Please help to identify my problem

Scrogdawg

Can anyone identify this problem I'm starting to have? It is from a White Widow photo in day 29 of flower. RDWC system, GH Flora series nutes.
MG_9253.jpg

MG_9248.jpg

If yer using flora series in the correct amounts I'd guess a lockout issue related to PH. According to the charts below it looks like a cal mag issue to me. Both of those uptake in the higher end of the PH range so I'm thinking your PH is too low. Verify your PH is in the correct range and likely raise it a little. Adding some cal mag couldn't hurt but won't make a difference if your PH is too far out to absorb it. It would depend on your water source but when I mix up the flora series I end up around 5 with tap water and have to bring it up a bit. Keep in mind when you get it fixed the sickly leaves won't get better. Look at new growth for signs u are good.

Thanks for the information Kipp22. I was also thinking a calcium issue looking at deficiency charts earlier today. I had been using Cal/Mg very lightly as my tap water is about 200ppm. I did a reservoir change this morning and added Cal/Mg as directed on the bottle.

As far as ph goes, I think the chart you gave me is for a soil grow and I use RDWC. My ph has been stable at 5.8 which I believe is right in the wheel house for hydro.

Thanks again for the help, a second opinion goes a long way.

If yer using flora series in the correct amounts I'd guess a lockout issue related to PH. According to the charts below it looks like a cal mag issue to me. Both of those uptake in the higher end of the PH range so I'm thinking your PH is too low. Verify your PH is in the correct range and likely raise it a little. Adding some cal mag couldn't hurt but won't make a difference if your PH is too far out to absorb it. It would depend on your water source but when I mix up the flora series I end up around 5 with tap water and have to bring it up a bit. Keep in mind when you get it fixed the sickly leaves won't get better. Look at new growth for signs u are good.
Thanks for that uptake chart kip, I hadn't seen that before.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The reason I was thinking PH is because the flora series assuming its mixed at the right amounts should have everything they need including cal mag. This would indicate something else. PH or maybe temps. I'm not sure how exact your PH measurement tool is but maybe float it a little higher sometimes. I'm not a hydro guy yet but most people recommend floating PH in a range for soil grows to allow the plant to uptake different nutrients better. The PH range for hydro is a little lower but still a range with a similar uptake chart all the same.

I use the Growboss PH, PPM, EC, Temp monitor. I calibrated it this morning and ph was right on at 7 and off by .1 at 4. The ppm was also bang on at 1000. You could be right about the flora series having the cal and mg in it but I'm only mixing at 40% of they're recipe so I still believe calcium to be the problem.

Thanks again for the help, if you think of anything else please let me know.

Here's a picture of the meter and ph chart I use.
MG_8942.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1530096902.jpg

Back
Top Bottom