PLZ!Help me save my BABIES

kwar2010

420 Member
start off with the basics the two strains ive got going are sum bubba kush and sum hogs breathe. currently 2 days into Low Stress Training. cloned from their mothers, rooted and transplanted lil over a week ago to sum plastic cups til roots grew strong enough. using amend gardening soil. they have just recently started turning and burning. the leaves tips curl and become crisp before it dies.have yet to add any nutrients for the fact that im afraid of overloading the plant and seending it ito nut. lock. if its not already happening. the PH was tested yesterday, i dont have a PH meter yet, so im forced to rely on friends equipment. so i cant verify the accuracy or the calibration of the meter but it was reading a bit over 7. i just cant figure it out. so my question, is their anybody out there that could help me with identifying the source of this problem and maybe sum help on a solution. anyways thanks for checkin it out, here r sum pics to help u,help me.

thanks,

Mr. K.DuBya

week_1_003.jpg

week_1_005.jpg

week_1_006.jpg

week_1_004.jpg

1st problem is ur using clear cups. Light and roots don't mix. Either cover them with paper sleeves or transplant ASAP. That soil looks very moist. Did u poke drain holes in the bottom of the cups b4 planting? If not just transplant, don;t poke them if the roots are already to the bottom. U should let the soil almost dry out b4 watering again. Feel how heavy the cups are wet and when they're dry they'll be much lighter. As for the PH, 7 is too high. Most strains in soil won't do to well with anything over 6.8 (at least this is what I've learned from reading.). U should get some PH reference solution for ur meter to calibrate and to store ur meter in and some PH up and PH down to adjust ur water/nute PH b4 applying. The probe must is supposed to remain wet. Distilled water or reference solution are best. What type of lighting u using and how close (inches/feet) is the light to the plants? What type of soil amendments u using? What have ur temperatures been averaging in the day? Nights? A little more info will help us help u a little better. :peace:

Hey bro I know how u feel sounds like we have the same problem I can't help u rite now but if I find a solution ill let u know but my girls are n worst shape

thoes things look like they have rooted allot. can you see the roots on the side of the cups ? bwc is right if you can see the roots in the cups the light is getting to them and burning them causin the tips of the leaves to die off.

usually when the roots get exposed to the light it dies causing the leafs to brown at the tips sometimes not always just something that happend to me once.

Yea bro and when you transplant, try using a different soil or add some perlite to it. Your soil looks very dense. May present a problem later....

125w cfl n its 8 to 10 inches away. temp during the day been consistent 80,n night ranges from 70 to 75.temp only fluxes bout 5 degreees. the soils kelog amending potting soil good/bad soil???? would it have to do with the fact that these r second and third generation clones? grew their mommys just fine, no problems. this last batch seems a lot more temperamental. thanks a lot for alllthe help. GREATLY appreciated.

Mr K-DuBya

2nd or 3rd generation doesn't seem relevant. They all came from the same mom. Ur temps look good. Just follow the previous instructions and give them a little time. If ur feet got cooked over the course of a week or 2 u'd be taking ur time trying to walk again right? Plants taking their time. But that soggy soil is also a prob. U can get root rot, fungus gnats, stunted growth/underdeveloped roots. Give em time.

yeah i know all too well about root rot, fungus gnat, etc. this probly my 5th season ive started and will be finishing. ive always used a 1000w hps or mh and used to soil drying every day... low heat from the cfl is a new to me.and the two mothers that i got these off of, were clones i got from LA. so idk wat actual generation they r. neway i did wat u all suggested threw em in sum 1 gallons to help stimulate better root growth. the ph was pretty high, got a new meter soil was reading 7.2. got sum ph down in there and hopefully itll work out in the next couple days... would it be good to give my babys a couple days to get over the shock of transplanting before starting it on a nut cycle??? sorry for rambling and here's a follow up of wat i did. thanks again for ur guys help, ull definately be hearing from me a lot more.

Mr. K-DuBya
week_23.jpg

They look alot happier in those bigger pots. Your using CFL's so I'd bring them alot closer than 8 to 10 inches away. They emit so little heat and their light waves dont penetrate into the canopy very far, so you need them alot closer than 8 to 10 inches. I think anything more than 2 inches is wasting time with CFL's. And yea I would wait a few days to let them get over the shock of transplant.

threw sum distilled water init the other nite it brought it down alil so i threw sum more. itwas 6.8 exact this morning it rose nother point but they seem happy! if the ph drops too low can i use lemon juice tobring the ph back up.

Mr. K-DuBya

do not nute it for a weed or so your using freshy soil with is rich in all the food a minerals a plant needs, when i soil runs ouf of food than you water with a mild nute solution and if your using ff i def would at least go half strength:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom