Politoed Grows Fastbuds Auto OG Kush, Cream Cookies & Grapefruit In Hempy Under 500W Budget LED

lol nice pun

how do you dry now? ive been cutting them into quarters (so they fit in the wash bucket) and hanging them in my old tent. small 6” fan pointing at the floor of the tent, one vent open. keep it in my dark bedroom at about 68°f and 60% rh

i wannna get some big ass bins to wash in so i can hang more of the plant whole and slow the dry time a bit more

I use my 27"x27" tent to dry. I feed a 4" hose into the tent and outside the tent I have a 4" vivisun inline duct fan that I have timed to run 5 minutes out of every half hour. That keeps air fresh, but doesn't blow directly on the plants. Even at that and maintaining 50% humidity, mine seem to dry out very quickly.

I use my 27"x27" tent to dry. I feed a 4" hose into the tent and outside the tent I have a 4" vivisun inline duct fan that I have timed to run 5 minutes out of every half hour. That keeps air fresh, but doesn't blow directly on the plants. Even at that and maintaining 50% humidity, mine seem to dry out very quickly.
maybe try upping the humidity and lowering the total air flow? i usw 60% (i only go to 50-55 on the first day after the wash for a few hours to get most of the “dangerous” moisture) my guess is those two things can help slow it down. also dry trimming if youre not already doing that. depending on how long i leave them to dry in the pots pre chop, it can drastically alter the dry time too

Harvest Day - Grapefruit 1

Got to trim up the first Grapefruit today. This one is the Peach Rings smelling love of my life. I chopped her, washed her, and dried her for 7 days before trimming today. Hands down my favorite plant I have ever grown.

For nutes, I tapered off slightly for the last two weeks down to about 2ml micro and 4-8ml bloom, 1tsp epsom salts. no gro and no calmag. for the last feed I gave her just ph'd water, then let her dry out for about 5 days (2 in the light and 3 in the dark) before chopping her.

The wash method is 1 5gal slightly warm water/baking soda/lemon juice (I go light on the mix). 2 buckets of cool water to rinse after. I only do 2 plants per batch before changing the water out. Then shake dry, drip dry for 5-10 mins, and put in my drying tent.

Drying wise, the first 12 hours or so, I run my carbon filter, a passive intake, and a small fan blowing directly on the buds. I set my dehu to 50%. Then I kill the filter, just leave the small fan blowing at the floor (not the buds!), and set the dehu to 60%.

Between the water at the last feed, the dry before the chop, the wash and the slow dry, the buds are almost smokable right away. I prefer to wait at least 3 weeks of jar time myself, but this Grapefruit shows some pretty nice fading and chlorophyll degradation. It is smoother to smoke than any commercial weed, right off the drying rack.

Grapefruit 1 went 76 days from seed, took 7 days to dry, and yielded a lovely 56.1g of solid nugs (no larf) and .9g of first run dry sift. I am one happy camper.
C739AADE-3AD4-4FFF-9A23-808080734CEB.jpeg
F3EF3150-C178-4C8F-A3B6-2E0D6569C1B6.jpeg
98487930-C00B-4971-89A5-96D45056D87C.jpeg
418350ED-F63D-459B-8B44-D15426EC8336.jpeg
3DF66324-87AE-44AE-82B6-B67B70382A2A.jpeg
A7C4FBE2-73B3-423A-8DBB-CA672C05B777.jpeg

Smoke Reports (I roll joints about .7g and share it with a friend)

OG Kush 1
This is some heavy stuff. Harvested on the later side for knockout effect, and it definitely works.
Head - Not a "high" feeling, definitely a "stoned" feeling. But it is mild, euphoric, loving and relaxed.
Body - Absolutely debilitating. Narcotic is a good word. Perfect for aches and pains, nausea, etc.

Smell is sweet, earthy, a little fruity, piney, and gassy. Tastes sweet, floral and earthy on the exhale. Starts to hit immediately in the body. By the end of the joint you feel relaxed, euphoric and warm/loose. 15-20 mins in the narcotic really sets in. I've gotten the nods from this a few times. Feels a bit like an opiate and a xanax met in the middle, but if they weren't concocted by evil pharmaceutical devils hellbent on sucking the soul of humanity for profit. Mentally feels happy and "its all gooddddd mannnn".

