Please look at my baby: Blueberry Cookies

Introduce it to the LED light you have immediately looks like you have some stretching. Let the soil dry out to where it is dry up the the knuckle on your index finger is a good rule of when to water. Usually 5 to 7 days for every watering. I recommend using half the recommended fox farms trio serving I use a 1/4 tsp per gallon of water using cha ching, open sesame, and beastie blooms. ( Don't use all 3 at the same time
Hey Dewbie :ciao: I see you've been here since 2010...So :hmmmm: ...No offense but not only do you need glasses cuz Astro's plant has some pretty tight nodes :thumb: but also that sticking your finger in the soil thing...only gets your fingers dirty...you could still have water at the bottom and if not allowed to dry out thoroughly it will develop root rot o_Oo_Oo_O
...........So hey Astro she looks good man :thumb: keep doing what you're doing :snowboating:

No worries stoneotter, the stem was purple then it’s skin started to split.....is that normal? The plant is growing a noticeable amount everyday. when should I top the plant and when should I start LTS. Thanks in advance.
:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::rofl::rofl::rofl: I was worried till I saw the pic...some of mine get that purple look too...their feeding :morenutes:and I think the "skin splitting" thing is just your cotyledons coming off...that's normal...

Its a little stretched you have to admit that. I'm not going to argue about when to water wasn't telling you how to do it. I could care less if you piss in it every other week.
I don't argue with people... :hmmmm: ...I just try to explain why I'm right :rofl::rofl: ......and I'm not worried about me...I'm worried about someone giving "bad" info to a new grower after they have gotten on the right track...kinda defeats the purpose of him getting help :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Its a little stretched you have to admit that. I'm not going to argue about when to water wasn't telling you how to do it. I could care less if you piss in it every other week.
I’m not trying to be a jerk but my nodes are tight and making it a pain in the ass to count...so if I’m stretching her I’m wondering what your seeing. I’m assuming she split due to rapid growth after transplant.

I was refering to the picture on page 1 the 2nd page pictures look fine between nodes. I thought the seedling looked stretched. Everything Looks good to me.

I’m not trying to be a jerk but my nodes are tight and making it a pain in the ass to count...so if I’m stretching her I’m wondering what your seeing. I’m assuming she split due to rapid growth after transplant.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Not everyone gives good advice Astro :hmmmm: mine sucks sometimes too :rofl: I learn new things all the time and am open to the possibility I may be wrong...live and learn my friend...that's what makes life great :thumb:

@Dewbie , sorry babe, but you are clearly not the watering expert you think you are. First, you identified yourself as a knuckle waterer, and any experienced grower of weeds knows that yours is a quick way to kill a potted weed if you allow water to pool in the bottom. This advice that you just gave has killed more new gardens of weeds than any other out there, and I have made it my life's mission to teach people that there is a better way.
You did try to tell him how to do it by the way... and you gave bad advice. Your advice showed no comprehension of how to properly water at all, why it is important to saturate the container, nor of how to manage a wet/dry cycle.
We can forgive you for that, for you are new. But lets try to be civil to our fellow gardeners, shall we? You are new here, and no one is going to see you as an expert until you earn that distinction. There is no cause to get so pissy with your responses if someone calls you out and please don't do likewise with me.

I never claimed to be an expert i just put what works for me. Never had any problems doing that method. Didnt realize people were going to get upset.

Quick pic of her nodes

Attachments

• ADF21913-BE6B-4AFE-B2A8-C5854D4CBBDA.jpeg
    ADF21913-BE6B-4AFE-B2A8-C5854D4CBBDA.jpeg
    462.2 KB · Views: 100
I never claimed to be an expert i just put what works for me. Never had any problems doing that method. Didnt realize people were going to get upset.
I'm not an expert either :ciao: ...I've been growing since late '07 early '08...and I used to do the finger method...well cuz that's what I learned "at the time" ...but since then I've been chastised by @Emilya for telling people to do that same thing...and you know what...she was right...I had good results too...but now they're better...so peace brother/sister we're all her to help and learn...constructive criticism is my teacher :thumb:

EDIT: @Emilya...I meant that with all respect (the chastising) because you were right :hug:

It is ok Dewbie... I just wanted you to realize that someone else, with a different sized container, a different soil, and less of a feel as to how much to water at a time, most likely would not get the results that you do.... especially a new grower. It is for this reason alone that this kind of universal advice can be harmful. This is why my watering method has become a sort of a standard in the cannabis world... because it works every time; it is universal. Same thing with the advice about 1/2 strength nutes... it just depends on the garden. My gardens have always thrived with full strength nutes... and there is a reason for that.
Let's start again... Hi Dewbie! I am very pleased to meet you! :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom