Please help with mold question and spraying

dropabob

Hi,
this is my first grow and one of my friends that was over looking at my plants had noticed how dry the leaves were and recommended misting the leaves to keep them moist. Anyway, im about 4 weeks into flower and have been doing that for about the last week and now i notice the smell is a bit different so im wondering if my buddies advice has cost me my plants? I see no evidence of mold and if its starting, can i stop it? any recommendations? Also, seems like misting your plants is a good idea no? Any thoughts?

thanks again

Misting is not a good idea when the plants are budding...Don't mist them anymore and make sure you have air blowing on them...

Misting or foliar is a great idea in the veg stage....

Hi,
this is my first grow and one of my friends that was over looking at my plants had noticed how dry the leaves were and recommended misting the leaves to keep them moist. Anyway, im about 4 weeks into flower and have been doing that for about the last week and now i notice the smell is a bit different so im wondering if my buddies advice has cost me my plants? I see no evidence of mold and if its starting, can i stop it? any recommendations? Also, seems like misting your plants is a good idea no? Any thoughts?

thanks again
If your leaves are dried out you more than likely have a heat problem and all the misting in the world will not correct that. Plants transpire (sweat) to control moisture levels and heat can dry up the sweat too quickly causing a leathery looking leaf. Too much wind or fan can caused the same symptoms. What are the temps of your room and how much ventilation are you running?

If your leaves are dried out you more than likely have a heat problem and all the misting in the world will not correct that. Plants transpire (sweat) to control moisture levels and heat can dry up the sweat too quickly causing a leathery looking leaf. Too much wind or fan can caused the same symptoms. What are the temps of your room and how much ventilation are you running?

hi,
again, im a new be so please forgive. This all sorta corisponds to about the same time i moved my fan(blowing on the top half of the plants)to the same 12 on and 12 off that my lights were on. Also, i did the same to my vent fan. Thinking,if the lights werent on, i would be alright, that was only for about 3 days, looking them over now, they still look good, and i see no signs of mold but... anyway, i got the fan and exhaust going full time again, do others run both a vent fan and blower fan all day?24 hrs?

thanks again.

i agre with Be IRIE here,i shut down a few fans in the 12 hours of dark with a timer,but allways run the fan for the intake and exhaust 24/7

Back
Top Bottom