Grapefruit 1

Fruity as hell, just smells like candy and not even bud. An absolute treat.
Head - Energizing, euphoric, kaleidoscopic cerebral blast.
Body - Strong behind the eyes and face, silly grin squinty eye stuff. Giggly, energetic and stumbly.

I keep saying it, but smells like an open bag of Peach Rings dialed up to 1000. Taste is sweet and fruity. Hits immediately behind the eyes and under the skin by the time the joint comes back to you. Starts out with a blast, giggly and silly, and evolves into an energetic creative rush. Great for any type of art, physical labor, exercise, cleaning, whatever. Just no powertools or heavy machinery cause she makes you a silly goose.

Smoke Reports (I roll joints about .7g and share it with a friend)

OG Kush 1
This is some heavy stuff. Harvested on the later side for knockout effect, and it definitely works.
Head - Not a "high" feeling, definitely a "stoned" feeling. But it is mild, euphoric, loving and relaxed.
Body - Absolutely debilitating. Narcotic is a good word. Perfect for aches and pains, nausea, etc.

Smell is sweet, earthy, a little fruity, piney, and gassy. Tastes sweet, floral and earthy on the exhale. Starts to hit immediately in the body. By the end of the joint you feel relaxed, euphoric and warm/loose. 15-20 mins in the narcotic really sets in. I've gotten the nods from this a few times. Feels a bit like an opiate and a xanax met in the middle, but if they weren't concocted by evil pharmaceutical devils hellbent on sucking the soul of humanity for profit. Mentally feels happy and "its all gooddddd mannnn".

Grapefruit 1
Fruity as hell, just smells like candy and not even bud. An absolute treat.
Head - Energizing, euphoric, kaleidoscopic cerebral blast.
Body - Strong behind the eyes and face, silly grin squinty eye stuff. Giggly, energetic and stumbly.

I keep saying it, but smells like an open bag of Peach Rings dialed up to 1000. Taste is sweet and fruity. Hits immediately behind the eyes and under the skin by the time the joint comes back to you. Starts out with a blast, giggly and silly, and evolves into an energetic creative rush. Great for any type of art, physical labor, exercise, cleaning, whatever. Just no powertools or heavy machinery cause she makes you a silly goose.

Sounds amazing! I wish I hadn't burned my olfactory sense out with the years of Afrin. I can tell the difference between strains, but can't really pick out any of those subtleties and every strain tastes the same to me to smoke or vape. I do like the sound of that OG Kush, I hope mine has that effect. How were the trichomes when you harvested? cloudy? Amber?

Sounds amazing! I wish I hadn't burned my olfactory sense out with the years of Afrin. I can tell the difference between strains, but can't really pick out any of those subtleties and every strain tastes the same to me to smoke or vape. I do like the sound of that OG Kush, I hope mine has that effect. How were the trichomes when you harvested? cloudy? Amber?
my nose isnt the best either. ive got a lot of sinus/breathing issues so being able to smell and taste comes in waves, but i do appreciate it when i can. a lot of times right when i go to eat, they swell to the point i cant breathe out of my nose. i still havent figured out why this happens.

the trichs were honestly hard to read on these plants. idk if its cause theyre autos or what. on the leaves they had gone amber quite a bit. 30% maybe. the nugs still seemed to have plenty of clear, cloudy and a tiny bit of amber when i harvested. but now after 9 days drying the nugs are golden and its def amber ish.

id say i harvested on the later side, but not “late”. a few more days wouldve been too much tho and im glad i took the other OG a little earlier (with respect to that plants maturity, not age)

i like this og because its definitely more medicinal or specific in the effect. not just “lets get high bro!”

Yeah, I have harvested my autos when there is mostly cloudy, but it seems that I only get a few amber on the actual calyces by the time the plant seems to be screaming "I'm done!" in all other aspects. I find the same, that I have plenty of amber on the sugar leaves, but not so many on the flower.

