Please help

TenaciousKiM

Ok you guys... here we go!

This is a question I would normally call and ask my dad about but since he might not approve on what am doing he might go insane and flip out on me lol.

Ok......... So am gathering up all my supplies am gonna need for my indoor garden and I just received my ballast and socket (which I bought separately).
The ballast is a 400 watt switchable from Mh to HPS
Amazon: 400 Watt Electronic Digital Switchable Grow Light Ballast Works on 400w HPS, MH Bulbs, Gyo2002ballast

1667446379689.png

And here's the socket I purchased:
Amazon: Mogul Base Porcelain Socket

1667446411078.png

The ballast comes complete with the power cord and light cord.. so my confusion comes from the fact that the wiring coming out of the socket has a black & white wire. Now the input part of the ballast light cord has a little screw that you can take of and place the wires, but I have no idea how to connect them...... I mean does black go right? does white got left? or vise versa? I'm totally lost because it has no instructions on how to connect them.

But I can tell you guys this much.
The right & left side of the light cord plug where the two little screws are have an "N" and a "L"

Thanks ya'll

Ok so I guess nobody was able to help me out so I got my friend to call my dad so he can ask him what wires go with what.

So we just finished hooking up the wires and it works perfectly. I swear I can put that light up outside and it will light up the entire neighborhood!

Don't ask me the why and how because I wouldn't be able to explain it to ya'll..... this is what my dad told my friend "N" is for the white and "L" is for the black wire just for future references for anyone who didn't receive the instructions having the same problem I did.

Ok you guys... here we go!

This is a question I would normally call and ask my dad about but since he might not approve on what am doing he might go insane and flip out on me lol.

Ok......... So am gathering up all my supplies am gonna need for my indoor garden and I just received my ballast and socket (which I bought separately).
The ballast is a 400 watt switchable from Mh to HPS
Amazon: 400 Watt Electronic Digital Switchable Grow Light Ballast Works on 400w HPS, MH Bulbs, Gyo2002ballast

And here's the socket I purchased:
Amazon: Mogul Base Porcelain Socket

The ballast comes complete with the power cord and light cord.. so my confusion comes from the fact that the wiring coming out of the socket has a black & white wire. Now the input part of the ballast light cord has a little screw that you can take of and place the wires, but I have no idea how to connect them...... I mean does black go right? does white got left? or vise versa? I'm totally lost because it has no instructions on how to connect them.

But I can tell you guys this much.
The right & left side of the light cord plug where the two little screws are have an "N" and a "L"

Thanks ya'll

Sorry that no one responded to your question. 5:00 is kinda a dead time on the boards. Glad to see that you got the help you needed...:)

Back
Top Bottom