Police pose as deliveryman to make marijuana bust

Cozmo

PULLMAN, Wash. A police officer posing as a package delivery man arrested a Washington State University student who allegedly sent marijuana to himself.

United Parcel Service employees notified police after receiving a package that smelled like marijuana.Whitman County Sheriff Brett Myers says investigation revealed the student was both sender and recipient, so U-P-S allowed the Quad Cities Drug Task Force to use one of its uniforms and vans.

An officer posing as a U-P-S driver then delivered the package to the student, who was arrested for misdemeanor drug possession.
Myers says the student would be facing felony charged if he had used the U-S Postal Service to send the dope to himself.

Newshawk: CoZmO - 420Magazine.com
Source:
khq.com
Author: Maggie Breshears
Copyright: 2007 The Associated Press

Why a misdemeanor for UPS and a felony for USPS they both DELIVER MAIL just because the government owns USPS it should recieve some special treatent...I dont know...flying high

Note to self: don't use the feds to transport drugs.

I wonder how it was packed cause I doubt they use drug dogs at UPS, but who knows. WTF @ package handlers sniffing packages.

The employee smelled it.

United Parcel Service employees notified police after receiving a package that smelled like marijuana.

Lesson learned, anyways. USPS = Felony, UPS = Employees with incredible noses. Always ship FedEx :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom