Please identify this bug

They look like a type of aphid to me, the ants farm them and place them in the tender places where the can gorge, then the ants milk the aphids. It's a symbiotic relationship.
Spray them off with some soapy water as suggested, I spray them off with a hose when they attack my raspberry plants in summer. lol.

good luck

Let me add that they have 8 legs like spiders.

edit:

maybe they do have 6 legs. two of those in the front maybe antennas.

Let me add that they have 8 legs like spiders.

but there are no signs of web

They look like a type of aphid to me, the ants farm them and place them in the tender places where the can gorge, then the ants milk the aphids. It's a symbiotic relationship.
Spray them off with some soapy water as suggested, I spray them off with a hose when they attack my raspberry plants in summer. lol.

good luck

I believe aphids have 6 legs though, and these critters have 8 of them.

edit: they may be aphids, two of those what appear to be legs maybe antennas.

did you try the soap , better getting rid now than guessing and them laying eggs larva etc and then millions lol

Thanks for staying in touch, Yesterday I sprayed garlic water (as you suggested) and today I saw 50% less bugs but today I was not in good health therefore have not done anything with them but hopefully will spray soap tomorrow followed by another garlic treatment

Edit: btw there were either less of them or probably they were sitting far from each other but whatever it is that garlic spray definitely did something to them, thanks for the great tip

@Pyr0 @TheNuttyProfessor @TurboBucket

UPDATE
Yesterday I sprayed my plants with dish soap and today I saw further decrease in bug count and now I can see only 20% remaining ....

Also I saw a clear improvement in color of leaves because just before treatment the leaves were light green but today their color was close to dark healthy green color ...

thanks to all who provided these great tips they worked magically ....

@Pyr0 @TheNuttyProfessor @TurboBucket

UPDATE
Yesterday I sprayed my plants with dish soap and today I saw further decrease in bug count and now I can see only 20% remaining ....

Also I saw a clear improvement in color of leaves because just before treatment the leaves were light green but today their color was close to dark healthy green color ...

thanks to all who provided these great tips they worked magically ....

Good news, make sure the ants don't bring them back, if they do try putting vaseline on the stems to prevent them climbing up, or that sticky barrier tape.

Good news, make sure the ants don't bring them back, if they do try putting vaseline on the stems to prevent them climbing up, or that sticky barrier tape.

thanks for this tip ... you are right I have already started seeing new wave of bugs with ants .... I will do it tomorrow .... will update my results here ...

Back
Top Bottom