Please Help

allears

I am a total novice to all of this and only plan on doing it a couple of times so if possible I would like to do the best I can, with a little help (or may be a lot :helpsmilie:). My Mum suffers with a pretty harsh form of Arthritis so it's a case of getting it right over the first couple of grows, then packing up until it is needed again.

If my plan below is total rubbish please let me know I will not be offended, I really would appreciate any help.

Ok so this is my plan:

10 germinated seeds into pre-soaked 1in Rockwool cubes (pre-soaked in RO water at 5.8 ph and 3ml per litre of Formulex)

The cubes into an X-Stream Aeroponic Propagator, with a 3ml per litre Formulex solution in the tank.

The Propagator will be placed in a 50cm x 80cm cupboard with a Lightwave T5 four tube 24w light, this light is installed with cool daylight tubes and gives off 6,600 lumens, on 24 hrs.

I plan to keep these plants in the Propagator for 2 weeks from sprout.

The cubes will then be put into 3inch x 3inch cubes and transferred to a NFT system 56cm x 34.5cm keeping the T5 light above 20hrs on 4hrs off. I am using Canadian Xpress Pro Package and plan to use half the recommended solution for the first week and step up to full potency for the next 2 weeks, and change the lights to 18/6.

I will then choose the 6 nicest plants and place them into 6, 15 litre Air-Pot pots part of an RTA Dripper system, filled with Bio Bizz Coco,. This system is in a tent L 1.5m x W 1.5m x H 2m with a HPS lamp on an adjustable ballast.

Week 1 & 2 in the tent 600w HPS on 12/12.

Week 3,4, 5 & 6, 1000w 12/12.

Week 7 & 8 1100w boost 11/13.

I will be following my Canadian Xpress Pro nute guide for the grow, oh and apart from prop time I will be using Ph adjusted (6-6.5) rainwater.

I understand there are many more variables to consider, but I'm really hoping I've got the general idea right, the time scales are worked out from the type of seeds I've chosen. I guess my main questions at the moment are; is the lightwave T5 enough for veg or should I invest in a CLF 250w blue lamp & should I use coco or clay pebbles?? Oh and is the plan any good :)?

Just one more question, this plan has come about due to a pretty poor first attempt, I currently have 5 plants in my tent, these seeds were planted 4 weeks ago today and transferred to pots with nutes, under a 600w metal halide lamp 2days ago, each plant stands about 10cm tall and they all bar one have yellow lower leaves, should I give up and start again?

Many thanks in advance,

Back
Top Bottom