Please help!

OGLou

420 Member
Hi everyone, I’m really hoping someone on here will be able to help me. This is my first grow and Iv hit my first problem, plants will be 3weeks from seedling tomorrow (Sunday). On Thursday I noticed the very tips of the new leafs coming through was a bit pale thought it was light burn as I’m still kind of trying to find that sweet spot for the light so I raised it a bit. Fast forward to today which il post pics of and it’s got worse! I’m now questioning wind burn as the one nearest to the fan is the worst one, so Iv now rotated them but I also started feeding them last Sunday and wondering if it’s nute burn but I did put minimal amount of nutes into the water just to ease the plants in. I have cal mag coming Tuesday as that was ordered yesterday as a “just in case” I need it but do u guys think I may need it sooner then Tuesday to save my babies? They don’t seem to have slowed down growing though, il post a pic from Thursday first then the rest that follow are from today. All advice and criticism welcome, just hope u guys can help save them. Thank you
Ps they are OG Kush autos

1F78B32C-6B3D-4BFC-ACB5-35B886201704.jpeg

6685BE27-6391-47DD-85CE-E8950089CDE0.jpeg

02874F6C-07EE-469C-B549-323135A1A953.jpeg

1A7B54AE-0A2A-4AE9-8E4B-B35B600B7743.jpeg

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I did mean to put in the post not to take notice of the white specs as I know what that is and have sorted that. I was using tap water in my humidifier not knowing I shouldn’t use it and that started to happen so Iv now taken that out and gave it a good clean and distilled water now. I just have got round to getting it off the leaves was hoping it would just blow off instead of me damaging them with my fingers. Thank you for your reply

couple of hot tips , what is the soil you use ? its a tiny little bit hot so just keep an eye on that , 3 weeks old is still the danger zone for hot soil and seedlings , saying that it looks like its just outgrown it and the plant is settling in now :thumb: ,
yes as said above check for pests :cheesygrinsmiley:

couple of hot tips , what is the soil you use ? its a tiny little bit hot so just keep an eye on that , 3 weeks old is still the danger zone for hot soil and seedlings , saying that it looks like its just outgrown it and the plant is settling in now :thumb: ,
yes as said above check for pests :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hi thanks for ur reply. I’m in 14 litre pots using biobizz light mix. That could well be a factor as it was the one closest to the heat source that was the worse one! I will check for pests but can almost say I’m certain there isn’t a problem there, like I said I’m my reply them white specs are from the humidifier and me using tap water in that. I will definitely relax a bit now as Iv posted on 2 forums and all replies have pretty much said don’t worry. Thanks again

Hi thanks for ur reply. I’m in 14 litre pots using biobizz light mix. That could well be a factor as it was the one closest to the heat source that was the worse one! I will check for pests but can almost say I’m certain there isn’t a problem there, like I said I’m my reply them white specs are from the humidifier and me using tap water in that. I will definitely relax a bit now as Iv posted on 2 forums and all replies have pretty much said don’t worry. Thanks ag
Welcome to 420 Lou. At 1st glance I was thinking Water or Nutrient splash in the leaves. All I see is spots & no trails like with mites. They're also white spots & not the yellowish / brown.
But if Em says spider mites it very well could be. She's really good at this stuff so I have a hard time doubting her.
She was right when everybody else was wrong during a grow I had.

Welcome to 420 Lou. At 1st glance I was thinking Water or Nutrient splash in the leaves. All I see is spots & no trails like with mites. They're also white spots & not the yellowish / brown.
But if Em says spider mites it very well could be. She's really good at this stuff so I have a hard time doubting her.
She was right when everybody else was wrong during a grow I had.
Hi, thanks for the welcome. Like I said tho I’m 99% sure I have sorted that problem of the white specs. I’m not doubting Em and do appreciate every comment and advice just it looks exactly like what was round my humidifier when I cleaned it and my fan is directly above the humidifier which also had white specs on it and I could actually see them getting blown off the fan? I may well still be wrong tho as I’m very inexperienced cos this is my first grow.
thanks again

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Like I said tho I’m 99% sure I have sorted that problem of the white specs. I’m not doubting Em and do appreciate every comment and advice just it looks exactly like what was round my humidifier when I cleaned it and my fan is directly above the humidifier which also had white specs on it and I could actually see them getting blown off the fan? I may well still be wrong tho as I’m very inexperienced cos this is my first grow.
thanks again
If the spots wash off it's not mites. TBH at a quick glance I thought of white flies if it wasn't water spots.

Hey OG,

Welcone to forums at 420.

Here is my problem, you admit that you are very new and inexperienced, yet you are certain the spots are from water. The 3 ahead of me are some of the most skilled growers on this site, I’m not buying it... the pics in no way resemble water spots. Agree the plant does not look damaged at this point but there are too many white spots to ignore. Aphids, white flies, mites, little elves... something is going on.

Please understand I don’t mean for this to sound harsh -ok not my intent at all. For example when aphids mature they shed their old carcass skin on your plant leaves and debris or white spots are left behind. I would be looking into this with great interests.

