Please help! What is wrong with my plant? Hooking and canoeing?

Floki88

Hello, I've been doing some research online but have been reading different things and would like someone to give me a real answer and advice and remedy for my problem. My garden has 5 plants, all look good as you can see in the whole garden pic except one. My widow has terrible curling leaves and I'm Not sure why, when all other plants have no issue. You can see in pics but my leaves are curling bad to almost looking like a fish hook or something, along with sides rolled in sort of like an upside down canoe. What causes this? How can I fix it? P.S.A... IN HAPPY FROG SOIL, IN FLOWERING STAGE, USING ONLY THE FOX FARM TIGER BLOOM AND BIG BLOOM EVERY OTHER WATERING. doesn't seem to show any other defects or problems but I don't like seeing issues. Anyone have suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_113531_2.jpg
    IMG_20200926_113531_2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20200926_113403_0.jpg
    IMG_20200926_113403_0.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20200926_113134_7.jpg
    IMG_20200926_113134_7.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20200926_113031_4.jpg
    IMG_20200926_113031_4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Wind burn could make sense I didn't think of that, I guess that could explain too why it's only them top leaves, no others on the plant are affected

Hello, I've been doing some research online but have been reading different things and would like someone to give me a real answer and advice and remedy for my problem. My garden has 5 plants, all look good as you can see in the whole garden pic except one. My widow has terrible curling leaves and I'm Not sure why, when all other plants have no issue. You can see in pics but my leaves are curling bad to almost looking like a fish hook or something, along with sides rolled in sort of like an upside down canoe. What causes this? How can I fix it? P.S.A... IN HAPPY FROG SOIL, IN FLOWERING STAGE, USING ONLY THE FOX FARM TIGER BLOOM AND BIG BLOOM EVERY OTHER WATERING. doesn't seem to show any other defects or problems but I don't like seeing issues. Anyone have suggestions?
I grow some Indicas (Amnesia) that do that, every single time. In my case it’s normal and there are no negative effects to the plant. The Sativas growing next to them don’t do it, so I can’t say it’s environmental, as it only affects the Indicas, and just the tops. Keep a close eye on them,

I grow some Indicas (Amnesia) that do that, every single time. In my case it’s normal and there are no negative effects to the plant. The Sativas growing next to them don’t do it, so I can’t say it’s environmental, as it only affects the Indicas, and just the tops. Keep a close eye on them,
Correction: My SATIVAS are the ones that show the canoeing and downward drift.

This is a white widow plant. I have 2 widows and 2 peyote gorillas and a random bag seed plant that makes up my garden. All started right about the same time hence they are all about the same size.. but it's only the one widow that's doing it do I don't see me overfeeding it or overwatering it as they all get roughly the same amount and the other 4 are thriving. I mean anything is possible I just don't see how two plants, same strain, same age, same feeding schedule and amount being fed and watered can cause toxicity in one and not the other. I'm not an expert tho so like I said I suppose it's possible. Lights are the recommended 18 inches from the tops.. or was it 16? Either way I measure every few days and keep lights at recommended height in their manual. I moved the fan away last night as recommended by the early answers on this post and will check plant again when I get home from work and see if it's improved at all. Leaves will straighten out once problem is fixed won't they? Or they forever like that?

Also, sorry to go off topic a little but I meant to ask yesterday.. is it a problem to have very shiny leaves? My one gorilla is in full on flower and I've noticed it's leaves are veerryy shiny and it's the only one like that too. You can see them in bottom right corner of garden pic but i will post an edited screen shot of the pic to better show what im talking about

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-141430.png
    Screenshot_20200927-141430.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
Hi @Floki88 and welcome to the forum!

When you water after the top inch or two dries out, as mentioned above, the bottom is still wet. The bottom feeder roots have been underwater since you started doing this, and they are now dying. That curl is the leaves pointing to the roots, pleading with you to stop doing what you are doing. The shininess, the red stems and the tip burns say you are giving too strong of nutes, with a strong hint that it is too much N that they are seeing.

Stop watering so often. They only way you can overwater these plants is by watering too often. You can't give too much water in any one watering, but you can certainly keep the bottom of your container waterlogged. Let your plants dry out between waterings or all of your plants are soon going to suffer. White Widow is a moderately hard plant to grow correctly, so of course she is complaining first, but I suspect that all of your plants are soon going to show signs of this abuse too.

Please read my article on how to properly water, and please learn the lift method.

Back
Top Bottom