Please tell me I’m looking at a girl

Old OZ

First seed in along time grew balls don’t want to miss a early ID this time

4D7716F7-B4B4-40D3-9837-D157FAFBF555.jpeg

I don't see a male, yet.

My gut is telling me it's a boy simply because of the shape of the pre-flower. It's a crab claw on the right and that in my years of only growing and breeding with regs is male. Won't hurt to give it a few days so you can get a better look. If you have a loupe it might help you get a better feel for what I am trying to say. Stalk or crab claw is male. Tear drop or pointed female. Fingers crossed I'm am wrong and please do update.

My gut is telling me it's a boy simply because of the shape of the pre-flower. It's a crab claw on the right and that in my years of only growing and breeding with regs is male. Won't hurt to give it a few days so you can get a better look. If you have a loupe it might help you get a better feel for what I am trying to say. Stalk or crab claw is male. Tear drop or pointed female. Fingers crossed I'm am wrong and please do update.
Thx for your reply @Lerugged, hopefully your wrong:oops: have a loupe coming in the mail it must have got lost as it should have been here by now…would be handy about now.

Interesting theory @Lerugged. Never came across that before. Something I will keep an eye out for. If it pans out, it sure will save a lot of wasted effort.

At first it looks like new growth, except we know that new growth doesn't come from this part. It's already growing from the node. Female pre flower looks like a droplet shape not new growth. In my experience that is . Just had two of them this spring and I tried denying it but after a couple of weeks one showed male and the other was a herm.

Back
Top Bottom