Use a pieces of scotch tape to capture and lift off a few examples and put it under a loupe or pocket microscope. If you don’t have loupe or pocket scope then download smartphone app called magnifyer. Zoom up on the spots and get a few pics to post here

End of rant!

Alright dude or dudette - welcome aboard!!!

If the spots wash off it's not mites. TBH at a quick glance I thought of white flies if it wasn't water spots.
Yh I can brush them off I just haven’t yet as I’m worried about bruising my leafs with my clumsy fingers. Just thought it would blow off in time with the fan?

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I did mean to put in the post not to take notice of the white specs as I know what that is and have sorted that. I was using tap water in my humidifier not knowing I shouldn’t use it and that started to happen so Iv now taken that out and gave it a good clean and distilled water now. I just have got round to getting it off the leaves was hoping it would just blow off instead of me damaging them with my fingers. Thank you for your reply
Welcome to 420 Lou.
Can you post some new photos after you washed off the white spots ?
Why would u be concerned about using tap water in your humidifier ?

Hey OG,

Welcone to forums at 420.

Here is my problem, you admit that you are very new and inexperienced, yet you are certain the spots are from water. The 3 ahead of me are some of the most skilled growers on this site, I’m not buying it... the pics in no way resemble water spots. Agree the plant does not look damaged at this point but there are too many white spots to ignore. Aphids, white flies, mites, little elves... something is going on.

use a pieces of scotch tape to capture and lift off a few examples and put it under a loupe or pocket microscope. If you don’t have loupe or scope the download smartphone app called magnifyer. Zoom up on the spots and get a pic to post here
Hi, I am new and inexperienced to that yes but they only reason I’m saying I’m certain is that what is on the leaves looks exactly like the same stuff that was on the outside of my humidifier where water had been and also on the inside of the humidifier where the water comes out also it’s on my fan which is located directly above the humidifier which is how I’m guessing it’s got on the plants. I don’t know what tap water is like where u live but here where I am in the UK can be very hard and I’m guessing it’s just limescale or something like that. It’s my own fault as I shouldn’t of used tap water it should be distilled water in the humidifier. Thank you for taking the time out to comment though much appreciated

@OGLou Honestly fella, I'd take what everyone above me posted seriously as they all are in fact extremely experienced...

Use a spray bottle, wash the leaves off.
Take new photos and post them.

Personally I'd be surprised IF you didn't have a bug/pest issue going on...

Your photos don't show water spots...

At best id say dust from pearlight OR pests.

Everyone wants to ensure they give you the best advise...

Welcome to 420 Lou.
Can you post some new photos after you washed off the white spots ?
Why would u be concerned about using tap water in your humidifier ?
Yh of course, won’t be till later though.
only cos tap water is quite hard where I am and when I saw all the white dust/residue I looked up whether I should use tap water and it said it should be distilled or di-mineralised

Hi, I am new and inexperienced to that yes but they only reason I’m saying I’m certain is that what is on the leaves looks exactly like the same stuff that was on the outside of my humidifier where water had been and also on the inside of the humidifier where the water comes out also it’s on my fan which is located directly above the humidifier which is how I’m guessing it’s got on the plants. I don’t know what tap water is like where u live but here where I am in the UK can be very hard and I’m guessing it’s just limescale or something like that. It’s my own fault as I shouldn’t of used tap water it should be distilled water in the humidifier. Thank you for taking the time out to comment though much appreciated
I live in a city built on limestone and my water is full of calcium to the point I need to use bottled water for my plants... I can tell you from experience using a vaporizer and tap water, Calcium or limestone/limescale does not become airborne, even its bone dry...

@OGLou Honestly fella, I'd take what everyone above me posted seriously as they all are in fact extremely experienced...

Use a spray bottle, wash the leaves off.
Take new photos and post them.

Personally I'd be surprised IF you didn't have a bug/pest issue going on...

Your photos don't show water spots...

At best id say dust from pearlight OR pests.

Everyone wants to ensure they give you the best advise...
Mate I do appreciate what everyone is saying big time only reason I’m saying what I’m saying is the fact I can see where it’s coming from. I will dust it off and take some pics later.

Mate I do appreciate what everyone is saying big time only reason I’m saying what I’m saying is the fact I can see where it’s coming from. I will dust it off and take some pics later.
Hmm, did you wash your humidifier with soap or filled it with something that was used for soap ? Maybe soap bubbles as just a wild ass guess if it isn't pests. If so I guess you have WPM under control.

I clearly read your explanation of hard water on both the first and second times you iterated it and I did not have any gaps in understanding what you described. So in spite of you saying it’s hard water and all over the humidifier.... I’m still strongly disagreeing, look - I don’t care if I’m right or wrong - that shit don’t matter to me.

Generally speaking if it were a hard water problem the leaves would resemble very faint patches of white pm across a large area like a stain. To me the pics in no way resemble faint patches of white pm in a stain pattern, there are obvious specks of whiteish debris on the leaves, could be perlite but unless you are sprinkling perlite directly above the plant since it has grown up - then I don’t see that as a possibility. Regardless of what is going on - not trying to insult you, I’ve been wrong many times before and have no probs with it....

but I've said my piece and sure hope you get it sorted!! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom