Please Help!

Known

I have made 2 grows before everything was ok. I changed the soil in this one and ofcourse the seeds.

Plants 30 days old since head up in soil.

600w metal halide

Temps are very good at 27c light on and 24c light off.

I notice that the pots dont dry out easily.

Soil was very hot from the begining with EC 3!

I also made some feedings of 0.3 EC nute but i have stopped them now and using plain phed ro water.

I made a flush yesterday to bring down the soil EC using phed 6.5 ro water.

Plants have good green color but growing very slow and weird.

Any idea what it could be?

As i said i allready had 2 grows with no such problems!

Light temps nutrients water all under control.

Only thing i can think of is soil.
I added 30% perlite to it but its a local soil first time i use it....

I dont know guys. Can soil make such a difference on veg development?
20200114_090320.jpg
20200114_090140.jpg
20200114_090110.jpg
20200114_090104.jpg
20200114_090049.jpg
20200114_090044.jpg

On the last image, why is the side node stem curling like this? Like it dont have energy to shoot up... I checked the root zone and its nice white and also it filled up the pot. This cant be right. 1 month and 14cm height only!

Ph is 6.3 going in and coming out 6.8

Ph

This cant be right... Its been a month allready... I should continue then with plain phed 6.5 ro water until i see signs of hungriness?

Are they fem or auto? Do you know the strain? Time means absolutely nothing to genetics. Some plants stay short and stout until they're flipped to bloom, and then they explode. Others grow a shit tonne before bloom and then stop growing in bloom entirely.
Seriously, they're doing fine, great foliage, nice and bushy.

I am using nitric acid. Pure nitric i think its 58%, i bought a big bucket of it, 50 litres i think. I mix it with plain water to not be so consetrated.

Im messing with the ph because After aeration my ro water goes from 6.3 to 7.5-8.

I flush but not very much. I used 12 litres water into 10 litre pot.

This soil is very high on EC. And i added some nutes in the beginning. Im not used to this soil. I used to run light mixes soil so i added nutes 7 days after sprout above soil.

Things look well. They growing but not like the previous grows :(

I am trying to make them eat more. I want the roots to dry after 2 days so i can re water them. Being in a high EC soil i think it slows down the root absorbsion.

Soil backround is 3.7 EC!!!!

FML...They picking up i think now. I will know more the next days.

They are photoperiodics. I didnt label the pots but i have gorilla glue, amnesia lemon, amnesia haze, dedoverde haze, gorilla glue #4 and gorilla zkittlez...

I think light mix soil is better because from the beginning you can provide them the chemical nutes that include more specific dosage of ingedients the roots need.

I am using nitric acid. Pure nitric i think its 58%, i bought a big bucket of it, 50 litres i think. I mix it with plain water to not be so consetrated.

Im messing with the ph because After aeration my ro water goes from 6.3 to 7.5-8.

Just use your RO water without aeration.

pH is a measurement of "potential hydrogen"

Do this - aerate your water. pH test it then let it sit over night no aeration and pH test it again. You will find some interesting result.

You can do a 2nd experiment:

Aerate your water and adjust it with your nitric acid, do your pH test. Let that adjusted water sit overnight without aeration and pH test it again in the morning.

You may find your reason for plants not growing as before in your 2nd test result.

@bobrown14 What should i do? I have 2 seeds ready to drop in soil. Soil is plagron light mix. I can buffer my ro water with my tap water to 150ppm to stabilize ph. What ph should my water be? Please help :)

Just use straight up RO water, no need to "buffer" it - not even sure thats a thing.

pH will swing in soil so not sure why you worrying about stabilizing it?

I checked the soil you're using. Its made with soil pH factored in. If you water with RO water you should NOT need to adjust your pH of your water going in.

Did you do the tests I pointed to??

The description of your soil mentions pH testing - did you read what is written on the bag?

I make the tests and i see that RO water Ph drops after some hours when its aerated and phed... I got my lesson....
But i dont understand the soil that the plants are 1 month old gives me ph reading 6.7-6.8 every time i test the run off!!

I will give ph 6.6 from now on to the 1 month plants in the 6.8 soil and hope for some growing....

I really cant figure out what else i should do. Its a psychological war and it hits me hard....

I make another test with Buffered RO+Tap=150ppm (EC0.3) aerated and ph'ed to 6.3 with diluted nitric acid and its still 6.3 after 7 hours...So i think the tap water with the minerals is stabilizing the RO water...

I cant read whats on the bag it has 6 languages all unkown to me...

I did watered 3 litre pot using the plagron light with ph 6.3 and the run off gave me 5.8 if that helps

Ok so your testing soil pH by testing water run off.

Thats not an accurate test. Its also not how soil is pH tested.

pH is a logarithmic scale so any deviation from your test result to actual pH can be very different.

These tests are best done in a lab and pH is not tested in a lab the way you are doing it.

You are over thinking this. All you need to do is water with RO water and you wil be fine you dont need to adjust it with anything.

Likely your pH going into the pot is not what you think it is or what your tests are telling you. Add to that - as long as your water is say 5.5pH - 7.3pH in that range your plants will be fine.

Plants and microorganisms have the ability to change the pH and this is a dynamic event meaning the soil pH is in CONSTANT change depending on what the plants need from the soil with regard to nutrients.

Root Exudate - its a thing and where the pH in the soil is regulated by the plant.

You keep trying to change the pH in hopes your plants will be happier. They will be fine with your RO ONLY water there's nothing in there to affect the pH in the soil. You verified that with your EC test.

I can scoop up some science for you if you''re interested.

The tests I pointed to did not include your tap water. Reason is that tap water has minerals of unknown origin. These minerals in the water will have a pH different from your RO water.

My point for you testing your RO water adjusted and aerated and not adjusted was to show you that the RO water will over time absorb Hydrogen from the air and the pH (potential hydrogen) will change as it sits or aerates. Rain water will do the exact same thing as RO water does. You don't need to worry about "fixing" it.

But if my RO sitting is 6.3 and i add 500 ppm of micro & grow then propably ph will drop to 5.5-5.8...

And soil needs 6.3-6.8 for nutrients...

2 months now my life changed, Miserably...You cant imagine how i feel..
Im tired trying and trying with no results....Worst nightmare

Back
Top Bottom