Please help

Louiebee123

420 Member
Hi I've recently started a hydroponic grow and I've been hand feeding until now. I just connected a drip irrigation system but for the life of me I don't understand how it keeps dripping. I have a chemical res and a pump inside thats connected to 4mm tubing that goes to my 4 babies. They are about 20cm tall right now. I connected everything up and the pump runs off a timer and the timer turned off after its allocated 8 minute fast drip. I'm feeding them 800ml twice a day. Anyhow after the pump turned off it kept dripping so I restricted the valves to slow it down and I out this to water still being in the lines. So I waited and waited but it never stopped. I can only put this to the pipe and water started pressure and the more water coming out at the plants end started a vacuum and now its feeding itself. I understand people will say a 24 hr drip is better and will work better but I want to understand why this is happening. Can someone please explain

You have started a syphon in your lines. As long as the outlet is lower the the level of your res. then the flow will continue until the res is empty. Raise the outlet of your drip system above the res. level and that should solve your problem. Hope this helps.
So should I place my res tank on the floor? As my res is on a stand that sits inside of my waste tank as I haven't got much room to play with.
I tried to run the 4mml tubing up the wall of my tent and back down to try play with what I had going on

Back
Top Bottom