Please help!

Crecoskie

420 Member
Hey all. New here! Name’s Cam. I started these plants in cups and recently transplanted them into their current home. They are Jack Herer autos. I just got this new light however previously to this I had a small 18” full spectrum light and 2 led fluorescents on them. They were doing very well and then started to yellow like this. A few of them are now brown and looking rather sick. I am reading a whack of info regarding possible light burn, nute deficiency, overwater, underwater etc. Any experienced folks out there can help me diagnose this properly and fix it? I’m using a soilless very good quality potting mix from the hydro store. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
looks like over water n potassium def what i would do let dry and hit with feeding check ur plants water lvls lift ur pot thats how i check my ladys if there heavy still got water make sure good drainage also check ph run off if soiless or coco 5.5-6.5 if i remember good luck sounds like ur playing with lighting too much stick what it likes an put a good fan on her not to close cause wind burn

Screenshot_2020-09-14-07-26-14-1.png
That leaf right there looks like a Magnesium deficiency. There is yellowing between the veins and it is showing up in the older leaves and not the new growth. Magnesium is a mobile nutrient so the plant strips it from the older leaves to put in the new leaves. You say its good hydro soil. Even though, it may be absent of any nutes. I use Epsom Salt at 1 Tbsp / 1 gal of water to green up my little plants. I could be incorrect. I see this a lot in my Bonsai box.

Have you fed these ladies anything yet?

@Bones29 indeed it is. I am not here to plug his book, but it is completely comprehensive. It discusses the incipient legalization, history, strains, breeding, extracts, nutes (organic & hydro), hydro systems, building grow rooms, electrical, green house grows...it's pretty sweet.

Thanks for the quick replies! I’ve attached a pic of the food I’ve given them thus far. But I’ve only used 1/4 strength and only a few feedings. Otherwise I’m lightly watering with rain water. Unfortunately I don’t have a ph tester yet. (Fairly new at this). I would say it’s reasonably dry. If these things are overwatered then I def underestimate what that means. There’s also browning on the first pics leaves throughout a few of the leaves and they feel crackly or crispy. If it were light burn tho wouldn’t I expect that more at the top nearest the source of light? They look perfect up there. My food does t include potassium either.... thanks for the help! Next stop is amazon for a ph tester.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    748.8 KB · Views: 30
According to the 09/13 GWE newsletter "What makes leaves turn yellow". I reckon you can narrow it down.

Root pH
Poor watering practices
Nitrogen Deficiency
Light Burn
Heat Stress/Cold Shock
Magnesium Deficiency
Iron Deficiency
Not Enough Light (Seedlings)
Bugs or Pests
Bud Rot

Also included were pictures of when not to worry about yellow leaves, but I don't know how to show them.

Most of the feedback has been regarding K+ def. I was using a food with insufficient K+ for sure. Here I've attached the new food. Also got a ph tester and my water is right at 6? I got rid of a few of the really bad leaves and gave them a good feed. Question I have: just how moist should I keep the soil? I'm very tempted to give the ladies another feed but certainly do not want to harm them. Any advice is super appreciative. Thanks folks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom