Police Ordered To Return Grow Equiptment

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Polk County Sheriff’s officers returned marijuana growing equipment Friday afternoon to a local man whose drug charges were dropped earlier in the week.

Charges against medicinal marijuana advocate Steve Marlowe were thrown out Monday after a judge ruled that deputies showed a “reckless disregard for the law” in using a discredited informant’s statement to obtain a search warrant.

The charges against Marlowe of Mill Spring were dismissed by the District Attorney’s Office late Monday afternoon, according to Marlowe’s attorney, Ben Scales.

Marlowe called the Polk County Sheriff’s Office on Friday to request that his property be returned to him, but was instructed to talk with the District Attorney’s Office.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office was instructed to return any of Marlowe’s property that was not considered paraphernalia or marijuana itself, Lt, Brent Jackson said. Marlowe pulled his tie-dye colored truck up to the Polk County Sheriff’s office late Friday afternoon.

“They gave it all back except the pot,” Marlowe said. “I think this is a good thing because this is about medical marijuana. I mean if it weren’t about that, I wouldn’t fool with it.”

Marlowe said this is the third time he has had his equipment returned by the Sheriff’s Office after they raided his home.

user015.gif

Steve Marlowe sits in a truck in front of the Polk County​

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: BlueRidgeNow.com
Copyright: 2008 BlueRidgeNow.com

Back
Top Bottom