Pls Help: Not sure if Magnesium defiency, heat or undewatering

billjonston

Hi,

I a bit of a newbee, got some clones about about a week and a half ago they have grown pretty well in that time(we can't ,well its hard to get seeds here). However, the edges of the leaves on both my plants have started to curl up (see pics below) and some leaves are a bit yellow. From what I can gather from other posts & the growers guide (which by the way is super helpful) it seems like it could be a Magnesium defiency which could be the case cause I did have the PH a litle high to start with like 6.3, I have since lowered to 5.8/5.9 to prevent lockout of Magnesium, also I dont think my nutreint contains magnesium (its called "A&B Organic" Hydroponic grade organic plant food, theres bottle A and Bottle B) I was told to put in a bit less than the bottle says which is 5ml per 1L for both A & B (i have 50 litres in the resivour so 50 x 5 = 250) i have been puting in 200ml for each bottle(both bottles seem to only contain N, P, K no Magnesium). Also my growroom is a bit hot at the moment as the extractor fan is not vented to outside yet, just gota get some ducting to fix this. I have a deskfan and extracctor fan venting to the other half of the room my growrooms in, the temp in the grow room is about 25-28 deg but this is pretty good compared to the temps outside in the sun which are 30 -35degC. what are the symtoms of heat stress? But then I saw the photo in the "Cannibis problem solver - pictorial" the one regarding underwatering, what I got sort looks like this but mines way not as bad (just the edges of the leaves curling up). I have attached a few pictures, just wana know if this could be mg defiency or heat stress? Can anyone also recommed a nutreint solution that contains all the required nutreients.

Any comments would be much appreciated. Cheers

Details are as follows:

Light (600w HPS)
Drip system 4L per hr x 2 on each plant.
PH 5.9 (was 6.3)
EC 2.0 (around 1.9 - 2.1)
Nutrient solution: A & B Organic
Growing Medium: Expanded Clay
Temp: (approx 28 deg in the grow room). Its bloody hot here in summer (30-35degC for the last few months nearly everyday outside, record breaking temperatures).

Pitures Below:

:bong:

rsz_dscn0887.jpg

rsz_dscn0899.jpg

rsz_dscn0900.jpg

rsz_dscn0884.jpg

I think its algea on the top of the growwool the plants in, should I cover the growwool that the plants in with somthing to blockout the light maybe? I thought not to remove the plants from the growwool they came in cause there was roots all though which would have been damaged.

At first look, I would venture to say that that IS heat stress... you see the way teh leaves are curling up... the plant is trying to keep what H20 it has, thus the cupping of the leave sides!

82 is also a bit warm if it is kept there constantly... also, you may consider a hygrometer if you don't have one, that will show you your temp and relative humidity, which may also be a big cause of the heat stresses you are seeing!

At first look, I would venture to say that that IS heat stress... you see the way teh leaves are curling up... the plant is trying to keep what H20 it has, thus the cupping of the leave sides!

82 is also a bit warm if it is kept there constantly... also, you may consider a hygrometer if you don't have one, that will show you your temp and relative humidity, which may also be a big cause of the heat stresses you are seeing!

I go along with the Capt. Heat stress and I bet way low humidity.

You should also cover the grow wool(Sp??), you don't want algae in there at all.

Prairie

Cheers, Guys Thanks for the help.

I have gone and got some ducting for my extractor fan which I am now venting to the outside, this seems to have lowered the temps considerably. Got One on those hygrometers to mesure temp and rel humidity. Its saying about ?? with ?? rel humidity. It supposed to start getting cooler round here soon so if I can pull them through this period I should be right. I have also changed my nutrient to "Dutch Master Original" Im suss on the cheapo brand I brought originaly. It recommended puting 250ml for each part(for my 50L resivour) I have put in 150ml of both parts to see how it goes, my E.C is now about 1.7 (PH ??). I'll see how it goes thanks again. Gloabal warming sux in OZ we havent had rain for like 6 months and its 30DegC+ every day.

:thumb:

Sounds like you are getting a handle on the RH/Temps M8... that's good to hear.
If I were you now, I would keep an eye on those numbers, RH and Temps/PH... these are very important, and... until you know your grow inside and out, I would keep a weather eye on the whole thing.
Your grow is only as good as your biggest limiting factor!

Peace the hell out!

The resivour temp is about 21DegC now, Before I got the resivour I had one that wasnt real good just a clear plastic storage container 60L (I was still tring to get the room together when I got these clones) It had bugger all protection on the lid and the nutrient solution was getting hot (was warm to the touch). When I noticed this (a couple of days in) I went and got a decent resivoir box and armoured the lid with this black plactic cut from DVD covers nolonger wanted, the water is now cool to the touch. This could have contributed to my problem in heindsight. The weather here has gotten heaps cooler it was 30DegC yesterday today its 22DegC and it rained for the first time in a month this morning, im cold cause we're so used to the hot weather 30DegC is ussualy a cool day. Hopefully the weather will stay at this level. Another thing I was thinking is I have a fan which osilates but kinda blows on the plants is this a good idea or could it be stressing them out, it just seems like the one closest to the fan is the most affected, should I point the fan so it not blowing onto the pants in it osilation pass. Also on my hygrometer the relitive humitdity is a bit low around 40% I have been told that if ya put some wet towles or a bowl of water in the growroom this can bump up the humitdity, so I'm gunna try that.

Cheers:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom