Please help with my grow cabinet! Noob!

Kushkush13

Hey there and thanks for looking. Ok so my cabinet is framed out of 2x2 with 1/4 inch ply wood as the walls ect. So far I have 2 t5 36 in lights going to put them vertically in the corners I might get 1 for each corner. And I have 4 sun blaster compact fluorescent lights. There all 6400k full spectrum. Is this lighting good for my set up? 25 inches wide, 13 inches deep, 48 inches tall! I haven't figures out fans or filters yet. And I think I'm going to go with soil either pro mix or peet moss!! Please help!! Cheers

Re: Please help with my grow cabinet!! NOOB!!

Will the 2 t5 and 4 light bulbs be enough? About 11 600 lumens at 9 sqft. Could you recommend some intakes and exhaust with odour control

If you look through the guides most basic information will be found. Those lights will be sufficient but might want to add more red in bloom for extra yield. Small carbon filter/ odor sock or ona gel for the smell and youll have to figure out how far the air needs to be pulled and pushed then buy a fan accordingly, also your climate needs to be taken into account. I run my fans at lower speeds during colder months making it easy to deal wuth summer, can just crank the fans up (all this stuff in guides anyway:thumb:). Gl with your grow.

If you look through the guides most basic information will be found. Those lights will be sufficient but might want to add more red in bloom for extra yield. Small carbon filter/ odor sock or ona gel for the smell and youll have to figure out how far the air needs to be pulled and pushed then buy a fan accordingly, also your climate needs to be taken into account. I run my fans at lower speeds during colder months making it easy to deal wuth summer, can just crank the fans up (all this stuff in guides anyway:thumb:). Gl with your grow.

Yea I think I'm just going to get a normal PC fan and hook it from ac to dc. Will it be a problem my lights run verticle?

From my limited experience i would say it wont be a problem as long as the intensity of the bulbs above the canopy is higher than the side lighting otherwise the plants wont know which direction to grow in, seeing as the t5's are too long to run above the canopy in your space your not left with much option if u want to use them i personally wouldn't buy another 2 unless can get them cheap, maybe see how this grow goes and if need more light invest in more cfls (or more watts of cfl) or a Led to add into the mix that will still work above the canopy. gl

Yea the sides will have more power. 1 t5 is 4000 lumens that's more then all the CFls. The t5 will be hung 12 inches off the ground. So it will reach to the roof of the box.

Back
Top Bottom