Pocket Microscopes?

billmoe93

So I was interested in buying a pocket microscope for trichs. I looked on amazon and Carson seemed to be the brand everyone was referring too. It fit the 15 dollar price point and had the 100x.

However the reviews were so mixed I just got confused. Some people swore by it, others condemned it as a POS and were specifically refering to looking at plants. Were they just using it wrong?

Anyone have experience with this scope? Or maybe refer me to a decent scope? Thanks

I just bought a Carson lighted Microscope off Amazon for around 18 bucks. 60-100x and comes with a led light and focus wheel. Comes with the batteries and It is just as good as the scope being offered by 420 Science as far as I can tell. The one I bought after shopping around quite a bit was the Carson MicroMax MM-200 LED Lighted Zoom Microscope. Very handy for checking how close to finish your plants are and also to look at buds you buy for impurities. There are other ones out there I am am sure for less money but this one has everything you need and Carson is a trusted brand when it comes to optics.

Thnx, that helps a lot. I needed a growers review on these things. Now I just gotta figure out which Carson :)

I was looking at the LED and the regular Carson pocket scope. Can I ask why you chose the LED scope over the regular light?

I wanted to get the LED Carson but then I read about the batteries being like watch batteries as oppose to AAA batteries, so now Im on the fence. I imagine the LED bulb being brighter but the regular scope being easier and cheaper finding replacement batteries. Is the light very important?

The light is important. The batteries last a long time and if they run out they sell them @ Radioshack or any place that sells watches. The one that takes 2 x AA is an older model I believe.

hey there bill do you have a radio shack in town there you can get the light there not sure if they call it a carson but the one i just bought looks just like it and it was $12.95 and no shipping
good luck Rockil

I bought mine for Christmas and every grower and Bud Connoisseur should have one of these. Whenever I go to the dispensry and pick up a new strain I always check the trichs to see where they are as far as how milky or amber they are. It is also interesting to look at other things under it too look hash and kief.

I had major issues ith the Radio Shack scope, but it wasn't a 'pocket' scope. I searched on linw nd found what appared to be much better scopes for less, and a local hobby store had a nice one, but pricey- may be deep discounted after xmas.

Somewhere I came across a jewelers pocket magnifier, which works great.

HTH

when i use mine i cut the tip off of a sugar leaf and place it on a flat surface then take a look i tried looking at the leaf while on the plant and that is a pain in the ass
Rockil

I have the Radio Shack model and find that it works great on the bench. I purchased mine some years ago for looking at rock samples when prospecting and I have tried to inspect plants with it. For me personally, it’s no good for a growing plant, I can’t hold it still long enough to get the good look that I want and it’s hard to navigate because everything is backwards in the viewer.

I purchased a Chinese scope called “supereyes” and it is fantastic for looking at plants or anything else that requires close inspection. It cost a little over $60.00 and for me it was money well spent. It plugs into your computer with a USB cable and it is tripod attachable; no batteries, it is powered through the USB port. It magnifies to 250x and takes pictures and video. Great little scope/camera if you have a few extra bucks.

Thnx everybody, I feel much more confident in purchasing now.

Rockil: That is a great idea cutting a bit of a sugar leaf off. I was definately worried about being able to steady and focus the scope. I had been reading about people having trouble with this in the reviews.

Back
Top Bottom