Yeah, I have harvested my autos when there is mostly cloudy, but it seems that I only get a few amber on the actual calyces by the time the plant seems to be screaming "I'm done!" in all other aspects. I find the same, that I have plenty of amber on the sugar leaves, but not so many on the flower.
exactly! stopped drinking entirely, leaves started wilting. she was done. i try to just go off trichs but if every other sign is screaming “chop me!”, well ya know

the hash is definitely straight knockout stuff. i really love it but if you have anything on the schedule, stay away from the kush hash

Harvest Day - OG Kush 2

This OG Kush was a bit bigger, and way more colorful than the other one was. It also took about two weeks longer to finish, but it was worth it. It has a much different, stronger terpene profile. This is definitely the better pheno. It smells like pink starburst, with a hint of gasoline. OG Kush 2 went 82 days from seed and yielded 60g of fine trimmed buds.

I will give smoke reports for the rest of the strains after they cure a little bit. I have some nugs to hold me over now from the last two plants, and I hate dipping into uncured jars. Nug photos will be with the smoke reports.

1E6B1246-0748-40F7-878D-4CCD0FDB4F4A.jpeg
4EA37732-ABA0-4E5E-B185-60BE1B8C8BFD.jpeg
9E1DB4E8-247B-48F6-91FD-E5027880B729.jpeg
898ABA4C-B978-4363-9A30-96BC1FC39E92.jpeg
26BB7EEF-FACF-4C67-8E3E-B07E0DFB4A49.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful my Braddah! Love the colors on that girl

Just keep tinkering and adjusting my friend. You will find your sweet spot with these autos. 60 grams of crip OG ain’t nothin to sneeze at!

:passitleft:

Just keep tinkering and adjusting my friend. You will find your sweet spot with these autos. 60 grams of crip OG ain’t nothin to sneeze at!

haha appreciate it. i must be a pessimist because i was expecting about an ounce from each plant, so 60g makes me wanna do a backflip. what doesnt make me wanna do a backflip is no health insurance.

i got about 20 new autos going in soil right now, i will see how those play out. i have some black creams which i think you grew nicely if i remember. you have some great stuff rolling in. the DD looks nuts

Harvest Day - The Rest!

I will keep this short and sweet since I am limited to photos and everything is still curing, but here she goes:

Grapefruit 2 went 82 days and yielded 66.8g. The smell is more citrus than the other grapefruit, and the nugs are harder foxtaily style, reminds me of this cali orange I used to get (only in structure). I might prefer this pheno more, it’s hard to tell.
CFBA4755-6A17-4A5C-BFCA-ED1AD885E264.jpeg
79443493-FDFB-4600-ACB9-D2FC4A79EB2F.jpeg
12175DD9-65E0-426A-ACCF-2C36E2196311.jpeg

Cream Cookies (large) went 82 days and yielded 86 grams. The nugs are fluffier and still smell grassy but when touched the buds smell great. Hope she cures well.
27B39E61-831F-4553-B501-7B50C3D3AA7D.jpeg
51BCB6A3-97C4-4FBE-BB3D-B0C0B9C5C9DC.jpeg
4700487F-5381-4678-BA24-E88C04C31069.jpeg

Cream Cookies (small) went 82 days and yielded 56.6g. Not bad for a 10” plant :D This one may have stole the show for me at the end. She started foxtailing heavily and almost looked like she was revegging, so she finished her last week out in 12/12. Despite the wackiness, she yielded some dense frosty nugs, which look like kush/haze hybrid, smell the same, plus a massive dose of chips ahoy! The smoke is smooth and fluffy and tastes half haze half chips ahoy. Incredible plant.
729CE95E-54F7-4AF5-B7A7-5F90280FBB76.jpeg
1C8E79F6-7118-4398-8327-C4B1B68A110B.jpeg

This gave me a total harvest weight of 369.6g from the six plants. I will post a proper grow summary and smoke reports in a few days.

Just for fun, and because they’re pretty, here are some shots of a Fastberry on day 48. They’re the remnants of a failed second run tagging along behind the rest.

I have two small plants, one purple, one green. The purple pheno smells like 80% peanut butter, 15% fruit and 5% gas. It is present, but not strong. The green pheno.. whoaaaa nelly. It is mint, fruit, and some type of solvent that stings the nostrils. 60% of the time, it works every time, type of stuff. Up until last week it just smelled like a regular afghani. The gas is there but.. I have no words. Or photos :p
601568A4-1D2D-4E8B-BF4A-2727DD041CC6.jpeg

[Harvest Info]
OG Kush (1) - Day 76 - Yield: 44.1g
OG Kush (2) - Day 82 - Yield: 60g
Cream Cookies (1/lg) - Day 82 - Yield: 86g
Cream Cookies (2/sm) - Day 82 - Yield: 56.6g
Grapefruit (1/PeachRing) - Day 76 - Yield: 56.1g
Grapefruit (2) - Day 82 - Yield: 66.8g

1.5gal hempy (100% perlite)
GH Flora Trio, Calmag+, Epsom Salts
500w Budget LED s3+rspec
4x4 tent

Smoke Reports
OG Kush
#1 Super smooth. Smells fruity and pungent. Very stoney, great body and mental euphoria.
#2 Smells like pink Starburst dipped in gasoline. More hybrid pheno in appearance and effect, seems more diesel/chem-ish.
85796F32-8A17-4B7C-9AAE-ECD3F58184B5.jpeg

Cream Cookies
#1/lg - Smells sweet and like cookies. Fluffier sativa dominant pheno with slight kush and durban notes. Hybrid, but slightly "up" high.
#2/sm - Smells like Chips Ahoy/Famous Amous with durban/hazey and kush vibes. Taste is very durban/haze on the exhale. High is super balanced between the kush and sativa. Love this plant.
E2E940F4-04C3-4C7E-9ABD-1009B217C185.jpeg

Grapefruit
#1/PeachRing - Cured to maintain the smell, adding some sweet and citrus vibes along with it. Super up high, you feel it behind the eyes almost immediately. Giggly and euphoric, not a "racey" sativa at all.
#2 - More traditional citral strain, sativa high with a bit of a mellow side to it as well. Strong orange vibes, thick smoke.
0F6221D1-12A9-45EE-9391-00D576C22E77.jpeg

Lessons Learned
*the most important part*
- I should have filled the buckets with more medium. I ran out of perlite, but excuses = lower yields.
- I could have fit more plants in the tent. I was worried I would end up with some of these 14oz monsters for some reason. I understand size of autos better now.
- I should have fed calmag sooner, and more of it. The deficiency showed up quickly, but it was already “too late”.
- Trying to manage hempy while mixing multiple feeds per day is a very time consuming method for a one man show. I will be going back to soil, and experimenting with DWC and drip systems eventually.
- Bud washing is nice. I do notice a difference in the smoothness and quality in my flowers, as well as a seemingly accelerated curing process.
- Chemdog and Durban make up a big part of most of my favorite genetics. Seeking these strains out for future breeding projects of my own is interesting.
- LED lighting has made great advances and these nuggets beat out my best HID grown nuggets.
- “Quadlining” is awesome. I think this method/similar methods of combining topping, lollipopping and LST really combine to give you a nice structured plant, comprised mostly of main top colas.
- Dry sift from the trim rules.

-

That does it for this journal. Thank you to everyone who stopped in and took a look, shared knowledge or just traded banter. Tagging those who may be interested in seeing the finish. Take care!
@Budget LED @THC Onlyfans @Canadianclstgrower @420BudzFreak @Canadadoes @FelipeBlu @Sunnyskies @Rickstertp @StRoostifer
and anyone else I missed, thanks again

Excellent recap and beautiful work my Braddah. I agree LED’s are pretty incredible now days. Anyone I’ve smoked out could neither tell me they just smoked a autoflower strain grown under LED as stoned as they were haha O hope you are having a blessed day my friend and be sure to tag me on your next go!

Well done on the harvest and the detailed smoke report! :thumb:

so what’s next for ya politoed?
thank you so much! i have my 2 room setup almost running smoothly.

2x 9 plant auto SOG/SOPs under Mars TSW2000s
13 bonsai moms and 20 seedlings under my shop light (and some clones sometimes)
8 photos that were vegged for 2.5 weeks or so under one of my 250w Budget lights
24 clones that were vegged just til they were established and growing again under the other (and a few more to come as well)

just trying to find that magic photo plant out of 36 plants and 40+ seeds.. i may keep SOGging after that, I may do a giant auto run, who knows.

eventually i want to pheno hunt / breed my own blueberrys. i have some beans from dj short, sagarmatha and dutch passion to dig through.

Back
Top Bottom