PNW Outdoor Mixed Indica Grow Journal 2019

Been slacking on the updates...so here's a few:

Shot of the girls fromthe living room window about a week or so ago:
20190527_072309.jpg

Early girl (autoflower) about a week before I tilter her over...
early girl.jpg

I think this is the White Widow here: Still showing strong yellowing at new growth...which I am for sure now is an excellent indicator that these things are growing FAST!!!.
white widow22.jpg

This is the beginning of my little makeshift-homemade-cloning room. All recycled parts. The heater is a cheap old food dehydrator which miraculously keeps the temps at 28 degrees C. And the lights are shitty old fixtures I've had for a long time. Bulbs are not the greatest but whatever...they work.

clones (2).jpg

These pictures were from about 2 or 3 weeks ago:
clones1.jpg

And this picture is from today. I've already given away 2 clones to a couple of neighbours! Spread the love right!
clones.jpg

So now to flaunt my shitty photography skills... These are shots of that bagseed plant that my buddy brought over. I bought a 200x scope from aliexpress for like 6 bucks...and once I focused on a tric...I hovered my Galaxy A8 phone over top and created these shots...amazing what these phones can do.

I'm guessing another week and she'll be ready. Not much amber...mostly clear and cloudy.

chromes (3).jpg
chromes (2).jpg
chromes (1).jpg
chromes (5).jpg
beck winning the prize (2).jpg
chromes (4).jpg

beck winning the prize (2).jpg

I’ve never seen a fim turn out like that before.

Yeah I'm pretty confident that's what happened. The new growth nodes were spaced together so tight on this one...that when I topped it I shaved a bit off of the leave growing underneath. I could be wrong but it makes sense.

Also you guys are right...there is zero amber in those pictures. I found one or two trics with a very slight tinge of orange but didn't end up getting a shot of them.

So can I ask you guys...what percentage of amber to cloudy to you go for when choppy chop?

Totally personal preference. Amber trichomes indicate that THC has converted to CBN, which is the cannabinoid that causes couchlock/body stone. The more amber, the better for sleep. If you want more head high, don't let too many go amber.

Harvest timing is a dance between clear (unripe), cloudy (ripe), and amber (overripe). The plant matures at its own pace and the grower decides when the balance is right for them.

Ok so who thinks I should up-pot? I''m debating buying 5's to put these in (they are in 3's now). But I have 10's available. Would 10 gallons be too big for these girls? I don't want to spend a fortune in nutrient water though either.

Hmmmm....

Only 2 gallons of feed in 10 gallons of soil-less? Is that with 15% run-off?

I ended up putting them in 10's yesterday...and I'm kind of glad I did because the roots were quite bound. I'll be happy to see zero root-binding at the end of this grow but for some reason, I doubt I will.

Pics to follow soon.

So I put 15 gallons of feed water into the 3 of them yesterday and that just got me to run-off. Wowzers. I think I may have went too big considering these things are going to start to flower in a month...Oh well...at least the waterings will be fewer and further between.

So a question...

Is it better to cut off a branch that's been damaged...or bandage it up watch the plant try and save it? My son and I were playing soccer in the backyard and a rouge ball landed on the White Widow and I noticed a few hours later one of her arms snapped down. I wrapped it back in place with string...but today she doesn't look good. It was a good break.

So do I amputate now? Or watch it try and repair its broken arm? Is the droopiness 24 hours later a sign that it's gonna fall off? Or do you think we can save the arm?

20190624_124803.jpg

20190624_124753.jpg

I use electrical tape and try to do it right away, but you certainly did a nice job wrapping it up with string! I'd wait a few more days before chopping it off. I've had stems I thought were goners come back fine after 4 or 5 days.

If it does recover, I'd make sure to keep an eye on that joint so the string doesn't constrict growth. One of the nice things about electrical tape is it has some stretch.

One of the nice things about electrical tape is it has some stretch.

I knew I was posing a restriction problem when I wrapped it up with that string. And I did consider tape, but my mind wandered to the gross/chemical ingredients in the sticky side of tape. Ah...Whatever eh? I was probably over thinking things.

So...A picture story:

3 Days after the injury (replaced with electrical tape for fear of choking, Thanks Shed!)

attempt.jpg

4 Days after the injury (not looking good):

dead.jpg

Dead Limb:

derad2.jpg

A close look at the break (yup...that's getting amputated):

break.jpg

Tried to make it as clean as possible:

sever.jpg

Open Wound:

stump.jpg

Field Dressing:

3.jpg

Goodbye Arm:

20190626_140223.jpg

A Shadow of the Past:

shadow.jpg

I think I remember seeing outdoor plants many years ago that were almost 6 feet tall where stalk wasn't this big.

Damn nutrients man. Used straight Potassium Silicate for pH up every feed.

Attachments

• 20190616_131359.jpg
    20190616_131359.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom