PM infestation! 4 weeks from harvest! Help!

I'm not positive, I exhaust mine thru to a gardening box outside with a carbon filter hooked up to that end inside the box. I sniffed a couple times outside the box soon as I turned exhaust on and couldn't smell anything, but when I walked outside a minute later I thought maybe I detected a hint of it. I think if it does smell it'll be for such a small period of time and diluted it shouldn't be an issue. Probably just for a couple mins max as soon as u kick the vent on and its sucking the bulk out, I don't imagine its a consistant smell.

Question about venting after burning sulfur. Will a carbon scrubber mask the odoriferous sulfur smoke upon exhaust? That was another reason I didn't burn sulfur when I had the PM problem. That smell escaping may not be ideal for a covert, urban, indoor grow. Anyone know?

Good question, but IDK. Like SW, I just vent outside and have no close neighbors to worry about.

I'll ask around though.

DD

Wow, sound advise sidewing. We have spent countless hours in that room in the past week spraying each individual plant with serenade. Like you said, it would be ok with a small crop but we are running 30 full size plants in there. Plus they are getting top heavy and hard to move around. It's just not feasible anymore. Sulfur vaporizer it is. We are picking up the EcoPlus 704050 Greenhouse Vaporizor on Monday. Thanks for the instructions. I'll keep you guys up to date with the progress. Wish me luck!:party::Namaste:

cool!!! real good job guys good info. my sulfur burner was all but new when i got it, i have been burning once a week for little over an hour and i agree the smell and sign of it are gone after a day no sign of it. i will post my result, ive been using the whole humbolt nutreints program. lots $$$$. I have mabey 2 weeks little more will stop using the burner now, today i went 2+ hrs on # 2 setting. If anybody can help me identify mine its yellow, nice cup for sulfur and nice burner looks nice. to get some jelousy going i got it for 40 dollors w/ pellets LOL!!!! hell ya score for the poor hippy hehe

Where can I get a sulphur burner besides online? Hydro shops? Or will a normal garden center type place have it? Probably not right, who's gonna be out in their yard with a sulphur burner offing pm in the dark?? Probably not vegetable gardeners....

Yea a grow shop is your best bet.if they don't have one they might be able to tell u where to get one. U can make one cheap, go to walmart then look for a electric water warmer. Then buy a colman cup the blue one u can put over a fire and it wont burn. U need to make a stand for the cup so you can space the burner from the cup. Start two inches up away from heating element fill cup half way and try to burn silver that way. Its cheap but might work real well if you play with it. That's all they are really. Usually they are about $125 for a cheap one. Mabey even a small camps cook stove but make sure u don't burn too much at one time. Better to burn less intense than too much at once. But ill tell ya sulfur is the best. Don't elemenate itbut the best wack .can give pm

That leads to my next question, where can o buy the sulphur? I am not 100% positive I have pm but it looks like it in a few small spots but those spots have been there for a week or better without getting any worse, but the conditions are perfect for it, temps between 70-75 and the humidity is floating in the 50's. I kinda want to be prepared if I do t have it in there but if I do I need to handle it. All my strains that I wanna keep are all in the same room, I have no area to quarantine any of them so I don't know what I should do. I shut down my humidifier as I needed it for the past few months but the humidity just will not go away without a dehuey and I don't have the cash for a dehuey or a sulphur burner nevermind both so I am really screwed at this point. I literally just purchased a 1000w light, a tent, the whole shebang running myself right out of cash. I need to get something cheap to keep it at bay for the moment. I had some stuff called organicide which I purchased qt home depot that claims to be able to control pm and an whole host of different pest/fungus type problems. I'm not to keen on using anything from hd on my plants but I'm at the mercy of pm if I do in fact have it going on....

Calgon.........take me away.....

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for the info fellas. Sorry for being rude. Stressed out about this, this crop is being counted on by more than just me.

I am going through the same situation right now. I just turned my lights back and the PM broke out. I found out doing some research that h20 with a ph of 8 will kill the PM or at least help contain it. I am not sure how effective it is i just tried it out myself. I will let you know if it seems to work for me, im hoping it does. Im not sure what the higher alkaline h20 will do as far as messing with the taste of your buds. Good luck

How Will PH Be Affected?

I found out doing some research that h20 with a ph of 8 will kill the PM or at least help contain it. I am not sure how effective it is i just tried it out myself. I will let you know if it seems to work for me, im hoping it does.

I'm interested in the affects of a high PH on the foliar surface. Let us know if your leaves are contorted as a result of spraying with a PH of 8.

Re: How Will PH Be Affected?

I'm interested in the affects of a high PH on the foliar surface. Let us know if your leaves are contorted as a result of spraying with a PH of 8.

I will let you know what my plants look like tomorrow. I have sprayed my clones with it once each day for the past 3 days and have not seen any sign of stress or curling leaves on them. The PMD is dead on the clones, so we will see what happens with the biggens. Ill keep you updated

so sorry for the late response. i hope everything is working out. The high ph water did not effect any of the fan leaves, it seems to have taking care of the problem. I like it because i can spray with the lights on so it can dry right away under the heat of the lamps. I did spray with safers brand anti mildew, recently just in case there was some pmd i didnt see. i really like the safers brand i sprayed everything and didnt see any effects on my buds. i bought a green light head lamp and sprayed right after the lights went off. then turned all my fans on and exhaust fans on to take care of the humidity. So how did you take care of it?

dont know if it has been mentioned but using h2o2 will work great mix it at a ration of 8 table spoons to a pint for the standard 3% stuff. most plants will take much higher ratio's of H2o2(Hydrogen peroxide)

H2o2 is the closest element to H2o that there is on our planet, it will leave no residue and will evaperate quickly without the chance of your plant getting burn or your bud getting tainted

hope this helps

Green

Back
Top Bottom