryer but the roof warmer is expendable. if i was running just one 1000 watt hps on a wire ran from the roof warmer breaker to the outlet to plug in the light is that safe? im going to buy good wire and i mean the correct wire for the amps. i know the light is like almost 9 amps at power up im just assuming the 20 amp breaker will be safe while its running. also i might have to run the wire under carpet to conceal it im also assuming that if i have good gauge wire it wont pose an issue. any input would be greatly appreciated i cant seem to find anyone with this similar situation

Re: please help time constraints !

Running a wire under a carpet is against code.
You can use fuses, if your box is legal it's perfectly safe. A 15 amp fuse or breaker with 14awg is good for 12Amps of HID lighting. You can run a 12AWG wire from the 20A breaker but you have to disconnect the roof warmer. Why not just install another breaker?

Re: please help time constraints !

i thought about that but i was just using what i have and i dont need the roof warmer. the wire under the carpet is a concealment issue and i cant really alter the house so ripping out footboards and stuff is really not a plausable option. i basically need to know if i hook up a good strong wire to just a 1000 watt hps if i would have any issues with the breaker box. the old fuses scare me but thankfully someone installed something more modern and im trying to tap into that since rewiring is not an option

Back
Top Bottom